Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NLHE 6Max $0.01/$0.02 KK x 2

Old
NLHE 6Max $0.01/$0.02 KK x 2 - Tue Jan 24, 2012, 10:35 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
First hand short stacked opponent chases to the river.

- should I have been more aggressive on earlier streets or was my bet-sizing OK?

Second hand I probably get behind on the ace high flop to the same opponent who loves his Ax - but he bets oddly, and on the turn I am on a very strong draw that gets there.
- sweet revenge - but could I have taken a better line?

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 11:30 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hi Edin,

in hand 1 I can imagine choosing between a variety of lines and sizings depending on the opponent's tendencies. Due to his short stacksize I would not plan to fold an overpair anywhere postflop and vary between betting two streets for value to get him all-in. If you expect your opponent to be rather aggro and bluffy you could just call flop to encourage a move and still stack him on the remaining streets. Once you raise the flop and he calls I think you can just put him all-in and expect a call very often especially with all the draws out there.

In hand 2 I would fold the turn - this is way too close for a call imo. He is overbetting insanely big and this offers you both bad pot and implied odds. You will need to win at least another $0.80 on the river to make your call on the turn profitable. The problem is however if he does have a small flush or Ace/Two Pair/Set and you river a flush he might just check and fold. The even holds some reverse implied odds for your hand since he can make a fullhouse with it.

- Felix

Live Trainer

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 01:36 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2010
Thanks Felix,

Great to have you giving feedback on the 6MaxNLHE - especially as it is from following your training sessions I am playing this format now.

The first hand, I am never folding against his stack size, irrespective of the board. Don't quite know how I failed to get him all in on the turn, left him a few cents in error.

Second hand I had seen him show down Ax about 6 times in 4 orbits, and A2 was certainly in his range but seemed least likely. A6 was no surprise. My call on the turn I now see was a potentially expensive one, I'll try to avoid that. I still make a lot of mistakes, and that is typical, probably because I really wanted to take the guy out for a bit of retribution. Maybe not smart poker but still a part of the game. When I hit the nut flush I was 95% sure I had the best hand and 99% sure he would call an all-in with just an ace, let alone two pairs. So luckily it paid off.

Gotta think smarter though.

Good luck all

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com