Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Editing your blog?

Old
Exclamation
Editing your blog? - Fri Jan 20, 2012, 10:35 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
Hey everyone,
A quick heads up concerning blogs.

If you edit a blog that has been previously approved, it brings it back to an unapproved status.
Some members are attempting to keep a running blog on one entry as they keep editing it to update the status of, for example, a run on a certain tourney they play every week, or how their progress is going in a Skill League.

What would be better is to just create a new blog entry, particularly if the blog is a little old. We are receiving so many more blogs these days that an edited one can very easily slip to the bottom of a long list now.

Now some edits are necessary for members to do...for example, if you've given misinformation and want to correct it, or maybe an image you've inserted isn't working.

I would suggest that if you edit a blog and don't see your edited entry approved, then simply drop a post in this thread and it will be handled right away.

Thanks as always everyone. Now get blogging.

Last edited by !!!111Dan; Fri Jan 20, 2012 at 11:39 AM..

Old
Mon Jan 30, 2012, 06:04 PM
(#2)
Bump.

Hey all,
Please attempt to simply add a new post. Some edits are quite unnecessary and creating extra work. The blogs that are long are having to be entirely reread and re-approved.
Please understand that when you edit a blog, it doesn't reappear on the blog page. That page stays in chronological order. So whenever you do an edit, no one is going to see it, unless they specifically search you or your blog to see if you're updating...and not many do that.

Your blog should have an outline approach.
If you read the blog rules, you'll understand.

Overall, it should be something like this.
I. Your main title for your blog entries that you create with your FIRST blog entry.
....A. Each subsequent entry has another title
.........1. Post should be relevant to A
....B. Next entry, new title
..........1. Post should be relevant to B.
...and so on.

We are working on a sticky to help everyone manage their blog better, including how to use links properly, and in general, to help the appearance of everything.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Thanks for using the blog feature to help make the community a better place and sharing your information.

Old
Made revisions to my last blog to fix image links and urls. - Tue Jan 31, 2012, 07:57 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2011
Hi, just read this post. I edited my last blog which has already been approved to fix the links to the image and urls which were not working properly.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blo...8&preview=true

hope you can check it.

Old
Tue Jan 31, 2012, 08:21 AM
(#4)
Hey g,
I actually sent you a pm about yours.
Your recent edit has been approved.

If someone attempts to link a blog before it is approved, you won't get a good link. It will appear as yours did with the ending "preview-true"..as yours does in your post here. If that is the case, just delete the link and wait for approval before attempting to use it in a link.
Here is your recently edited, approved blog. As you see, the blog link now works.
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=23448

Thanks! I know a lot of members will find your blog useful.

Old
Tue Jan 31, 2012, 11:25 AM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2012
Don't you guys make it a bit hard on yourself with pre-approving blogs?

Forum posts are moderated after they're published, why not blogs? It will save a bunch of work, because a lot of people are more than willing (in my experience) to 'help' moderating by reporting blogs that violate the rules.

Just my 2c

Bibliofagos.

Old
Tue Jan 31, 2012, 11:46 AM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
good idea, and why cant I vote on more than 1 blog a day

Old
Thu Feb 23, 2012, 02:25 AM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2012
BronzeStar
yeah, Im gonna say let the blogs run. I edit my blog four to five times a day with updates in current tournaments or how I'm feeling. I dont do it to bump it to the top of the list. i do it because each entry is a different day. i dont wanna spam the forum with 15 entries a day. people will grow tired of seeing my name with something stupid in it. I have 3 loyal readers already, and I've only started a week ago. I just noticed this thread, but I see no reason to spam the website with a dozen blog articles.

Also, if you think that maybe I should just cut out irrelevant crap, then that defeats the entirety of a blog. A blog is an individuals opinions. Not that you said anything of the sort, I just think that would be the only plausible retort.

Is there a way to let the blogs govern themselves like the forums? Someone mentioned in one of the threads, I cant remember who or what thread, but it was a lady and she mentioned a flag system that if a blogger has a green flag attached to their blog, it can be posted without delay and supervision, and if they commit a error that gets picked by a reader or mod, then they get a yellow flag-which means double checking for a duration of time, before going to green. A red flag would be a longer period, and a black flag would mean blogger is no longer permitted to blog, I think that would be a fantastic system. I wouldnt know how to implement but the blogs need serious work if you must approve and reapprove every single one.

In that case, you all must be cursing on me. I, however, do not agree with multiple posts. I have one blog a day thats quasi-realtime updated (delays due to approval) but if thats what must be, then thats what will be.

I apologize in advance for being so selfish.

Gerard.

Old
Thu Feb 23, 2012, 03:11 AM
(#8)
Since: Nov 2011
Simple question:
Is it acceptable here to use blogspot or similar platform for your blog and link to that from your forum posts?

Old
Thu Feb 23, 2012, 03:30 AM
(#9)
Since: Sep 2010
If you're talking about adding a signature (like the one I have below) that automatically attaches the link to all of your forum posts, then this rule applies:

Signatures: 

Signatures are available to all members and can be used in any way whatsoever as long as the forum rules and the specifications for signatures are not violated. The signature may not be longer than three lines and 200 characters.
• Links to private blogs are only permitted with back link and upon prior consultation with the PokerSchoolOnline team.

Read more: PokerSchoolOnline Forum Rules - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1nBvXCNDP

So yes, but you need to have a link directing back here. I'm new on the team, so if you'd like to do this, private message one of the other moderators and they'll be able to give you a hand.

Hope that helps.

Old
Thu Feb 23, 2012, 03:51 AM
(#10)
Since: Nov 2011
Quote:
yes, but you need to have a link directing back here
So if I wanted to start a blog, I could use any platform as long as I link PSO in the blog itself, right?
Well that's fair enough.

So er... If I also make a blog here with just one post that says, please find my [properly formattable] blog here, and the blog there links here, is that all right?

If it is, I may make me a poker blog one of these days.

Old
Thu Feb 23, 2012, 04:13 AM
(#11)
That should be fine. You can find the rules regarding the posting of links in blogs here:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...#ixzz1nC6wWgRo

So long as you don't post a prohibited type of link, you should be good.

Old
Wed Mar 14, 2012, 07:12 AM
(#12)
Since: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
If you're talking about adding a signature (like the one I have below) that automatically attaches the link to all of your forum posts, then this rule applies:

Signatures: 

Signatures are available to all members and can be used in any way whatsoever as long as the forum rules and the specifications for signatures are not violated. The signature may not be longer than three lines and 200 characters.
• Links to private blogs are only permitted with back link and upon prior consultation with the PokerSchoolOnline team.

Read more: PokerSchoolOnline Forum Rules - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1nBvXCNDP

So yes, but you need to have a link directing back here. I'm new on the team, so if you'd like to do this, private message one of the other moderators and they'll be able to give you a hand.

Hope that helps.
Great info, but how do we insert a signature into our posts, been looking all over but can't find the feature...

Old
Wed Mar 14, 2012, 07:18 AM
(#13)

Sigs have to be done by moderators in a different part of the website, since there actually isn't a way to insert them in the forums. If you want one, just PM a request to anybody on the moderating team and we'll do it for you, as long as the sig you'd like falls within the rules.

Old
Wed Mar 14, 2012, 03:26 PM
(#14)
Since: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post

Sigs have to be done by moderators in a different part of the website, since there actually isn't a way to insert them in the forums. If you want one, just PM a request to anybody on the moderating team and we'll do it for you, as long as the sig you'd like falls within the rules.
Thanks for the reply Gordon, your help is much appreciated....

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com