Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

why do idiots converge on my tables?

Old
why do idiots converge on my tables? - Tue Jan 24, 2012, 01:23 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
27 man SnG, I shove for just over 10BB, guy calls with J6 off. So he was a 55 BB stack, that's just a dumb call. 3rd hand I played.... Of course he hits the jack...

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 01:51 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Ov3rsight!

A player with that large of a stack in a s&g is normally going to be from a calling station that got lucky. The way I attack those types of players is to wait until I have a made hand and then value bet them to death.
Shoving into them, even at 10BB is going to turn the game into bingo and I would want to do whatever I could to avoid it. I'll even wait until I'm down to 4-5BB to shove in this type of case, to be sure that I have a made hand.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com