Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Do you think he is bluffing?

Old
Do you think he is bluffing? - Mon Jan 23, 2012, 07:24 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi this is $3.50 sit and go HU turbo.
This guy has already bluffed me a few times and was happy to show it after I folded.
I had called his bluff a few times on the turn and he had checked it down afterwards.
I think he bluffed me alot of times, but I didnt have the cards to call.
I thought he was a bad player, But he did have me rattled.
His actual stats for heads up are quite good, He's up $65.00 over 500 games

Old
Mon Jan 23, 2012, 07:30 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
*** moved to appropriate forum since it's a HU tourney question and not a cash game JWK24***

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 23, 2012, 09:38 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
Hi chuky

I can't call the shove.

it's hard to call with 2nd pair.

yes maybe he's bluffing but maybe he's not.

if he was it's a good bluff

you said he was a winning player so maybe this time he's not bluffing he set this up perfectly for you to thought that he was bluffing again

we still have 1400 left so were still fine. we can still outplay our opp. if my opp loves to bet hard you just need to trap him just keep calling you don't need to raise let him do the raising for your nuts

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 08:25 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
WhiteStar
river is probably a fold to me, why lead out in the first place?

either raise preflop or check call all the way

no sense in not raising preflop but leading out a second pair

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 01:06 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Chuckkky!

I agree that as played, I'm folding the river.

With KQ, if it were me playing the hand, I'd have raised preflop, then followed it up with a c-bet on the flop. If the opp has an ace preflop, I would expect to be raised before the flop and can then muck preflop, saving chips.

By not raising preflop, I also like the check/call line.... unless the opp pushes, then I'm folding.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 06:22 PM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2010
Thanks for your advice.
I didn't raise preflop, because I didn't want to bloat the pot OOP and had done this a couple hands ago.
I couldn't see how I could call the river bet either.
What do you think of his play in this hand? Gutsy or stupid?
click on the right hand next button It will show his cards.

He got me.

Last edited by chuckkky; Tue Jan 24, 2012 at 06:29 PM.. Reason: Posted wrong hand

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com