Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

<45 seconds PSO

Old
<45 seconds PSO - Mon Jan 23, 2012, 07:42 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
I am, starting today, going to be using a ratio of 2:1 to determine how much I play for cash.

for every 1 Open League tourney I get registerred for, I will be limiting myself to play 2 cash games.

This is my way of showing PS and PSO my displeasure. "hit em in the pocket book."

4/6 tourneys yesterday were full within 1 minute, and if PSO+PS think I sit on my ass all day just to register for their open league, they've got something coming to them.

The money depositted on here comes from 1 place, my job, which requires me to do more than sit at my puter all day waiting for PSO leagues to open.

I've had my say, toodles!

0 registerred for yesterday= 0 $$ tourneys today.

Last edited by Stakehorse75; Tue Jan 24, 2012 at 07:04 AM.. Reason: 0 registerred...

Old
Mon Jan 23, 2012, 05:40 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2011
ChromeStar
I hear ya, its frustrating, however, i usually manage to get in.

What is killing me is 6 tourneys in a row I have waited and waited and waited, then get my AA, KK QQ and NOT SHOVE but play the board, and get cracked by J2, 37, 9K or some other form of junk, and get some negative points. (like negative 150 ish over those tourneys)

Combine that with having the ability to play 2 maxx a day due to school, and by tomorrow, I will have gone from top 25, to 450th-500th in just over two weeks.

This means on the weekend I will have to:

Play every single tournament
Use the clock and my time bank and NOT play one single hand, no matter what cards I hold, nothing, nada, zilch, no hands at all unless in the BB and holding an awesome hand one vs one, but never VS two or three.
I will HAVE to place top 1500 each time, and every time.
If I fail once, I will NOT make top 500, and will not move into Premier.
Kinda crappy to know you HAVE to "play" and yet cannot even play a single hand due to donks and fish.

Regardeless of how I place, this is my last month playing the Open as it really just isnt fun at all anymore. Hubbles is better than the Open, and that is saying something.

As I write this, i just got busted in about 6300th me QQ, other Guy J5, flop J96----turn8-river --7. I shoved of course at the flop all diff suits so why not????He calls like a good donk would and voila!!! Easy double up, he would have raised preflop with KK or AA. Another negative 29.88 points is my guess, and voila, from 308th to about 410th by midnight tonight. Awesome !!!!!

It just isnt fun to play, and really, isnt it supposed to fun ???

Old
Mon Jan 23, 2012, 06:07 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Stake, I urge you to keep trying the left click space bar method

I registered tonights 1700 game and was registered in the first 40

Hover you cursor over where the register button will appear.

As soon as it appears left click your mouse.

Then immediately depress the Space Bar at least twice ( don't move the cursor )

Even with a lag of 30 seconds ( which is a hell of a lag ) you should still get in.

Old
Mon Jan 23, 2012, 06:53 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Bill, this is more than just getting registerred, this is about the fact that you use to have to have a ticket to get in, & showing interest in the league, the school & the leaderboard.

It's about the fact that they only allow 1/12 of the players in the league play any tourney.

They are catering themselves more and more to a couch potato than a person out working 9-5, which offers a player a chance to play 2 games, at 5am(if you're up!) or 9 pm more likely, but that's 1 game a day, we've had people here say time and time again it takes 2-4 a day to be competitive.

Last edited by Stakehorse75; Mon Jan 23, 2012 at 07:08 PM..

Old
Mon Jan 23, 2012, 08:38 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stakehorse75 View Post
Bill, this is more than just getting registerred, this is about the fact that you use to have to have a ticket to get in, & showing interest in the league, the school & the leaderboard.

It's about the fact that they only allow 1/12 of the players in the league play any tourney.

They are catering themselves more and more to a couch potato than a person out working 9-5, which offers a player a chance to play 2 games, at 5am(if you're up!) or 9 pm more likely, but that's 1 game a day, we've had people here say time and time again it takes 2-4 a day to be competitive.
the League is open to people all over that world and so is spread over different times. Of course someone (for what ever reason) does not work, can play more of the games.

But at the same time why suggest that you have to sit around all day to play your selected game, as you pointed out you need to sit and pay attention for 45 seconds. I have my calendar buzz me at 4.44pm and if i'm online i register for the game. when i'm inattentive (working) i miss it. Part of the "game" to get points is to pay attention and register for the league.

