Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

is this a mistake?

Old
is this a mistake? - Thu Feb 02, 2012, 04:45 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
hello,
i've just checking my email and opened one from pso saying "Congratulations on earning your ticket to this month's Premier Skill League" sure that i was well ouside the top 500 i checked my account, and sure enough there's a ticket for the prem league. so i went and looked at my rank in the open : 822nd, as i thought well outside the top 500 that qualify for a prem leaue ticket. so is this be a mistake? or have i actually got a prem league ticket.
bikerzaine

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 04:55 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Many players qualify outside of the top 500 because many of those in the top 500 don't meet the requirements of 20 vpps or aren't members.

822nd sounds very reasonable.

Also, if you played over 5 in the Qualifier League, you could have gotten in there with a much, much lower qualifying finish. We've had members make it there to the Premier League with a finish in the 1000s and beyond...well beyond.

Enjoy and best o' luck!

Last edited by !!!111Dan; Thu Feb 02, 2012 at 09:51 PM.. Reason: one little word has a huge effect =)

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 05:00 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Zaine, this is not a test ....lol... can't believe I finished 899 in the Open league and still got a ticket. This means at least 399/899 didn't have the required VPPs(20+) to compete in premier, but now this really sucks because I'm only in it for pennies, oh well, time to get off the PSO $2.50 welfare list I guess....lmao

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 05:24 PM
(#4)
thanks guys, my flabber is well and truely gasted! i've only earned 30 in jan so will be playing for the low payout as well stakehorse75. as long as this current down swing ends with out too much damage to my bankroll, 150 vpps for the march league is achievable.
see you the tables and good luck
biker

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 05:42 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerzaine View Post
thanks guys, my flabber is well and truely gasted! i've only earned 30 in jan so will be playing for the low payout as well stakehorse75. as long as this current down swing ends with out too much damage to my bankroll, 150 vpps for the march league is achievable.
see you the tables and good luck
biker

Biker...

...congrats (I think? ) on scoring the Premier League ticket.

Huge piece of advice here,as it's a BRM leak that comes up every month here.

DO NOT punt proper BRM in an attempt to garner 150 VPP's. That's a path you don't want to start down.

Good luck to all PSO'ers this month.

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 06:03 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Moxie, I'll second that in a heartbeat.

Good luck in the league.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 06:24 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Biker...

...congrats (I think? ) on scoring the Premier League ticket.

Huge piece of advice here,as it's a BRM leak that comes up every month here.

DO NOT punt proper BRM in an attempt to garner 150 VPP's. That's a path you don't want to start down.

Good luck to all PSO'ers this month.
thanks for the wise words Moxie Pip, i will be sticking to my BRM i am close to having to drop down a level which would make it almost impossible. you're abosultly right, i won't play outside of BRM for extra vpps. besides i'll easily earn 150 vpps in march(for the high payouts in april), with the $500 boost to my bankroll i'll get on the 1st
thanks again and good luck.

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 06:46 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
On a side note, should be interesting to see how many qualified for the 150+ vpp for good payout in the premier this month (After the vpp changes).

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 06:56 PM
(#9)
Since: Dec 2010
My Word !!!!
They will let anyone into the Premier league by the looks of this !!!!! pmsl

Best of luck this month. B

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 08:02 PM
(#10)
Since: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by brizer73 View Post
my word !!!!
They will let anyone into the premier league by the looks of this !!!!! Pmsl

Best of luck this month. B

dont worry brizer im back too

Old
Fri Feb 03, 2012, 12:18 PM
(#11)
Since: Dec 2010
That just goes to prove what i'm saying Plaws !!!!! lol

Good to see you back m8 - good luck.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com