Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Custom Notes.... Does anyone know??

Old
Custom Notes.... Does anyone know?? - Tue Jan 24, 2012, 07:05 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
Hi all,

Does anyone know if you can "rename" the customised notes (instead of it just saying Custom label 1, Custom label 2 etc.)

I know I could create a colour key but would be much easier if I could just rename within the software ( My memory is not what it used to be)

Any help would be appreciated

P.s - If it's not possible but you think it would be a good idea please reply with "AGREE" and maybe pokerstars could update this

Last edited by EnglishOak; Tue Jan 24, 2012 at 07:17 AM.. Reason: Spelling of "Memory"

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 07:31 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hi EnglishOak,

As far as I'm aware (and I could be mistaken) this function is currently not possible.

I've just spent some time looking through the pokerstars.com website and in the client itself to see if it's possible but didn't come up with anything.

You can email ideas@pokerstars.com and they'll be glad to hear your suggestion.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 07:43 AM
(#3)
Thanks Raiser, Will do that...

If anyone would like to see this feature still please reply with "AGREE" so pokerstars can see it is something we would like to see in the future

Last edited by EnglishOak; Tue Jan 24, 2012 at 07:46 AM..

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 07:48 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishOak View Post
Hi all,

Does anyone know if you can "rename" the customised notes (instead of it just saying Custom label 1, Custom label 2 etc.)

I know I could create a colour key but would be much easier if I could just rename within the software ( My memory is not what it used to be)

Any help would be appreciated

P.s - If it's not possible but you think it would be a good idea please reply with "AGREE" and maybe pokerstars could update this
I believe this is quite possible English. I have made several of these notes into regular tags..eg.
Basically I have them like this:
brown- instead of just "custom note 1" I have renamed "donkeys"
Orange " " 2 "TAG"
Blue is a "Solid" player that I have respect for.
and then a bigger note within, like> "limps with Low PPs",or "Raises with only Cat 1 hands"
etc etc etc.

try going to a ring game, but don't sit down. just right click your mouse when over a player, it will show customize your notes.From there you can change the name& colour.

Still being helpful to others, just not putting $$ in PS pockets when they ignore us.

Last edited by Stakehorse75; Tue Jan 24, 2012 at 07:53 AM..

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 07:53 AM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Ignore him Oak

Double click on the players avatar. Then click on the square (uncoloured if you've never previously assigned a category for that player) that appears in the chat box. At the bottom of the pop up that appears click on "Edit Player Note Labels" and then type away until your hearts content.

Mods. Pah

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 07:54 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
Ignore him Oak

Double click on the players avatar. Then click on the square (uncoloured if you've never previously assigned a category for that player) that appears in the chat box. At the bottom of the pop up that appears click on "Edit Player Note Labels" and then type away until your hearts content.

Mods. Pah
LMAO Dm.. +100

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 07:57 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Darkman's spot on!

Good job!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 08:06 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Darkman's spot on!

Good job!

Raiser
So nice to be overloooked.

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 08:12 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stakehorse75 View Post
So nice to be overloooked.
Excuse me sir,

I was in no way overlooked.

I replied to a members query and if you check my post you will see that I stated that I might be mistaken.

Darkman61 had the courtesy to reply to the query with the correct response of which I'm grateful for and I thank you Darkman.

Moderators like myself are here to assist PSO users to the best of our ability. I will always try to take some time out of my own personal life to help other PSO members out because it is a great community here. I do not always get things right and if I make a mistake I will be the first to admit it.

Stakehorse, this is all I have to say on this, thank you sir.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 08:19 AM
(#10)
Since: Aug 2010
I know I've stated this a couple of times so far and will do so again.

Someone needs to make a sticky for the new members section that details the ins and outs of the PSO site and the Pokerstars client so that it'll be there for any member to reference.

I would do this and would still be willing but I don't have much appreciation for my composition skills when it comes to writing something such as a guide.

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 09:04 AM
(#11)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Excuse me sir,

I think Stake was suggesting that he had been the one that was overlooked. But I may be mistaken

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 09:10 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Excuse me sir,

I replied to a members query and if you check my post you will see that I stated that I might be mistaken.

Darkman61 had the courtesy to reply to the query with the correct response of which I'm grateful for and I thank you Darkman.

Moderators like myself are here to assist PSO users to the best of our ability. I will always try to take some time out of my own personal life to help other PSO members out because it is a great community here. I do not always get things right and if I make a mistake I will be the first to admit it.

Stakehorse, this is all I have to say on this, thank you sir.

Raiser

Not you RR, me.... read my 1st post????above DMs

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 09:11 AM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
I think Stake was suggesting that he had been the one that was overlooked. But I may be mistaken
yes I was, and ty for clarifying...lol Its nice to be noticed...lol

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 09:23 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stakehorse75 View Post
yes I was, and ty for clarifying...lol Its nice to be noticed...lol
Ahhhhh, I see, OK reading it that way then I apologise to Stakehorse for my rant

The important thing here is that EnglishOak got the answer to his query and I thank you both for taking the time to help him out.

Cheers guys!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 09:28 AM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Ahhhhh, I see, OK reading it that way then I apologise to Stakehorse for my rant

The important thing here is that EnglishOak got the answer to his query and I thank you both for taking the time to help him out.

Cheers guys!

Raiser
+1 it is about getting English his answer

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 09:33 AM
(#16)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
how could you guys overlook RR?

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 09:33 AM
(#17)
Thank you all, I got it now, much appreciated

I have also requested that it is possible to search for such players in the "Find a Player" category maybe under "search for my blue noted players" "search for my yellow noted players" or similar ... and also that when I'm in an MTT lobby that I am able to filter all the players I have notes on that are playing in that tourney.

Again I don't know if this is currently possible but again your valued advise would be appreciated.

or just say "AGREE" if you too would like to see this feature

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 10:11 AM
(#18)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
I know I've stated this a couple of times so far and will do so again.

Someone needs to make a sticky for the new members section that details the ins and outs of the PSO site and the Pokerstars client so that it'll be there for any member to reference.

I would do this and would still be willing but I don't have much appreciation for my composition skills when it comes to writing something such as a guide.

Hey there J,
I've put one together in the New Members forum. Did you overlook it?
It's called Tips for Getting Started. You can find it here.

I've said in the thread that if members wish to add anything that helps to navigate PokerStars or PokerSchoolOnline, then they may do so. Please read the info on what will be allowed in the thread at the bottom of the first post.
I will probably consolidate the kudos posts too today to help clean it up and keep the thread as short and easy to get through as possible.

In the thread, it mostly covers the PSO site, but there is a link to take the virtual tour of PokerStars to help newbies understand everything. There's also a few other pieces of info on the PokerStars site.
I will add a post on notes and coloring as this issue comes up from time to time. If you or anyone wishes to do it, that is fine. If I don't see it done today, then I will post it this evening.
Thanks everyone.

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 10:12 AM
(#19)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishOak View Post
Thank you all, I got it now, much appreciated

I have also requested that it is possible to search for such players in the "Find a Player" category maybe under "search for my blue noted players" "search for my yellow noted players" or similar ... and also that when I'm in an MTT lobby that I am able to filter all the players I have notes on that are playing in that tourney.

Again I don't know if this is currently possible but again your valued advise would be appreciated.

or just say "AGREE" if you too would like to see this feature
This would be a good suggestion to send to ideas@pokerstars.com as they like to get suggestions to help everyone enjoy the site.

Old
Wed Jan 25, 2012, 04:17 AM
(#20)
Since: Dec 2010

Last edited by chuckkky; Wed Feb 08, 2012 at 09:07 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com