Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Home Games /

A waste of time

Old
A waste of time - Sat Feb 04, 2012, 03:54 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
oh well sat there waiting for jokers home game,very funny i must say
ten people entered so two tables,all my table except one was sitting out hmmmmmm.
so instantly i was heads up so heads up training it was.
about 5 hands in runner runner bad beat against my set.
ahahahahaha very funny.
it was a blast

Old
Try This.... - Sat Feb 04, 2012, 06:01 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012

How To Join EPC Poker Leagues:

Log onto PokerStars
In the main lobby, click the 'Home Games' tab
Now click the green 'join a Poker Club' tab
Enter the following information:
Club ID Number: 434686
Invitation Code: we got this

www.epcpokerleagues.yolasite.com

Old
Sat Feb 04, 2012, 06:19 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0VE EPC View Post

Log onto PokerStars

thank you i will try this one

Old
Sat Feb 04, 2012, 08:16 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
sounds like you could use some heads up practice then.

i can't make every game but i try if that's not good enough for you then by all means go find another club that better suits you

Old
Sat Feb 04, 2012, 08:23 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
sounds like you could use some heads up practice then.

i can't make every game but i try if that's not good enough for you then by all means go find another club that better suits you

hi joker i dont mean no dispespect to you m8t,its the players that didnt turn up wasting your time and mine to be honest.no offence ment to you or your club im sure it is great when people have the time.
And yes we all need heads up practice lol,and i was really bad beat to be honest got my money in with set of 4s raised and reraised was no choice and the whu player had a9 and hit runner 9a to bigg house my house lol was still a blast though thank you for the invite was apreciated.

Old
Sat Feb 04, 2012, 08:42 PM
(#6)
i didn't make the game either / was just too tired from a long day yesterday and waking too early for today's work buy the time it was 2pm i was whipped and it cost me a very good game i needed to cash just before the home game started

out of fatigue and tilt with myself i took a nap instead of playing

I belong to many clubs so by all means look around (i belong to this EPC club also) and next time we talk i can point you to some others

Old
Sat Feb 04, 2012, 08:46 PM
(#7)
thx joker no worries m8t,and yes could do with some incite to this other club loads of players lol,
and lol didnt know you were not playing was on the other table i think.
thx m8t

Old
Sat Feb 04, 2012, 09:25 PM
(#8)
Since: Sep 2010
The thing that sets Joker's club apart from others may not be the tourneys...though they are a blast. It may not be the level of play either...though most of the players (myself discluded) are much better than the average. The single thing that makes this club different and fun is the quality of the people you will find there and the fact that you can sit down, feel at home and not play at the table. The members of this club regularly rail one another as we play in whatever and where ever we fancy. We comment, critique, encourage and console one another. Yes we talk poker, but we talk more than poker. We laugh and joke and poke fun at one another. I'd say this club is the closest thing to family on the site as anyone could ever find. Hope to see you again soon dude.

Old
Sat Feb 04, 2012, 09:47 PM
(#9)
yes a fufnik and thx will pop in again

Old
Sat Feb 04, 2012, 10:01 PM
(#10)
Since: Dec 2010
I totally agree with Abercombie....if you're after hg tourneys ACE, they're down the road a few blocks...our's are few and far between due to time zone differences...but if you want a place to sit...have some laughs...learn and teach and share poker...and most of all enjoy the company of genuine good folk...then J's the club...boss sez all is welcome to join

BULLS

Old
Sun Feb 05, 2012, 01:36 AM
(#11)
Since: Jul 2010
When I run deep, there's always someone there to cheer me on. That means a lot, Joker's home game is about more than the game, all the good home games are about the peeps.

Old
Sun Feb 05, 2012, 09:03 AM
(#12)
Quote:

Log onto PokerStars

Quote:
i didn't make the game either / was just too tired from a long day yesterday and waking too early for today's work buy the time it was 2pm i was whipped and it cost me a very good game i needed to cash just before the home game started

out of fatigue and tilt with myself i took a nap instead of playing

I belong to many clubs so by all means look around (i belong to this EPC club also) and next time we talk i can point you to some others

After thinking about this I've decided that I will resign from this EPC club. The way you came into this thread just to needlessly plug your home game like some kind of vulture or member whore is despicable at best as if your advantage of being a showcase club was not enough to fill your ego and/or home club.

