Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

too many players in tournys?

Old
too many players in tournys? - Mon Jan 30, 2012, 10:04 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
i was just throwing out this question to see what other players opinions are about the size of the tounaments. Should tournaments be capped out at a certain size? Are there too many players registering in smaller buy ins making it a bit too difficult to actually place due to the large amount of players and little time and chip starting amount? Is the late registration also making it too difficult? Just wondering what others peoples thoughts are on this

Old
Mon Jan 30, 2012, 10:14 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
*** Moved ***

Hi Aga,

Great question!

I moved it into here as it's a great question for the Tournament Section and will get a better response here.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 30, 2012, 10:39 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by aga32_x View Post
i was just throwing out this question to see what other players opinions are about the size of the tounaments. Should tournaments be capped out at a certain size? Are there too many players registering in smaller buy ins making it a bit too difficult to actually place due to the large amount of players and little time and chip starting amount? Is the late registration also making it too difficult? Just wondering what others peoples thoughts are on this
absolutely correct,variance is hugely increased by bigger fields of players.

Old
Mon Jan 30, 2012, 01:19 PM
(#4)
Good question! Personally, I like the high number of players in mtts. It means more money in the prize pool for that golden day when you actually get to the final table. If you don't like playing against 20K entrants, then you can always play multitable sngs. No late entries, a fixed number of players and they start up all the time. To each his own

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Jan 30, 2012, 01:27 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
my take on it is more players = more fish

but it is a personal thing
some people don't play as well against a large field therefore the previous comment of SNG's would be better for them

i just wished stars would make more 360man and 990 man SNG's with higher buy ins than $0.02 or whatever

Old
Tue Jan 31, 2012, 04:43 AM
(#6)
thanx for moving it to the proper section, sorry i didnt intially place it here, since i am a new member in the forums and am just getting familiar with where things should be going i see that some people have the same opinion on some of the above questions, and i also liked the larger SNG recommendation i dont know how we would be able to achieve that though, any thoughts guys???

Old
Tue Jan 31, 2012, 06:55 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
Pokerstars won't be lowering their micro buyins fields any time soon - that would just cost them so much money. There are still other options out there though, ie Set Multitable Sngs and timed tournies.

Old
BIg Fields=Big Prizes - Tue Jan 31, 2012, 09:24 AM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2011
I love the big fields, it was already pinted out that big fields equal a bigger payday at the end and also = more fish. if u play a style where u try to avoid getting allin preflop even with high pocket pairs then u can out play the donks and then they just hand you their chips when u hit a big flop. there have been several tournys i have played in where i have been fortunate to have a soft table and so have bult my stack up to 100k or more without ever really having to risk my tourny life, y would you want to change this?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com