Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL A,K (TPTK) facing raise n 3bet shove on co-ordinated board

Old
10NL A,K (TPTK) facing raise n 3bet shove on co-ordinated board - Wed Feb 01, 2012, 01:17 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi! guys, No solid reads on the original raiser but about 20 hands in appears to be playing TAGish style. The opp on BTN has been playing very loose, limp calling raises with Ace rag etc. so he could have anything but most likely we are ahead of his range.

In hindsight I made a mistake pre-flop by flat calling, I should have isolated the original raiser and tried to play 2 way pot. But as I didn't have any reads on the original raiser I tried to keep the pot small.

Can we gamble (atleast one of them has us beat on this flop) with a re-draw to nut straight but again which might not be good if another heart comes on the board as one of them could easily be on flush draw. Or given the action so far is it easy fold?

Cheers.

Old
Wed Feb 01, 2012, 09:32 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadeyz View Post
Hi! guys, No solid reads on the original raiser but about 20 hands in appears to be playing TAGish style. The opp on BTN has been playing very loose, limp calling raises with Ace rag etc. so he could have anything but most likely we are ahead of his range.

In hindsight I made a mistake pre-flop by flat calling, I should have isolated the original raiser and tried to play 2 way pot. But as I didn't have any reads on the original raiser I tried to keep the pot small.

Can we gamble (atleast one of them has us beat on this flop) with a re-draw to nut straight but again which might not be good if another heart comes on the board as one of them could easily be on flush draw. Or given the action so far is it easy fold?

Cheers.
Hi Dedeyez.

With an SPR going to the flop of a bit over 8, a fold here of tptk is fine. This depth of money really does not favor stacking off on any 1 pair hand this deep, and especially not on a pretty coordinated board right in the playing zone for most people in a multi way pot.

As for raising, I agree with you that I think I would prefer to do so. Of course that would really depend upon how loose my table is behind me in terms of calling raises and re-raises from EP (the more likely they are to do so, the less I like raising pre). If the table is aggro I'm not as worried 3betting AK since I can either get all in pre or fold to a 4bet, depending on the range of a 4bettor, but a ton of loose callers means I'd rather flat the raise, than increase my investment with a 3bet that will get called by mouth breathers.

As for going on the strength of our draw, no I do not think the stack risk would be justified. We may only have 3 live Q's as outs anyway (Qh could make a flush), and even if we do make the nut hand, we could only be playing for a chop with ANY A. Our draw here is really VERY weak.

Had you felt that both of these opponents left were loose Dedeyez, then your top/top may be the best hand, but with even a minimal info read of 'TAG" on the UTG raiser, this one jsut feels too expensive to keep going in my opinion.

Hope it helps.

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JDean; Wed Feb 01, 2012 at 09:47 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com