If i was Pokerstars management (heaven forbid) would i be agrueing for more space let me think

Flunky 1. Sir we should open up more room for PSO open games
BBB (big bad boss). Oh why is that?
F1. Well some people get frustrated when they can't get on they said they won't play the league anymore.
bbb. Holy ****** ****** (insert as required) we cant have that whats the buy in ??? how much will we lose
F1. actually sir (nervous cough) its free we pay out 30k a month in prizes but there is no buy in.
bbb. let me get this right you want me to autherise more server time so more people can play in a free tournie which already costs us 30K PER MONTH!
F1. um yes
BBB. ****** ******* ******** ******** ************** ************* no.

well something like that anyway.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 06:12 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Again, Grade b, you're not getting the point. I'm not suggesting that you have to sit around all day to get registerred for 1 tourney. I'm suggesting that this league is set up more for people that sit on their couches all day than to the players that work a 9-5 shift, that can't get buzzed at 440pm just to take time to register. The working players that deposit regularly, these players that are the 1s keeping $$ generating on their site.

Again I reiterate this isn't just about getting registerred anymore, this is about this league being more suited to shyteloads of couch potatos that have no job than to the players that are depositting players here.

Right now, if you'd like go to OPR and figure out how much I've dropped here in the last 2 years, and you'll see where I'm coming from. This $$ comes to them because I have a job, not because I'm a couch potato waiting for every freeroll.

Grade, we've had numerous players showing us it takes 2-4 games regularly to be competitive within the top 50, for someone that works 9-5 this 2-4 game level is not possible, unless you stay up 24/7, and soon you'll be digging your grave at that pace.

The fact that if everyone in the league got to play only 1 a day, there would still be a shortfall of at least 48,000 + players that won't get in. How is this fair?? Now just to make it more unfair, 3/6 tourneys happen during a 9-5 shift here, leaving 3 tourneys, 5am 9pm & 1am. 1am?? no way 5am, doable, but that means I have to get up at 4, get ready for work, register, and this now means I'll be passing out around 9:30 pm, not condusive to playing the 9pm.

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. <Either this is quite apparent or you didn't read through the whole post.

Last edited by Stakehorse75; Tue Jan 24, 2012 at 06:43 AM.. Reason: added to it.

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 06:55 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
F1. actually sir (nervous cough) its free we pay out 30k a month in prizes but there is no buy in.

Actually there is, because you need to accrue 20VPPs for them to dish out that, and if you do some research Grade, you'll find that they pay out less than 30K.

30K is a total between the 2 leagues Open and Premier, and only if you have the max VPP rate do they pay it all out. I sat here 1 month and figured that the payout was under 25K, as a lot of the players don't even have the 20VPP to get the max payout in Open league.

Grade, they put this whole new section of "Support Area" to make us feel like we're getting somewhere, but we're not. This "Support Area" is a farce, and haven't seen more than a few select topics getting actual "Support"

At least when they had the new guy"PSO Gefallener" around he was somewhat interested what was going on

Last edited by Stakehorse75; Tue Jan 24, 2012 at 07:01 AM..

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 09:20 AM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
I am, starting today, going to be using a ratio of 2:1 to determine how much I play for cash.

for every 1 Open League tourney I get registerred for, I will be limiting myself to play 2 cash games.

This is my way of showing PS and PSO my displeasure. "hit em in the pocket book."
I have a suggestion. Play no league games whatsoever. By your own admission you have little chance of securing a worthwhile prize at the end of the month. So why get so worked up about something that hasn't been designed with you in mind? If it's about getting a free game, both the Hubbles and the Depositor FR's seem a far better target.

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 09:46 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
DM, you're right, but its not about the freeroll, its about being competitive in a league where its not possible for everyone to play the same number of games. This makes it unfair.

My Stand on the subject is there, the numbers only support what I have stated. Its not possible for every player to even play 30 games, let alone be competitive. You're bright, do the math!

10,000 x 6 x 30 days=1,800,000 spots in tourneys

100,000 players x 30 games=3,000,000 spots needed for every player to play 30 tourneys.

I did the math, just for the non Math inclined players.

Last edited by Stakehorse75; Tue Jan 24, 2012 at 09:56 AM..

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 11:42 AM
(#10)
Quote:

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. <Either this is quite apparent or you didn't read through the whole post.
Actually in this case both are true, I did read the whole thing and , i guess you disagree with my interpretation of it.