Old
Sun Feb 05, 2012, 09:21 AM
(#13)
BronzeStar
yeah that is pretty classless

Old
lol - Sun Feb 05, 2012, 09:31 AM
(#14)
Quote:
After thinking about this I've decided that I will resign from this EPC club. The way you came into this thread just to needlessly plug your home game like some kind of vulture or member whore is despicable at best as if your advantage of being a showcase club was not enough to fill your ego and/or home club.

lol that's kinda funny, I came back here to note on the friendly quality of the one you play in, and how I think that's great. Well maybe not funny...ironic perhaps. Hey take my "plug" however you want, I'm not apologizing and I'm not going to reply in kind....not into the message board drama thing. However he felt about another game isn't my fault, I was merely inviting him to our friendly game. And it is friendly. If you think it's all about the numbers you are wrong, but I'm happy knowing it's true, I am not going to go into great detail explaining that to you. But trust me when I tell you, my main focus is not "catering to the masses". I believe you're reaction, and it's wording, stand on their own I might add.

Anyways, I liked reading about the other players experiences with making friends and acquaintances in some of the other clubs. That has definitely become my favorite part of the club I am in. A lot of us at EPC used to play at a place called the ESPN Poker Club, which ended up being bought out by PokerStars, then shut down on black Friday. Many friendships were made back in the old ESPN days, with some people holding live home games that were a lot of fun. Anywhere from 10 to 40 or more people would show up at these for a few days, and the stories and pics shared afterwards were always fun.

A few of the bigger ones were The Burning Heat Classic in Virginia, held by a player named Oz Chambers and his wife Virginia Clem. I was fortunate enough to go to one of those, it was a great time. It was kinda weird actually meeting some of the players I had been plaing online with for a year or longer. Another big one was called Ballroot in Chicago, held by Bobby Kawasaki and Nus Kansen.

I have to admit that it's been really great to see these friendships be able to continue through EPC Poker Leagues, and also see new friendships being made. It wasn't the driving force behind the work I put into this league, but as I said, it has definitely become my favorite part. By a lot. And no joker, I'm not trying to say mine is friendly than yours lol. I'm sure there are plenty of poker gangs out there just likes yours and mine that are all equally friendly. The size of them matters not. Hey some people prefer a smaller game, I knowI do at times.

Peace

Last edited by L0VE EPC; Sun Feb 05, 2012 at 09:48 AM.. Reason: typo's

Old
PS- - Sun Feb 05, 2012, 09:38 AM
(#15)
Quote:

Oh, since you seem to share my love of emoticons, I will share on of my fav's w/ ya...

Take care

Oh yea, and...

GO PATRIOTS!!!

Old
Sun Feb 05, 2012, 09:51 AM
(#16)
Yes I might not be the most prolific person in the forum but I do get my point across. Another trait of mine is not retracting or editing my post. I say things as I see them and will stand by them.

I've said it before that you can ask any member of my club and they'll back me up about being an ass.

Yes there were a lot of good qualities that I could see in your club and some of the ones stated are why I joined and though i had not so far it was my intention to make some time to play there.

I would guess the more polite way to express my thoughts of how you went wrong here is while reading one of HoldemAce's posts of displeasure with the site and the people playing the games instead of plugging my home club in his thread I sent him a PM. I have plenty of threads that are open invites to everyone who wishes to join so I feel that it is not my place to post invites in other people's threads.

I wish you the best with regards to your club and you have at the least convinced me to continue with my thoughts of resignation.

Old
Sun Feb 05, 2012, 09:56 AM
(#17)
Quote:
Oh, since you seem to share my love of emoticons, I will share on of my fav's w/ ya...

Take care

Oh yea, and...

GO PATRIOTS!!!

My emoticon was given to me by a well respected member of this forum who left after Black Friday in one of his threads of a friendly "Go Deep" contests in the old PSO skill league. I end all of my posts with the little guy.

Old
Sun Feb 05, 2012, 10:03 AM
(#18)
Here you go for your enjoyment and/or curiosity.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...r-Board-Thread

Old
Sun Feb 05, 2012, 10:09 AM
(#19)
lol A trait of mine is editing my posts several times. I have this OCD thing about typos, and also grammar. Even though my grammar sucks, if I do spot an error I have to go back and fix it. Have to.

So anyways, no harm no foul eh

Last edited by L0VE EPC; Sun Feb 05, 2012 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: add the word 'do' in front of 'spot'

Old
Sun Feb 05, 2012, 10:20 AM
(#20)
Quote:
lol A trait of mine is editing my posts several times. I have this OCD thing about typos, and also grammar. Even though my grammar sucks, if I do spot an error I have to go back and fix it. Have to.

So anyways, no harm no foul eh

Sorry that wasn't meant to be a jab at your grammar edits. I too have that problem so maybe you try proof reading before posting. I catch a lot of my mistakes that way before I make the post.

Hope that helps and good luck on the felt.

Food for thought cause wisdom is power:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu5PeqsI858

Last edited by joker41673; Sun Feb 05, 2012 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: put in link

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com