Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Cowboy's Challenge gives away more tickets!

Old
Cowboy's Challenge gives away more tickets! - Thu Feb 02, 2012, 07:23 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
Hey Posse, I would like to take this opportunity to announce to you that PSO Admin has authorised me to increase the prizes for successful completion of the Cowboy's Challenge in February from 3 tickets to 10 tickets!
Each of the first 3 months the Challenge has been growing and of course they are recognising this. Now more than ever you should be trying to win extra prizes for games you are playing anyway. Just follow this link to the rules and then the 2nd to post your intent to play! That's pretty simple.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...oy-s-Challenge!

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...t-to-play-here!

That's a big Giddy Up to PSO Admin for the increase!

Last edited by 19honu62; Thu Feb 02, 2012 at 08:38 PM..

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 07:51 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
So is this now a PSO sanctioned event?
Forgive me for not following this but I always thought this was something you where responsible for not PSO! So it does get me interested when PSO is funding this for obvious reasons.

I can see this is a challenge but at the same time who else would be allowed to offer staking in this forum! Just some thoughts.

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 08:08 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I am confused too

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 08:15 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Forgive me for not following this but I always thought this was something you where responsible for not PSO! So it does get me interested when PSO is funding this for obvious reasons.

I can see this is a challenge but at the same time who else would be allowed to offer staking in this forum! Just some thoughts.
Wow u r too funny as this has been pretty clear since it started in Nov that PSO pays out the prizes. What don't you get? I receive no benefit from this!

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 08:18 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
I am confused too
This doesn"t surprise me!

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 08:23 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19honu62 View Post
Wow u r too funny as this has been pretty clear since it started in Nov that PSO pays out the prizes. What don't you get? I receive no benefit from this!

Guess Im not allowed to ask questions..lol

Seriously dont assume everyone is in your cult and knows how to post a proper cowboy challenge!
I stopped taking a interest in you when you started directing members away from the site with your
affiliate gig and requesting everyones emails. You know I dont like you for those reasons and have told you straight in email so this is nothing new. As for my questions I dont see my stance on you as being a reason to dismiss my questions.

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 08:47 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
You actually do benefit from this or are you selling yourself short?

1.) Setup home game for PSO members
2.) Create a following
3.) Ask for all these members emails to hand out passwords
4.) Start contacting some of these members with your links to other sites with offers of free money
5.) Become a live trainer based off your Cowboy challenge
6.) Continue to sell yourself in your videos
7.) Offer coaching
8.) Get booted as a live trainer,why?
9.) Still post your skype for new members to get in touch with you,even though you no longer are a coach.

These are the steps you take if you want to establish yourself.
So to say you dont benefit from this is not true and you need to start pumping your chest and saying "I can bypass mod rules and even become a mod,ask me how"!
I think rules should be followed by all and you never where punished for any of your shady behavior and yet I have seen others perma banned for the same thing.

There you go,Im sure you ignore this post and hope it goes away like my last post to you.

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 09:03 PM
(#8)
Quote:
You actually do benefit from this or are you selling yourself short?

1.) Setup home game for PSO members what is the benefit to me?
2.) Create a following - same question?
3.) Ask for all these members emails to hand out passwords - providing private games to keep undesirable people out! Yes i see that benefit!
4.) Start contacting some of these members with your links to other sites with offers of free money - helping americans that could no longer play on PS ( the best site online )
5.) Become a live trainer based off your Cowboy challenge - Langolier can answer this cause he hired me
6.) Continue to sell yourself in your videos - not sure what this means as PSO has total control over what is posted
7.) Offer coaching - not sure how this fits but those that i was coaching before are seeing and results and they tell two friends and they tell two freinds and so on! Are you jealous?
8.) Get booted as a live trainer,why? - again Langolir can answer this as he fired me! LOL
9.) Still post your skype for new members to get in touch with you,even though you no longer are a coach. - please direct people to where I post my skype so more people can get ahold of me

These are the steps you take if you want to establish yourself. - I am already established through hardwork. You should try it
So to say you dont benefit from this is not true and you need to start pumping your chest and saying "I can bypass mod rules and even become a mod,ask me how"!
I think rules should be followed by all and you never where punished for any of your shady behavior and yet I have seen others perma banned for the same thing.

