Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

1st Week SnG Progress

Old
1st Week SnG Progress - Mon Jan 23, 2012, 07:14 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
After playing mostly tournaments and cash games and the PSO open league I decided to try my luck at the SnGs and see how things work out.

Playing a few 0.25 games (45 and 90 man) and trying to find what level would suit me the best, I finally found my niche within the $1.00 45-man to work on my bankroll and decided to track my progress for my first ever week of SnGs....and here are the results:-

Played: 34 games

1st Places: 3
2nd Places: 4
3rd Places: 1
4th Places: 3
5th Places: 2
6th Places: 3
7th Places 4

In the money: 20/34 = 58.82%

Net Profit: $39.54

Pretty happy with my first week and have found a format that I really enjoy and am having fun with. I guess it helps to see my bankroll making some decent progress too :P

Due to my SnG addiction I have been neglecting the PSO Open League tournaments only playing one tournament in 4 days but i'm still placed 150th and hopefully can make the premier league without having to play the open league as much

Good luck at the tables, Cheers.

Old
Mon Jan 23, 2012, 07:42 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
very nice

Old
Mon Jan 23, 2012, 07:47 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
Yep, very nice indeed.

You should check out the Cowboy's challenge and make a run at it.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...s-Challenge%21

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 12:05 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
Great job! Keep playing strong!

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 12:12 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Hedgehog will offer a little ying and yang in honor of today being the Chinese New Year.

Ying:
Nice finding a nitch and having such success. As noted earlier, these games are right there as part of the Cowboy Challenge. Make yourself part of it.

Yang:
Suggest you eliminate 18 players if you intend playing at the $1.00 level. The 27-player game is a triple threat. 1 --- It is part of the Cowboy Challenge, which you seem to have nailed. 2 --- Do good in this competition and you'll win a Step One ticket. 3 --- The $1.00 game qualifies you for the Mercury Division in the PokerStars Battle of the Planets competition, which offers an even bigger cash payout if you're good.

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 02:29 PM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2011
Thanks everyone for your positive feedback. I will definitely look into the Cowboy Challenge and the Mercury Division also.

I am surprised at how much my game has improved and how much I have learnt over the passed few months by watching the videos offered by PSO. Unfortunately I cannot watch the live training as it does not work for me so I have to wait for the videos to post.

Cheers

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 02:39 PM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2011
My advice is play the $1.50 sit N gos 18 players and play agressive take advantage of the tight players who dont have a clue about turbos u will quickly get your chips uptoo 5k then bully the table get to about 8k 10k dont take as many risks then as by then there is probleys only about 6 people left soon as hit the cash take over table again pure agression alot of passive players cant handle it and they fold fold fold why u steal SnG Turbo agression is the awnser gl man

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com