Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Flop Quads now what!!

Old
Flop Quads now what!! - Wed Feb 01, 2012, 05:05 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
New to the table maybe 12 hands in, Rody does seem to bet when in a pot but again bare in mind how limited that read is

How do i get the max here?

It doesnt show but Rody bets 19cents

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 01, 2012, 06:30 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
wait then call, set up a trap,

thats all l see, pushing back may tell him you have a hand,

that's my thinking

Old
Wed Feb 01, 2012, 06:36 PM
(#3)
ty Effsea,

When do you spring the trap on turn or on the river?

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 01, 2012, 07:08 PM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2010
When ever he bets call - slowly like its a hard decision - and raise on the river - And Boom !!!
Hope he does'nt hit Quad Q's lol.

Old
Wed Feb 01, 2012, 07:08 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi! Grade b, nice flop.

We wanna keep the opp in the pot as long as possible. You have absolute nuts here so if you raise on the flop or the turn, the opp might call but there is a possibility he might fold which we don't want. The opp is leading into you on the flop for slightly more than half pot, personally I would flat call and let him continue with his aggression. If the opp continues with his betting I'm only raising him on the river once he has committed as much chips to the pot as possible.

Nice hand

cheers.

Old
Wed Feb 01, 2012, 07:16 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
yep,

dead and b said it all

cheers

Last edited by effsea; Wed Feb 01, 2012 at 07:18 PM..

Old
Wed Feb 01, 2012, 08:16 PM
(#7)
ty Guys,

This guy keep pushing and i kept calling him he didnt call my raise on the river, but still handed me 2 bucks.

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 01, 2012, 09:59 PM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
New to the table maybe 12 hands in, Rody does seem to bet when in a pot but again bare in mind how limited that read is

How do i get the max here?

It doesnt show but Rody bets 19cents
Hi grade B.

Flat. Flat. Flat.

Let him barrel again if he is going to. Flat that if he does, and wait until the river to raise.

If he doesn't barrel, lead turn in whatever manner would fit your pattern to express "weakness". If you haven't yet shown down a weak line to this opp, then select whatever action that you intend to use on your weak leads in the future. This way if he does call, you will make your future weak actions appear "strong".

Pray he calls. If he doesn't, he probably didn't have enough to really be leading into you in the first place.

There really is no sense in letting a street of potential value go versus an opp you have zero info on, since you have no clue yet if he will lead on draws that might "catch up" to a 2nd best hand. He also has minimal info on you, so he has no clue what YOU may lead on; make him decide for a price and the "mistake" he can make will tend to at least cost him some money.

Hope it helps.

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 07:35 AM
(#9)
Since: Nov 2011
Flat call the flop...
Flat call the turn...
Raise the river, the depends on the holding you think he has... if it is someone who doesn't bluff he might have something good enough to call a raise.. Though an A on the turn or river might freeze the action... If he keeps betting with that too I would shove on the river...

Though I would check behind him if he checks the turn..... and river surprise :-)

Etienne

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 01:12 PM
(#10)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by etipac View Post
Flat call the flop...

Though I would check behind him if he checks the turn..... and river surprise :-)

Etienne
The only issue I have with this Etienne, is that you lose a street of value where the villain might make a "mistake".

I do agree your hand is plenty strong enough to check behind on the turn (if the villain checks), but if you are more aggro on later hands in this spot, especially as a bluff (the only way a bluff would "work" is to bet), there is a chance the opp's will be able to read a lack of strength in your bet.

So for my best interests in later hands, I think I'd prefer to keep with a more consistent action pattern with this monster hand, just so they may make later mistakes against me.

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com