How on earth do you fold this? - Mon Jan 23, 2012, 01:44 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=D5603F8FA7

Old
Mon Jan 23, 2012, 02:49 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
Personally id be raising more pre flop, this makes it harder for someone with a hand like K3 to call or raise, but just pre flop you leave yourself open to being caught out by these hands.. after that its just how it happens sometimes..

Old
Sat Feb 04, 2012, 06:08 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
IMHO, it's really not an issue as to how high you bet preflop... It's the issue of who's at the table and what's he onto...

$27.50, late in the tourney... we're of the same stack me being on top by less than 100 chips (we're both around 30K+)

OPP was the button, EP raised, EP+1 reraised, middle flats, myself, CO re-reaissed it to 3/4 my stack, making the EP, and MP all in, and the button shoves... fold, fold fold, and I call...

boom! The button showed 8c2s... off suit!!! Flop trash, turn gives him 1 card straight draw, and river gives him it!

Now, don't tell me, he wouldn't have shoved his nuts, if I went all-in PRE??? Coz he knows that a 4-bet of 3/4 of stack commits that raiser to the pot!

He won't fold... He wants to shove. Before this he was at 3K, 3 hands and he's more than 30K...

It really is drunk driving...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austerror View Post
Personally id be raising more pre flop, this makes it harder for someone with a hand like K3 to call or raise, but just pre flop you leave yourself open to being caught out by these hands.. after that its just how it happens sometimes..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com