Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Can anyone check if I played it well?

Old
Can anyone check if I played it well? - Wed Jan 25, 2012, 01:31 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
The only reads I have is that this guy always buys for about 50bb so maybe he is playing the short stack game. aka wait for a good or premium and push.

I believe pre flop and post flop are fine ey

Etienne

Old
Wed Jan 25, 2012, 03:02 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by etipac View Post
The only reads I have is that this guy always buys for about 50bb so maybe he is playing the short stack game. aka wait for a good or premium and push.

I believe pre flop and post flop are fine ey

Etienne
Hi Etienne,

I think you played this one fine.

Pre flop, MP AJs is a decent hand to raise up.
Had this guy jammed pre flop, it would have been a dice-y call given the info you have, but you did not face that.

The SPR vs the effective stack that called you was quite low (around 3), so when you flop a strong draw it is in your interests to work to get the chips in, before your draw starts to shrink in value. Your actions on the flop did that nicely.

When you spike the A on the turn, yeah you could be beaten, but the fact the villain called your flop action means he probably has a pp and not a bigger Ace, or he would likely have shoved the flop given your info.
He did have a pp, and your A held.

All in all, this was quite a well played hand in my opinion Etienne!

Good job, hope it helps.

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JDean; Wed Jan 25, 2012 at 03:05 PM..

Old
Wed Jan 25, 2012, 04:19 PM
(#3)
Thanks for the reply!

Etienne

Old
Wed Jan 25, 2012, 04:48 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post
Hi Etienne,

I think you played this one fine.

Pre flop, MP AJs is a decent hand to raise up.
Had this guy jammed pre flop, it would have been a dice-y call given the info you have, but you did not face that.

The SPR vs the effective stack that called you was quite low (around 3), so when you flop a strong draw it is in your interests to work to get the chips in, before your draw starts to shrink in value. Your actions on the flop did that nicely.

When you spike the A on the turn, yeah you could be beaten, but the fact the villain called your flop action means he probably has a pp and not a bigger Ace, or he would likely have shoved the flop given your info.
He did have a pp, and your A held.

All in all, this was quite a well played hand in my opinion Etienne!

Good job, hope it helps.

-JDean
IS Etienne in MP or is he in EP. I usually use blinds the 3 for EP then 2 Mp and 2LP for a 9 handed table.

Have to say I like the play too and was going to say i use the 4x in Early and 3X in Middle.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 25, 2012, 04:58 PM
(#5)
I prefer to use a 4x blinds as a raise for everything like that I am always standard and people don t have solid read on my raises.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com