There you go,Im sure you ignore this post and hope it goes away like my last post to you.
How could anyone ignore you ?

Giddy Up!

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 09:29 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
Your answers are convenient for sure.

You know that PSO cant tell us why you where let go but what ever it was got you ousted immediately and I am sure they would tell you why!You are still here,so I would have to presume
they talked to you about it.

Black Friday is a good excuse for directing traffic away from Pokerstars,to bad you where doing this before then. I can see you have a excuse and most likely a member or two that will jump off a cliff to support you,so I will leave it at that.

You built a good con and that I can admire but thats not something that PSO is about.

Not sure how you turned my comment around to tell me to try being liking you,I will pass as I am my own man and dont need to follow in anothers footsteps. You ever want to take it to the felt I am all ears,but just so you know I am on leave till mid Feb. and then you can show me that "establishment through hardwork"!

Old
Thu Feb 02, 2012, 10:06 PM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
Just my 2 cents,

Since PSO is giving away $75, it should now be called "PSO Challenge", not Cowboys nor Honu challenge

And I believe that a challenge is not a learning method and the $75 should be put towards training activities, this is a school after all.

PS. Nothing against you Chris, just trying to show PSO, the logic of a school

Old
Fri Feb 03, 2012, 03:27 AM
(#12)
Deleted user
Honu this is a post you made about skype,ok you dont give your skype name but Im sure people pm you for it after talking about private videos.

Thanks to all for your kind words. I am glad to have impacted so many people's games and just so you know, I have been doing training and analysis for over three years and that isn't going to change. I plan on producing my own videos and am always available via skype or pm in this forum.

The software I have used and continue to use works just fine and so I hope that the quality of my training here was never the issue. I was stunned to have received this notice the day that I received my new technology to allow good quality for the training but it is what it is.

It is not what happens to you in life that defines you , it's how you deal with what happens to you that defines you! Don't know who said it first!

Giddy Up!

Link to thread:
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...ighlight=skype

I know you dont communicate with people up in the sticks and it comes through in the way you talk down to people. I pointed your lack of empathy for some members taking your challenge that is endorsed by PSO and it was crickets on your part.
I talk to you like a man in private message and you call me a goof!
Explain that your choice of words are ill advised and you go on to miss my point.
Have spelled it out for you over and over,I either get no response or a response like you got your head stuck in the clouds and speak another language.
So dont ever act I didnt try to talk to you and this is some blindside I am playing out. You saw this coming and as the walls close in you still want to stick to your story. Thats fine.

Old
Fri Feb 03, 2012, 07:32 AM
(#13)
It is not what happens to you in life that defines you , it's how you deal with what happens to you that defines you! Don't know who said it first!

I'm truly sorry you are so miserable and feel I have some hidden agenda. My agenda is clear and always has been clear. To create a positive environment and to help develop members of PSO so that they can move out of the 90% statistic of a losing player. I was given an oportunity by The Langoliar to show those skills to others and due to lag issues was released. BTW Dave gave me to the end of January to keep training but I was pretty bummed and made the decision to stop that night ( just to answer to the abruptness - Not that you will beleive it anyway.) Some members see the value in that it's too bad you don't.

If you feel I am talking down to you or that I have no empathy for members this is truly unfortunate and for that I apologise.

For some reason you feel a hatred for me and I dont understand it other than I am likely not the only one and this is just how you treat people. I try not to respond because it is futile.

I can tell you this Isee, that if 39 people tell me stop posting in this forum I will do it!

Giddy Up!

Last edited by 19honu62; Fri Feb 03, 2012 at 08:08 AM..

