Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Inside Track of a Deep Stack

Old
Inside Track of a Deep Stack - Thu Jan 26, 2012, 12:56 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
A friend of mine asked me how I would approach a Deep Stack tournament and what would my strategy be. Initially I told him that I've little experience of the subject but the question burned away at the back of my mind for ages.

Initially I figured that I would approach it the same as any other Multi Table Tournament. Eventually I got around to doing a little research on the subject and that the end result was that I decided to put together a blog with a few pointers to Deep Stack play.

I'd love other PSO users to have a look and comment on whether they agree with me or not. I'm especially interested to hear from any members who have a lot of Deep Stack tournament experience to share those experiences with us.

You can find the blog by clicking HERE

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 20, 2012, 02:52 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
Hey guys,

I tried some of the deepstacked tournaments, but didn't run well. I played 3 of them, and lasted 3-4 hours, but kept getting short of the money. I noticed everybody at my table was.playing very tight (except for 1 or 2 loose passive stations). I kept losing flips, which I did try to avoid, but you can't get away from QQ vs AK.

Too bad these tournaments dont run too often, and the buy ins are 11$ and up. I love these deep stacked tournaments, and I'm also looking forward to playing 1 of the WCOOP events (through satellites).

I agree with playing a LAG style, which I also use for deep stacked (250 BBs) 6max cash games.

Tom

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com