Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

8.80 mtt

Old
8.80 mtt - Fri Feb 03, 2012, 09:13 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2008
I think my play is ok, just bad luck

Any comments ?

Old
Fri Feb 03, 2012, 10:14 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
definitely no problem with your play

Old
Fri Feb 03, 2012, 11:56 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
Well played, you just ran into a suckout. Your opponent had 2 outs, a 4 % chance to win, variance just hit you. Keep making the same decisions, they will pay off in the long run.

Last edited by joy7108; Fri Feb 03, 2012 at 11:57 PM.. Reason: typo

Old
Sat Feb 04, 2012, 12:22 AM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2011
hi there aj,
preflop 3x textbook

flop_ you checked allowed the guy to bet then only called,

thats what cost you the hand m8t checking the set then only calling, the opp may have put you on a hand like aq,and thought his pp 4s were good,IN the finish yes he was lucky and thats the danger in being trappy.

hope this helps

Old
Sat Feb 04, 2012, 01:06 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi AJEI,

Sounds like you know the answer . As a 95% favourite on the turn you get your money in, what else is there to say.

I think you played the hand perfect. At 100/200 level I may be opening 2.5x rather than 3x. But UTG and a hand as strong as AKs 3x is good.

Normally not a fan of slow playing, but this is the perfect example of a time to do it. You are so far ahead on the flop this is a great way to try and extract some value or let him catch a turn card that gets him in trouble. On the turn he's probably commited and just calling here he's pretty unlikely to fire a 3rd time. So just get it in, get some value or fold out his equity and win a nice pot.

Just a sick sick river my friend.
Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com