Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

not receiving emails or messages

Old
Default
not receiving emails or messages - Fri Feb 03, 2012, 10:29 AM
(#1)
xxMollie1xx's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 16
Hi:

Is anyone else having trouble receiving emails from PokerStars. I did NOT receive my email notifying me that I had qualified for the Premier League (although my ticket was in my "tournament tickets" and now I'm not getting my messages on PokerSchoolOnline. Another player has told me that he sent me an email (twice) and neither have appeared in my messages nor have I received an email notification.
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 03, 2012, 10:38 AM
(#2)
annie_22at90's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 864
You might check this.

Go to "YOUR PROFILE" (Located on the right side of the screen, under the big scrolling ads for the training sessions. There's a red box that says "WELCOME xxMollie1xx.)

Go to Edit Info.

Scroll down to the section that says "Emails Received" and change it to yes if it's currently no.

Also, from the client lobby, make sure you have "Options->Receive Congratulatory Emails" checked.
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 03, 2012, 02:26 PM
(#3)
!!!111Dan's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMollie1xx View Post
Hi:

Is anyone else having trouble receiving emails from PokerStars. I did NOT receive my email notifying me that I had qualified for the Premier League (although my ticket was in my "tournament tickets" and now I'm not getting my messages on PokerSchoolOnline. Another player has told me that he sent me an email (twice) and neither have appeared in my messages nor have I received an email notification.
Hi Mollie,
Sorry about the inconvenience with the emails/messages.
A couple things to look at.
Thanks annie for the helpful assistance. I've added just a couple notes in blue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_22at90 View Post
You might check this.

Go to "YOUR PROFILE" (Located on the right side of the screen, under the big scrolling ads for the training sessions. There's a red box that says "WELCOME xxMollie1xx.)

Go to Edit Info. ----This can be found in a tab at the top when you open your profile.

Scroll down to the section that says "Emails Received" and change it to yes if it's currently no.

Also, from the client lobby, make sure you have "Options->Receive Congratulatory Emails" checked. ----This is referring to the PokerStars (client) main lobby.
Then finally, just above here, click on the Go To tab in gray. Then from the drop menu, select settings. In the second section down, you'll see messaging and notification. Be sure that you have "Enable Private Messaging" checked, as well as the next two if you wish.

Let us know if this doesn't clear it up.

Thanks.
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 03, 2012, 03:47 PM
(#4)
xxMollie1xx's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Hi Mollie,
Sorry about the inconvenience with the emails/messages.
A couple things to look at.
Thanks annie for the helpful assistance. I've added just a couple notes in blue.


Then finally, just above here, click on the Go To tab in gray. Then from the drop menu, select settings. In the second section down, you'll see messaging and notification. Be sure that you have "Enable Private Messaging" checked, as well as the next two if you wish.

Let us know if this doesn't clear it up.

Thanks.
Thanks to Annie and Dan for your suggestions. Everything is as it should be. I was having no problems receiving emails or private messages until the 1st of Feb. PokerStars are unable to find a reason for my not receiving their emails and have suggested that i change my email address which I'm unable to do, as I only have one email address. Very frustrating!!!

Mollie
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 03, 2012, 05:36 PM
(#5)
!!!111Dan's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,290
Sorry again Mollie.

Is it possible you could create another email account like gmail or something else apart from the service you're currently using.
I'm afraid that may be the only answer at this time. It does appear to be something with your current email.

Be sure to redo all your info regarding PokerStars and PSO if you do begin with a new provider.

We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 03, 2012, 11:42 PM
(#6)
xxMollie1xx's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Sorry again Mollie.

Is it possible you could create another email account like gmail or something else apart from the service you're currently using.
I'm afraid that may be the only answer at this time. It does appear to be something with your current email.

Be sure to redo all your info regarding PokerStars and PSO if you do begin with a new provider.

We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Hi Dan:

It seems the problem has been solved. I have received two emails from PokerStars and one private message. The emails came in so fast, I hadn't even closed my screen after losing the hand.

Thanks for your help.

Mollie
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com