Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Pokerstars review

Old
Pokerstars review - Sun Jan 22, 2012, 09:21 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Hello to all,first of all i would like to give my thanks and respect to all pso staff and members who have giving me help and support.

In this review,I hope to give new members,old members,new players some incite and hopefully allowing thier game to advance.

Firstly i would like to cover people who have issues with the software and think that the integrity of pokerstars might not be right. I can assure you all, 100 percent as a loosing player,that infact the software does run true,and the variance is infact in accordance with how a real deck of cards would play.
I realise you have probably heard this before and are still sitting thier unconvinced as i was,but if you carry on and read the rest of this review you will understand.

Pokerstars offers a wide variety of games,and i do have to admit no other online poker site as the variety pokerstars offers from cheap buyins to great mtts.

Why do i lose? the biggest question every poker player asked themselves,hopefully im going to tell you why you lose!
Reasons people lose on pokerstars,the statistics show that around about 90 percent of online players lose,so one of the first things i will say on this,do not feel bad about yourself when stats show you are not in the minority of winning players,its not just you that lose, its 90 percent of the people,so if they call you the obvious poker terminology of donk,take it in your stride as you know its probably not true and you can,and are able to play.

Secondly, do not be oblivious to all the tools and software that is readily available for poker,and mostly free to use.I have argued so many times with pokerstars in the past thinking there was actual poker bots on this site,when in fact it was not, i didnt know that so many softwares were available,and people could track me down and basically shark me off.And to me they looked like bots because of their styles of play.It was just people usng software.
So you have low stats,you now know what im talking about ,now lets presume you too have these thoughts or just thought there was something not quite right.
How to stop these people and sharks homing in on you? thier stat checks will show you as a fish,
so firstly you must reverse what you have done,how you ask,i will tell you!

This might sound a bit insane but its the only way i know,you must enter lets say 45 people sit and go tourneys,and yes an expense but worth every penny to do this,then basically sit out,this in fact when you have done lets say ten,this will take you up the official poker rankings slightly and drop down your vpp,which is hands played,and hopefully take away your fish type status.
Most of these softare users are looking for easy targets,i sore 9 in the waiting list yesterday for one table.
Picture this an office type situation,several computers and users,all with poker calculators,tracking software and a strict list of playable hands using just abc poker.These people i have now labelled as a new poker term unvariables,they have little poker skills and a list! face it a 7 year old could do this.
However, i must state to you that there is some great players also ,who use this software.
When firstly sitting at a table use find a player search by right clicking on the player at the table and find a player,then colour code the mass multiplayer because you then know
he/she is playing the game like rush poker and normally will only play premium hands.
Secondly the players hidden from search,ask youself why they are hidden? sit out for a few blinds,use official poker rankings and look them up,no one can hide there.
You cannot play poker against this,they dont play as such, so you think your doing well constantly stealing blinds and bluffs,your not its what they want you to do,then before you know it you get stacked off.

So i hope this thought process helps you,and you can put thoughts like this onto the tables.

My general thoughts on pokerstars,the staff and comuniation is good,the help topics etc are great,pso great for learning new tricks,but sadly for me online poker,it s become one big computer game even at micro levels,its so hard to find players who just play,and with low bankrolls that can just about allow for variance swings,i cannot compete with what is happening to this site and probably many others.
Poker is a game thats meant to be played,but lots of people refuse to just play,
people play poker where as im a poker player there is a big difference......

So on this final note i think i may be ritiring from this site,but this time retiring for the right reasons
as i know i can nether compete with that,my bankroll would never allow it,nothing more nothing less
a great game ruined in my eyes.

thank you all good luck on the tables and hope this helps some of you to combat this,you can win and beat this but grinding for hours for cents,well say no more my time is worth more than that to me....

Old
Sun Jan 22, 2012, 10:11 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
lol who wrote this for you?

Old
Sun Jan 22, 2012, 10:19 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
lol who wrote this for you?
lol i had a good sleep last night

Old
Sun Jan 22, 2012, 10:58 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post

You cannot play poker against this,they dont play as such, so you think your doing well constantly stealing blinds and bluffs,your not its what they want you to do,then before you know it you get stacked off.

