Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

The cat is back!!!

Old
The cat is back!!! - Wed Jan 25, 2012, 09:36 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2007
Howdy Folks,

As you will notice from the lack of advertising in my post, I have been freed from the restraints of being a moderator. Well, lets say, I just got my resignation in, before the bullet was fired.

As those of you whom I speak privately with already know, I have been highly frustrated with the role and I have been considering resigning for some time. I do not have to explicitly state here what the issues were, as most of you that are long term members already have a good inkling of what they are anyway, but I thought naively that I could drive change from within, not just for the betterment of the community and PSO but PokerStars as well.

I took up the position because I believed I had something to offer, the small monetary compensation was really meaningless to me (as Moxie pointed out a few times, I have a very comfortable life) I would gladly have done it for nothing. What was especially gratifying was the number of people that told me the good job that I was doing and that really humbled me.

I have had the good fortune to work for many companies, from small start ups that became hugely successful to giant multinationals. I always had respect for all people whether it was the CEO or the cleaning lady, but either could lose that respect and the respect had to be mutual and not demanded. If something was not being managed or run in the correct way, I always made my opinion heard and although maybe everyone did not always agree with my opinion, it was always listened to and respected and in the majority of occasions implemented, because anyone that knew me, knew that I was doing the best for the organizations that I was part of.

It is unfortunate that some people mix/confuse respect with blind submission, and blind submission only creates robots who leave their hearts and minds at the company gate. If you are not free to express your opinion and critique what you believe to be wrong, then in effect you are surrendering your right to be a free human being, and I for one will never give that up.

Cheers,

TC

Last edited by topthecat; Wed Jan 25, 2012 at 09:47 PM..

Old
Wed Jan 25, 2012, 09:42 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
+ 1 mirrion congrats topper, I wish you great success as one of us plebes again!

Old
Wed Jan 25, 2012, 09:50 PM
(#3)
hi top welcome back

sorry to hear about the frustrations but have to admit that it's easy to imagine

I took the liberty to translate your post so to be more easily readable by some of our literately declined members

HOWDY FOLKS
AS U WIL NOTIEC FROM DA LAK OF ADV3RTISNG IN MAH POST I HAEV BAN FRED FROM DA RESTRANETS OF BNG A MOD3RA2R!!1111!11 OMG WTF W3L L3TS SAY I JUST GOT MAH R3SIGNATION IN BFORA DA BUL3T WAS FIERD!111!1 WTF LOL
AS THOSE OF U WHOM I SPEAK PRIVAETLEY WIT ALR3ADY KNOW I HAEV B3N HIGHLEY FRUSTRAETD WIT TEH ROL3 AND I HAEV BEN CONSIEDRNG R3SIGNNG FOR SOME TIEM!!!11!1 OMG WTF I DO NOT HAEV 2 EXPLICITLEY STAET HARE WT ISUES W3RE AS MOST OF U TAHT R LONG TARM MEMBRS ALRAADY HAEV A GOD INKLNG OF WT R ANYWAY BUT I THOUGHT NAVEALEY TAHT I CUD DRIEV CHANGE FROM WITHIN NOT JUST FOR DA BTERM3NT OF TEH COMUNITY AND PSO BUT POKERSTARS AS WEL
I!1!!11!!1 WTF LOL 2K UP DA POSITION B/C I BLEIV3D I HAD SOMATHNG 2 OFAR TEH SMAL MONETARY COMPENSATION WAS RILLY M3ANNGLES 2 ME (AS MOXEI POINTED OUT A FEW TIEMS I HAEV A V3RY COMFORTABLE LIEF) I WUD GLADLEY HAEV DONE IT FOR NOTHNG!11111! WTF LOL WUT WAS ASP3CIALY GRATIFYNG WAS TEH NUMBR OF PEOPLE TAHT 2LD MA DA GOD JOB TAHT I WAS DONG AND TAHT RILLY HUMBLED ME!1!!!11!! OMG
I HAEV HAD TEH GOD FORTUN3 2 WORK FOR MANY COMPANEIS FROM SMAL START UPS TAHT BCME HUGALEY SUCESFUL 2 GIANT MULTINATIONALS!111! OMG I ALWAYS HAD R3SPACT FOR AL PEOPLE WHATH3R IT WAS DA CEO OR TEH CLEANNG LADY BUT EITHAR CUD LOSA TAHT R3SPACT AND DA R3SPACT HAD 2 B MUTUAL AND NOT D3MANDAD!!1!11 IF SOMETHNG WAS NOT BNG MANAEGD OR RUN IN DA CORACT WAY I ALWAYS MAED MAH OPINION HEARD AND ALTHOUGH MAYB 3V3RYON3 DID NOT ALWAYS AGRE WIT MAH OPINION IT WAS ALWAYS LISTANAD 2 AND R3SP3CTED AND IN TEH MAJORITY OF OCASIONS IMPL3MANT3D B/C ANYONA TAHT KNAW MA KNEW TAHT I WAS DONG TEH BST FOR TEH ORGANIZATIONS TAHT I WAS PART OF!!!11 WTF LOL
IT SI UNFORTUNAET TAHT SOME P3OPLE MIX RESPACT WIT BLIND SUBMISION AND BLIND SUBMISION ONLEY CREAETS ROBOTS WHO L3AEV THEYRE HEARTS AND MINDS AT TEH COMPANY GAET!111!11! OMG WTF LOL IF U R NOT FRE 2 EXPRES U OPINION AND CRITIQUE WUT U BLEIV3 2 B WRONG THAN IN EF3CT U R SUR3NDERNG UR RIGHT 2 B A FRE HUMAN BNG AND I FOR ONA WIL NEVER GIEV TAHT UP
CHERS
TC
!1!!! OMG WTF

