Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

The Green Velvet Field

Old
The Green Velvet Field - Sun Jan 29, 2012, 09:56 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
Once again I stood there on that velvety green field and could not help but question my own sanity. This quest was but madness. Surely I too must be mad. A single trickle of sweat laced down my spine and my skin prickled as I looked to my left and right. Nine hundred and ninety –nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety-nine lost souls of all size, shape, color and nationality waited on the line. As I stood in their midst, and the smell of their excitement and fear assailed me, I could see the gleam of madness in their wide eyes too. Once again the Kings had opened the doors to both prison and asylum for their own perverted pleasure. Oh yes, this race would be run! The Prize? Not but a moment of personal pride and a few coppery coins. For in a few hours this whole cluster **** of a competition would repeat itself and the winner’s name would then be forgotten forever; as lost as their sanity.

All but one would die. We shall soon lay there littering that green field clutching our wounds while screaming curses at out slayers; curses that would fall upon deaf ears or, at best, be answered with howling cackles that would mock us to the end of our time. We would ignore these screams of others knowing that soon it would be me even as they turned our skin cold. We would prey upon the weak and wounded with maniacal glee. Ignoring their foolish and desperate pleas we would strip them of their meager wealth and laugh in their stupid, idiotic faces, only to turn and fall victim to the same.

It has begun and I duck and cover as hundreds fall within seconds. I lay low on my belly and crawl protectively past their bodies as they mount. Moments later there are thousands; the stench of defeat and death sublime on their corpses. I turn my head away in disgust and fear knowing all too well their fate and what lies ahead. It has begun and there is no turning back from this impossible task now. I look up to see Russians and Romanian, Afghanis, Brazilians and Spaniards fat and sweaty from their greedy and gluttonous feasts. How I loathe and envy them! My insanity now is a living thing; my companion and bed fellow and we shall march on together toward certain death and a smoky dream. All for the pleasure of the Kings, a bit of pride, points and a few shiny copper coins.

Old
Sun Jan 29, 2012, 12:30 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Great post A_Fuffufnick

Good decisions,

Joe

Old
Sun Jan 29, 2012, 12:33 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
BronzeStar
nice post rick lmao

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com