Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Whats going on???

Old
Whats going on??? - Thu Feb 02, 2012, 11:44 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
BronzeStar
There appears to be a lot of peoples games freezing for a few minutes and generally running slowly.
That and theres certain games types missing from the lobby

Anyone know whats going on????

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 11:51 AM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
I couldn't unregister for a tourney a littlw while ago.
They had a server restart today prob summit to do with that

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 12:04 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
For all those who have messaged me Ive just been informed on twitter by the pokerstars page that they are having server issues and thus there are some problems with some game

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 12:14 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2010
Half way through a 90 man knockout and gone average stack. Wonder what happens there

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 12:34 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hi Guys,

Pokerstars announced that they have a Server Reset scheduled for today.

Some games may be paused for a period during this time. Please be patient until normal service is resumed.

If you have further queries you could contact support@pokerstars.com.

Thanks guys.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 12:36 PM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2011
Has anyone else not got their poker school credit. My email said they weer having problems

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 12:45 PM
(#7)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sable60 View Post
Has anyone else not got their poker school credit. My email said they weer having problems
You mean the facebook app thing? I finished that in november and still haven't recieved anything. ....

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 12:54 PM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2010
same thing happens to my 10 cents and 25 cents

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 01:12 PM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2011
ChromeStar
All SNG games are frozen. If you were at a table when the freeze occured just over 1 hour ago, I will assume that you will start at same position when the fix is done.

However, it still shows me as logged in even though I have turned off computer and am at another one an hour later.

Frustrating as heck I tell ya !!!!

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 01:53 PM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
If you believe the railbirds at the milenium hands, the SNG games crash every time PokerStars has this promotion. Don't think it is true since the promotion has run several days and the SNG games ran fine. I do remember seeing something posted prior to my last game yesterday that the site anticipated no problems while attending to "maintenance issues for the servers handling SNG games."

Speaking of the milenium hand railbirds, has anyone noticed how much they can say without getting their proverbial mouths washed with soap?

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 02:02 PM
(#11)
Hm. PS tweeted "normal service will resume shortly" 2 hours ago, it hasn't resumed at all, and all they are saying now is asking for my "strategy to beat a Team Pro"? How about having some working software to start with? :)

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 02:19 PM
(#12)
ChromeStar
Yeah, this does not look good at all......

2.5 hours, no updates anywhere online, none on the homepage....zilch, nada, nothing.

I am glad I wasn't in a huge buy in SNG, but still, when you are dominant chip leader with 10 left to go in a 45 man, its still quite the piss off !!

I read the Disconnect Policy on their site and its pretty vague about how they are going to handle a long term disconnect on their end in regards to entry fee return or dispersal of tourney prize money based on chip stack when the server blew up.

I would have to thin though, that after this long of a wait and no updates, something seriously bad has happened to the SNG servers and this issue might take hours or even days to resolve.

Old
Problems with Pokerstars today - Thu Feb 02, 2012, 03:25 PM
(#13)
Since: Dec 2011
Today I was registered for a game. As far as I could tell the game never started. I could not get into it even after several minutes after the game was to play. Glad it was just a freerole. I even changed to a different computer to see if that would help. Instead I was unable to log on. It seems that it showed me being logged onto the other computer, even after logged on and off it several times. I am unable to register for some games, and now the sit and goes are all stopped. Very strange.

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 03:41 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Just a downer that it would appear that by the time the service resumes most of the people stuck in these games wont be here to carry on with them and thus could end up losing money they would probably have won quite comfortably before.
Ill be lucky to make back my buy ins when play resumes as I'll likely be blinded out when I have quite a good chance to go deep in the games Im stuck in

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 03:45 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
If you believe the railbirds at the milenium hands, the SNG games crash every time PokerStars has this promotion. Don't think it is true since the promotion has run several days and the SNG games ran fine. I do remember seeing something posted prior to my last game yesterday that the site anticipated no problems while attending to "maintenance issues for the servers handling SNG games."

Speaking of the milenium hand railbirds, has anyone noticed how much they can say without getting their proverbial mouths washed with soap?
But surely if your expecting problems you stop running the SNG's until you know its fine to carry on as normal???
Oh and I agree on the railbird side of things, I lost my chat for 24 hours for calling someone a donk last week, yet its fine to abuse the sin out of everyone at a table that your no even involved with aparently

Old
Pokerstars Support? Not today......... - Thu Feb 02, 2012, 04:42 PM
(#16)
ChromeStar
Well,

4.5 hours later and the SNG fiasco is still not resolved !!!

Not one single update available through Pokerstars anywhere on the web, nothing at all.

They have locked my account, so it says that I am logged into the system, when I am clearly not logged in.

So frustrating, no responses from support@pokerstars.com, and no ability to play any games at all, let alone even log into the software.

You would think an issue that involves thousands of players might warrant some type of update on the website, but alas, absolute silence.

How hard is it to post on the pokerstars.com website what is happening and when it is expected to be resolved. ????

Angry Cheers

Skiny

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 05:32 PM
(#17)
Yes, this is beginning to get slightly annoying.
Seen from here... I'm playing 2 tourneys, I experience mild lag problems, put it down to the local weather (worst in some ten years or so) don't worry about it much.

Then both tourneys freeze. Try to re-log-on, they behave pretty funny... ok, the Wine does have some issues with multiple lobbies when re-opening them, but at least the tables you can usually see, this is worse than usual, oh boy, I'll boot the Windows (yuck). Takes ages and bugs me to death with updates, but I get the client up eventually... I'm logged in from another computer, please log off. It's the same computer, but ok, they don't know that... reboot the linux, at least it takes seconds.

No joy. Make sure I log out, twice :) reboot the Winthing, wade through the Wincomplaints, get to the client, please log off. Pf. I was going to take advantage of the weather, you know.

So I check the website, it's in (bad - they do have spellckeckers you know) Spanish (the wonders of geolocation), I'd rather have it in passable English, thank you, ah, good, the have a language menu, I choose English, it's still in bad Spanish, and I have photoshopped Boerees and Negreanus laughing their whiskers off in my face... which so annoys me that I try again until I find out that English (UK) gives me an almost intelligible page, on which there are no news of any minor inconveniences whatsoever.

So I check the tweeties, and they're asking me how I would beat a ProTeamPlayer. I'm beginning to think that a cricket bat wouldn't be too bad, but then I empathise, I used to manage servers years ago, let them unpanic, they'll solve it.

In the meantime, since I can't play my tourneys, I'll be obnoxious in the forum, shall I? ;)

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 05:42 PM
(#18)
Since: Jun 2010
Didn't have a problem all day.....was playing cash games
I notice some tournaments were going on no problems either

Anything that had to do with SnG's, that's where the problem was
It had to do with the SnG server

Oh well

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 05:54 PM
(#19)
Ok, so now it says in the SNG lobby they're rolled forward to tomorrow after 7am ET.
Whatever :/

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 07:58 PM
(#20)
Deleted user
I would say most of Stars issues come when they run a extensive promo or add new content.
Least in my experience the issues are usually resolved within a 48 hours time frame.

Sincerly
Dirtbagmcgee

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com