Old
Fri Feb 03, 2012, 07:50 AM
(#14)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
It is not what happens to you in life that defines you , it's how you deal with what happens to you that defines you!
Right on Cowboy!

Just to say that the news about an extra 7 tickets being awarded each month is very welcome indeed!

Personnally I have found the cowboy challenge helping me with both my bankroll management and improving my general level of play.

I find that as each month goes by there are more and more PSO members taking part and some of those ROI's are very impressive.

Thanks Chris for getting this great challenge off the ground!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 03, 2012, 08:31 AM
(#15)
BronzeStar
There is just one reason why the Cowboy Challenge has become a fixture here. It is a very cheap way of building a bankroll while gaining those important bragging rights.

Be honest, isn't there just a wee bit of joy when you finish your 100 games and find out that you beat (insert name of player who is better than you) ROI this month? It is competition that allows one to play, within certain limits, against another in the game they find is their best.

If I could, I would be playing 27-player games against Moxie. As to Moxie, he would play the 45-player game. Yet we both are eligible for the Challenge. The old hedgehog would love to see Moxie one notch below my ROI. Not because of any annimosity between us, but because we both enjoy the competition to excel at the game we prefer. I'll acknowledge he is a better player than me, which adds an additional incentive.

As to why the site has offered prizes, that too should be understandable. In one word, MONEY. With these games now played with a game fee, it is to their benefit to encourage more play. Even the cheapest game is worth something. (23¢ + 2¢ = $2.00 to PokerStars) Take a gander at the list for this month. We have 25 players, some playing at levels higher than the minimum and do the math. People, the site loses nothing giving away tickets. If you don't turn that gift into cash, it's a case of no harm, no foul.

Old
Fri Feb 03, 2012, 09:03 AM
(#16)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Well said,

Wise hedgehog!

+100

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 03, 2012, 10:45 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Quote:

Cowboy's responsibility appears to go no further than organizing the competition and awarding the tickets. Now that the tickets are awarded based on math rather than random chance, the selection is clean. And just one additional comment, I don't think anyone questioned his integrity, but having a firm criteria now eliminated such thoughts.

As to sanctioned, I'm thinking this is PokerStar's way of encouraging something that helps them and its membership at the school. It is a win-win situation. I wouldn't consider it a sanctioned event on PokerStars until they start advertising it as such.

Staking: One person offering another the entry fee for a percentage of any winnings. Cowboy offers no staking as part of this challenge. The player accepting the challenge must have the 25 buy-ins. To the best of my knowledge, one player received a stake, and not from Cowboy, to participate. We have an entire sub forum for staking, if anyone didn't notice.

Quote:
1.) Setup home game for PSO members
2.) Create a following
3.) Ask for all these members emails to hand out passwords
4.) Start contacting some of these members with your links to other sites with offers of free money
5.) Become a live trainer based off your Cowboy challenge
6.) Continue to sell yourself in your videos
7.) Offer coaching
8.) Get booted as a live trainer,why?
9.) Still post your skype for new members to get in touch with you,even though you no longer are a coach.

1 ---- We all have this option. Can remember before Black Friday the Cowboy's Corral being the hot ticket. If you received an invitation, it signified he thought you a serious player. I still consider my invitation to his home game a huge honor.

2 ---- With all honesty, don't we all create a following by being members of this site through our participation? How many of us came to the forum just to see what PresBruno posted? For most, that following goes no further than a circle of friends. Cowboy directed that following into something positive through his home game and now the challenge.

3 ---- Asking and getting are two different things. When I sent Cowboy my e-mail, I never received any passwords, other than to his private games before the home game setup started. As I remember, the site doesn't allow for more than a certain number of PM recipients on one message. E-mails proved more efficient.

4 ---- Guilty. Cowboy did that for me since I'm American after Black Friday. I followed him to that other site, but it wasn't for me. The games offerred were not to my liking. I'm glad he extended the invitation, but disappointed it didn't work for me. And if you're wondering, Cowboy knows my reasons and he understands my dissatisfaction extends no further than the other site. I'm certain it hasn't affected our relationship.

