Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

My 2 cents = great fun ALL DAY

Old
My 2 cents = great fun ALL DAY - Thu Jan 26, 2012, 06:38 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
I play for fun ,and i try hard to kill the variance beast, my conclusion so far is you need big sample of same type tournaments in order to justify if you run always bad

I decide to play at least 1k tournaments of 2-10c / there are fast and ugly ,but at least there are
times things going good enough

My main concern right now is to start thinking about relation of stacks and pot ,avoiding some
situations for minbets because i know i cant play good enough yet

This game was a GOOD RUN for my current standards / Feel free to comment,flame it @ will

Old
Thu Jan 26, 2012, 06:52 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi biodomeGr,

I like you play for fun. Of course i have far more fun when I'm winning. This site has help me realize that winning at this low buy-in games over a long period is far more satisfying than binking second in the big 2.20 (then frittering the prize money away due to bad bankroll management)

I presume you are not looking for comments on all of the hands but you were asking about stack to pot ratio's.

One of the trainers here has a lot of great videos in the archives for all levels of play.
these two will interest you i think.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...-Ratios-Part-1

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...-Ratios-Part-2

If you are playing lots of games at the same level you may want to check the cowboys challange out.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...oy-s-Challenge!

Hope these help

Grade b

PS just finished the hands .

Hand 40 - how close to the bubble are you? you have just under 1 BB and its folded to you in late position, You have 97s you should shoved it in there having got this low in chips.

Overall i like the why you played the early and middle stages. I notice as the blinds move up you do not increase your aggression (I notice I don't in my games too sometimes, but I'm actively working on it.) . You should be using position and a tight image (if opponents are paying attention) to steal some chips and force people to a decision for their tournament.

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Grade b; Thu Jan 26, 2012 at 07:06 PM.. Reason: Added comment about tourniment

Old
that was fast :) - Thu Jan 26, 2012, 07:03 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2011
That was fast , i came with a simple idea how someone using forum/blogs of PSO can
gain a lot not only knowledge but also a small but very important thing :

Exposing myself i try to make me more responsible , when you have audience knowing what is right and wrong you cant act always for fun , you have a motive to be more serious

Some days now i write my blog daily keeping track of mini-stakes adventure i started

@ Grade b

Elias.C

Old
Thu Jan 26, 2012, 07:11 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
no worries just logged on and your was top of new post page!!

Great idea about knowing people are looking over your shoulder. It helps me when i Know people are railing my table or better when I'm playing at the table of a player i know and respect.

I try to image as i play What would M.Bisland say if i make this play, or will Sandtrap777 laugh himself silly if i play this (insert silly card combo here), in this spot.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com