Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Triple up in 1st hand of turbo 9man STT, now what?

Old
Triple up in 1st hand of turbo 9man STT, now what? - Fri Jan 27, 2012, 05:17 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
This doesn't happen often of course because I'm playing standard tight early strategy.

This is the first or second hand - what should I do from now on, small ball/LAG?

Old
Fri Jan 27, 2012, 05:21 PM
(#2)
I meant 1st level, it was one of the first few hands though.

Old
Fri Jan 27, 2012, 05:28 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Jamster,

nice hand, if its me in this spot, I will stick with my plan of Tight in the first 3 levels and looking to steal when blinds turn 50/100.

Its nice to have the chips but you won then by playing tight, so good time to stick to that and take notes as to who you can steal some more from in the later stages.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 27, 2012, 07:21 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
Its nice to have the chips but you won then by playing tight, so good time to stick to that and take notes as to who you can steal some more from in the later stages.
Hey Jamster and grade b!

I agree totally. When I'm lucky enough to get a hand like this early, I'll play tighter and take few chances... all the while studying my opponents to see which ones I could take advantage of later in the tourney. I earned all those chips and I would not want to be giving them back by playing looser than I normally should.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 27, 2012, 09:25 PM
(#5)
Right, that makes sense, it's never happened before, best I've had is slightly over double and didn't change, so wondered if 3x starting chips made a difference.

Old
Fri Jan 27, 2012, 09:46 PM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2010
ChromeStar
once you get some reads on the op ,i think you can small ball a bit when you get the right opportunities ,but generally still tight( this from a looser player)

gl y all

Last edited by wetmoose 613; Fri Jan 27, 2012 at 09:47 PM.. Reason: error

Old
Fri Feb 03, 2012, 05:46 PM
(#7)
Yes, I tripled up recently in a SnG and if anything I play tighter because often 4500 chips is enough to get to the top 3 or 4 and have a good chance of winning.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com