5 ---- Don't we all offer advice? Perhaps he took a more formal approach, but if somebody else were as active as an unofficial coach, that reputation would spread through the forum. If I'm interested in playing a certain game and notice Player X offers help for that game, I might ask for help.

6 ---- See Item 5.

7 ---- See Item 5.

8 ---- Frankly, my dear, it's none of our (explative deleted) business.

9 ---- I'll admit to being less than computer smart, so I have no idea if this is still happening. Cowboy organized an offsite discussion group and set it up at another location. Back then, I can remember several other players organizing such groups with the intention of shadowing each other and then discussing the game played with the idea of offering suggestions to improve. All of this was done offsite and the forums here pointed anyone interested to the appropriate place.

Old
Fri Feb 03, 2012, 01:47 PM
(#18)
Deleted user
All I can do is point the issues out,Im not expecting people to understand what I am getting at.
Some people you cant reach and the pattern here is me pointing things out and catching heat for it.
Weeks or months go by and people see I had a point but the funny thing is they still look at me the same way they did when they thought I was making things up! Kind of the irony of the situation.

Cairn you can break the steps down in a attempt to water down the message but that is not how I have written it. Its to show as a whole how these things add up,alone they are not anything to piss at but together it shows you a mindset. You and I never see eye to eye so this is no shock at all.

Raise all I can say is who is your coach again? Oh thats right, another unbiased view of course.
I thought this was a discussion with Honu but if you guys want to come half way through a situation then by all means,you wont see me calling for back up!

Old
Fri Feb 03, 2012, 02:03 PM
(#19)
Deleted user
Quote:

I'm truly sorry you are so miserable and feel I have some hidden agenda. My agenda is clear and always has been clear. To create a positive environment and to help develop members of PSO so that they can move out of the 90% statistic of a losing player. I was given an oportunity by The Langoliar to show those skills to others and due to lag issues was released. BTW Dave gave me to the end of January to keep training but I was pretty bummed and made the decision to stop that night ( just to answer to the abruptness - Not that you will beleive it anyway.) Some members see the value in that it's too bad you don't.

If you feel I am talking down to you or that I have no empathy for members this is truly unfortunate and for that I apologise.

For some reason you feel a hatred for me and I dont understand it other than I am likely not the only one and this is just how you treat people. I try not to respond because it is futile.

I can tell you this Isee, that if 39 people tell me stop posting in this forum I will do it!

Giddy Up!
The 30 people to do something is old and tired and pretty much taking this situation as a joke.

Lets look at your explanation for why you are not a live trainer anymore!
You say it is because you had lag issues right? You also claim to have received the proper
programs that day and yet you where to bummed out to keep training for the month and stepped down. Wouldnt PSO wait a week to see if the programs helped? Wouldnt you explain to them
that the lag issues could be gone with these new programs? Something smells funny and you
have gone out of your way to throw Dave and Christopher under the bus by saying they where
part of the group to finalize you going back to member status.
You starting to see how things are not believable here?
I for one would demand to know why I was released and I asked you and it was "Ask Dave"!
Now your saying it was lag issue after what? You saw that as a good excuse!
Im no angel and dont hold myself up as a guy that should be followed,but you putting yourself in these shoes has to have you accountable for your actions.

I asked you about the tickets and you got bum hurt about it and went at me,so I give you a does back. If you cant talk without it coming out the side of you mouth than your going to have issues with me. Ive said everything that needs to be said,Im not doing any ones homework,they can look it up for themselves and come to their own conclusions. Some one has something to say to me.I for sure will respond but otherwise.....zzzzzzzz

Old
Fri Feb 03, 2012, 02:15 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
As far as the videos are concerned, they became the Intellectual Property of PSO. Honu has no say in the use of these videos and PSO can release them as they see fit.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com