Old
Wed Jan 25, 2012, 09:51 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
Wut up Tony.

OMG WTF Joker.

Old
Wed Jan 25, 2012, 09:51 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
no comment looooool

Old
Thu Jan 26, 2012, 04:29 AM
(#6)
Wooo Hooo,back in the gutter with the de-gens. Love it,grats Topper.

Well I don't know that i said you have a 'comfortable" life so much as I was way envious of the biz trip (wink,wink,nudge,nudge...) to the Med a few months back. Plus being the Mac-daddy,A number one hepcat in Bedrock the rest of the year.

(Kinda over the biz trip envy,that wascally wabbitgirl actually LIVES in the Med...really hate HER azz now...)

And joker in the future could you please post in a manner that can be read by us poor non near Mensa types. Thank you.

Old
Thu Jan 26, 2012, 04:42 AM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
nothing but respect for you

you will always be tops in my book,

dam...there go'es my in...........hiccup

cheer's

Old
Thu Jan 26, 2012, 05:29 AM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2011
Hi Topper...

What the effer said... hiccup...

Would also like to add...

IMHO, U were a very REASONABLE Mod.... and always came across as GENUINE in ur Posts.

Ty 4 doin this "job"... to the very best of ur abilities...

Resignation Accepted...

Welcome back!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVS3WNt7yRU

Last edited by EasyChips4U; Thu Jan 26, 2012 at 06:45 AM.. Reason: Add on

Old
Thu Jan 26, 2012, 07:19 AM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Wooo Hooo,back in the gutter with the de-gens. Love it,grats Topper.

Well I don't know that i said you have a 'comfortable" life so much as I was way envious of the biz trip (wink,wink,nudge,nudge...) to the Med a few months back. Plus being the Mac-daddy,A number one hepcat in Bedrock the rest of the year.

(Kinda over the biz trip envy,that wascally wabbitgirl actually LIVES in the Med...really hate HER azz now...)

And joker in the future could you please post in a manner that can be read by us poor non near Mensa types. Thank you.
It was a translation of Top's post for our english impaired members.

Old
Thu Jan 26, 2012, 07:56 AM
(#10)
Since: Feb 2011
A for effort top! Thanks for keepin it real! peace!
MT

Old
Thu Jan 26, 2012, 08:40 AM
(#11)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Welcome back Top.

Old
Thu Jan 26, 2012, 11:21 AM
(#12)
Since: Dec 2010
At least u gave it a shot and tried Top m8

Look forward to seeing u in the DT this Friday m8 B

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com