This quote was on the ABC type player who is mostly playing premier hands preflop.

I think this type of player is defeat-able. as you say they are good candidates for blind stealing, but rather than stacking off, just be aware that if they re-raise they prob have the goods and if they are seeing a flop they are doing so with good holdings

Dave "TheLangolier has a good video you can watch on this series

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...3-Hand-Reading

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...r-exploitation

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...ice-by-Example

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...Example-Part-2

Hope this helps

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 23, 2012, 10:05 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
This quote was on the ABC type player who is mostly playing premier hands preflop.

I think this type of player is defeat-able. as you say they are good candidates for blind stealing, but rather than stacking off, just be aware that if they re-raise they prob have the goods and if they are seeing a flop they are doing so with good holdings

Dave "TheLangolier has a good video you can watch on this series

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...3-Hand-Reading

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...r-exploitation

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...ice-by-Example

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...Example-Part-2

Hope this helps

Grade b
cheers b,exellent links and great value to the post thx m8t

Old
Mon Jan 23, 2012, 11:14 AM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Holdemace,

Any player can request to be taken off of OPR and be hidden from search, same goes for any of the other sites. If a player wants this, they can request it.

Sitting out won't help much. If a player does this, they will lose their entry fee, which will drop the player's ROI. Raising a player's ROI is what will help the most with the rankings.

Also, stealing or bluffing at any micro table will get a player into trouble, especailly at a cash table. Anyone seeing a player doing this will counteract it by waiting for a premium hand, then stacking the bluffer. Doing these things, especially at the lowest level micros is something that I wouldn't even consider.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 23, 2012, 11:30 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Holdemace,

Any player can request to be taken off of OPR and be hidden from search, same goes for any of the other sites. If a player wants this, they can request it.

Sitting out won't help much. If a player does this, they will lose their entry fee, which will drop the player's ROI. Raising a player's ROI is what will help the most with the rankings.

Also, stealing or bluffing at any micro table will get a player into trouble, especailly at a cash table. Anyone seeing a player doing this will counteract it by waiting for a premium hand, then stacking the bluffer. Doing these things, especially at the lowest level micros is something that I wouldn't even consider.

John (JWK24)
hi jw, I agree with you on some points, but sitting out in this type tourney will drop your vpp?
you would get higher place finishes?
you would automatically know if they rearaise you?

Old
Mon Jan 23, 2012, 12:43 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Wat?

Old
Mon Jan 23, 2012, 04:43 PM
(#9)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
What I'm beginning to see here is someone with a genuine desire to learn, but oh so many strange ideas

Old
Mon Jan 23, 2012, 06:05 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Just a few things to note:

1 ---- There is an option to hide from player searches. I don't care if somebody is looking for me, but if you do, use it.

2 ---- VPPS are set at the time you sign up for a tourney. Regardless of your finish, you score the same. You might be thinking tournament leaderboard points. Unless you're playing MTT exclusively, and at the higher end, you can ignore this bonus since the point calculation includes a cost variable.

3 ---- Bluffing is a skill. Done right, it is a potent weapon. Done wrong, it will bite you in the (censored).

4 ---- Bluffing becomes more effective the higher the stakes. Too many calling stations at the lowest levels.

5 ---- ROI isn't affected by your tourney finishes. If you exit first, or on the bubble, they are the same, a 100% loss of the entry fee for that game. To improve your overall ROI, you have to finish in the money enough times that your winnings exceed your costs.

Old
Mon Jan 23, 2012, 07:08 PM
(#11)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
What I'm beginning to see here is someone with a genuine desire to learn, but oh so many strange ideas
a chaotic mind is a terrible thing to waste..

Old
Mon Jan 23, 2012, 07:16 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
I think he means VPIP...

Great suggestion, though. You really should intentionally goof up your OPR results by buying into tourneys and sitting out of them just to rack up a bunch of losses.

Best advice I've ever read here at PSO.

Old
Mon Jan 23, 2012, 07:35 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
yup cause we all know you need every possible edge to beat the micros

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com