When I applied for teachers collage i did some research, I liked the campuse found out about the course and placements. I then wrote a list of questions to ask at the end of my interview.
When we got to the end i opened my note book and looked down we have covered every point but one ..Well i had to show intrest and ask something so i asked ... I read that the CAr park is not big enought for the number of students registered here, what should i do if It is full when i arrive.

of course the anwser is what i expected ...

Get here earlier.... Inspite of this i did get a place on the course.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 02:04 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Apparently you weren't there learning how to make things relevant to the subject.

This is more like the college you went to, having 100,000 students but only enough teachers/ class space to teach 10,000.

So do you still go to this school, that's going to take you 10 x the time to get your degree??

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 02:43 PM
(#12)
The relivance

My tutor was telling me he intended to do nothing about the problem/and if it was a concern and i wanted to make use of the facilitys on offer I would have to change.

Sorry i didn't realise It was not clear.

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Grade b; Tue Jan 24, 2012 at 02:48 PM.. Reason: ruddy dyslexia!!!!

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 02:45 PM
(#13)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
tutor should give you your money back

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 03:04 PM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
An intresting idea.

One thing we were taught was to try analogies, another was if your student does not get the material try to present it in an other way.

I'm trying if you need after school help please let me know.

Grade b

DL teacher
Penninsula Shores Secondary School.

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 03:05 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Quote:
agreed...

Grade b, you're so far from the loop of what this post was about. I think even DM got what I was pointing out here.

The fact that if everyone in the league got to play only 1 a day, there would still be a shortfall of at least 48,000 + players that won't get in. How is this fair??

Its not possible for every player to even play 30 games, let alone be competitive. You're bright, do the math!

10,000 x 6 x 30 days=1,800,000 spots in tourneys

100,000 players x 30 games=3,000,000 spots needed for every player to play 30 tourneys

Last edited by Stakehorse75; Tue Jan 24, 2012 at 03:12 PM..

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 03:22 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
An intresting idea.

One thing we were taught was to try analogies, another was if your student does not get the material try to present it in an other way.

I'm trying if you need after school help please let me know.

Grade b

DL teacher
Penninsula Shores Secondary School.
Do you teach at a school for the blind? because your writing is almost indecipherable. As Stake said you missed his point completely and rambled on incoherently for several posts

Roomik17
President of the who gives a crap club

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 04:05 PM
(#17)
Quote:
Do you teach at a school for the blind? because your writing is almost indecipherable. As Stake said you missed his point completely and rambled on incoherently for several posts

Roomik17
President of the who gives a crap club
No it is a main steam school although i do teach in the special education department. We do have one student who is legally blind and a few who cannot read.

But the reasons my posts are unreadable to you is because I'm dyslexic.

I do try to edit my writing but the ones i write in my lunch hour at work do get less attention (can't use firefox at work so no easy fix.

If you really cant decipher my intent please let me know and i shall try again- if your just attempting to laugh at my disability, please carry on as you were.

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 04:17 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Roomik, hes a lost cause in this case, as it's quite apparent he reads only what he wants to and disregards the rest.... I'm surprised PS hasn't offered him a job sidestepping issues....lol

I'd really like to see his Teachers Certificate.

Last edited by Stakehorse75; Tue Jan 24, 2012 at 04:27 PM..

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 04:28 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
lol now play the I am handicapped person..why are you picking on me... It is all baloney, you have the same spell checker available to you that I have, if you choose not to use it thats your problem not mine. If you actually had read what Stake wrote, instead of wrapping yourself in the PSO flag this argument would have been over 10 posts ago, Stake made a valid point, that goes against I love PSO and you seemingly have a problem with it. I say seemingly because I still have no real clue what you said.

I commend you for being a teacher, we need more who are good and who care, but let me ask you this, do you send letters home to parents full of spelling and grammar mistakes like you do when you post here? I for one know that if I received a letter like that from my child's school I would be on the phone immediately.

http://www.dyslexiaonline.com/famous/famous.htm

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 04:29 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Roomik, hes a lost cause in this case, as it's quite apparent he reads only what he wants to and disregards the rest.... I'm surprised PS hasn't offered him a job sidestepping issues....lol

I'd really like to see his Teachers Certificate.
Agreed

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com