Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

feel the rush

Old
feel the rush - Fri Feb 03, 2012, 08:41 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
hi all i use to feel the rush many years ago when i started playing poker,even at micro stakes beleive it or not,but now for me the rush is slipping away.
Why i ask myself,because i have played bigger stakes and the rush at that level is immense. To be honest when i get mixed up into a pot i use to sit there with a shake on .it seemed so funny at the time but thats the game and the fun.
But sadly the rush is disapearing from my game,this is down to mainly people who just dont want to play poker anymore,and the reads have become too easy over time.
Does any one else still feel the rush?,is your passion to play or just sit there robot like.
I would like to hear your thoughts..............

Old
Fri Feb 03, 2012, 11:11 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Oh the rush is still there and I'm into chips, not cheques. At the same time, it is less intense than before Black Friday. It isn't the money that lowered the rush, it's the game. When it was new, every pot became an experience of highs or lows, dependent on the outcome. Now the only time I "get the shakes" is when the stake is busting or making the money.

Call it a sense of maturity if you will. The new penny shine is gone for you. That isn't a bad thing, it just means you're starting to play with an expectation based on skill.

Quote:
this is down to mainly people who just dont want to play poker anymore,and the reads have become too easy over time.

This line reminds me of a very appropriate quote: Pride goes before the fall. Methinks your head is showing signs of inflating.

Old
Fri Feb 03, 2012, 01:04 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2011
This line reminds me of a very appropriate quote: Pride goes before the fall. Methinks your head is showing signs of inflating.[/QUOTE]

lol dude no my head is firmly on the ground and not in the clouds,i no its hard to win and could nether be big headed about losing that would not make sense.
And yes pride before the fall makes sense good qoute.
People should turn their chats on,have the banter,have fun but oh no so serious,
and so boring,reminds me of xbox lol.

And you know what i mean about micros,its hard to feel the rush like when you know you have a great player against you,and they are reraising your raises with nothing now thats a rush....
and fun good poker,not saying people cant play at micros because i have come across some good players and for me thats who i want to beat if i can lol,

poker yes if you want to be profitable,get some software sit there like a bot on multitables waiting for the pre flop nuts,but none of you can tell me thats fun surely.Poker is a game of social skills also to have conversations at the tables etc,i bet if people talked more there would be an increase in less tilters and take that from experience now,as ive been railed and nether showed signs of tilt my worse enemy.

Yes i would say be serious at higher level play,but come on people get your micro chat on have fun.

Old
Fri Feb 03, 2012, 03:28 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Funy enough i feel the rush mostly at 9pm when i play Tank games with a bunch of seriously good players for play money. (and on fridays for cash with some of the same faces). I'm the most pumped when i win one of these home games or pull off a good bluff or a good fold. I'm also the most bummed when i crash out early and don't feel i played my best.

SO in conclusion Its the opposion not the cash level that provides that buzz.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 03, 2012, 05:12 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
Funy enough i feel the rush mostly at 9pm when i play Tank games with a bunch of seriously good players for play money. (and on fridays for cash with some of the same faces). I'm the most pumped when i win one of these home games or pull off a good bluff or a good fold. I'm also the most bummed when i crash out early and don't feel i played my best.
Grade b
+1 i feel better and more confident about my game when i play well against the tankers too. its like a heckuva step up from micro donk poker, though there IS still eff, JD and myself

Old
Fri Feb 03, 2012, 11:24 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post

SO in conclusion Its the opposion not the cash level that provides that buzz.

Grade b
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnestegg View Post
+1 i feel better and more confident about my game when i play well against the tankers too. its like a heckuva step up from micro donk poker, though there IS still eff, JD and myself

Yep the Tank game is a real test. Much as when US peeps could still play here for $ (and hopefully will be again SOON...) the Tuesday Cowboy's Corral Bounty game was the cat's azz. Was definitely the thing I looked forward to the most each week here...good crack in chat,great players,occasional Pros stopping by (I annoyed every person I know that doesn't know jack squat about poker recanting every detail of the (small) pot I took off Nanonoko the night he stopped by...) and if you made the money in any of those games you felt a great sense of accomplishment.

holdem,poker is always going to be about both the rush and the grind. You can sit for minutes,tens of minutes or longer on end and be bored to tears (though you SHOULD be filling that time by closely studying your adversaries and making notes on them...) and then all of a sudden comes the hand that elevates the old blood pressure.

You never know when it's coming,you never know what it's going to look like (could be a pretty pair of aces or an ugly azz 83o in your bb and the table limps and you flop a boat...),but you KNOW it's going to come.

Sooner or later.

And if you play with you wits about you and have good BRM and keep yourself in the game so you can have opportunity after opportunity then that bink,the one that keeps you coming back, is
going to come as well.

Sooner or later.

THAT'S why I play...

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com