Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Pokerstars Weird Dealt Hands

Old
Pokerstars Weird Dealt Hands - Sat Feb 04, 2012, 05:16 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
This is from Feb 4 2012 Sunday Storm... Sat for so many hours... not a single hand playable, and the only time I can win is when I shove with any two cards and pray nobody calls. My table is being dominated by 1 player only... He's getting ALL monster hands... every now and then, whilst the entire table is trying and sweating it out. Playing mediocre hands. Checked other tables with big stacks and noticed the same thing. And the weird part of it is, 5 tables I observed are dominated by canadians, getting monster hands almost every 5 - 10 minutes!!! (No wonder a lot of Sunday Million and other sunday majors has canadian players. (Clarify, I am not against canadian players... Nor am I accusing them of anything... I just ENVY the frequency of good legit cards they get... :P)

Bah... Out of boredom, I observed other tables... so the same thing... 1 player dominates the table chippinng away on the other players stack... etc.

Now that is weird, and just look at this... It's like, I put 9 people in 1 table, and 1 of them is my chosen one... This is just one of the many weirdness I have observed with sunday majors:

And these past days, the quads over quads with 1 player hitting full house has happened quite often too... Not JUST to me, but also a few players I happen to have had a chat with. (Yes! 3 Players in one hand, 2 of which are quads, and the other one is full house!!!! This has happened to me, twice the past week, with me being the underdog quads)

And any one here observed the FLOP of flush which 70 to 80 percent of the time will end in the river of 1 card flush... So whenever I see this, I do a test bet, and even if I'm holding AA I'll check the turn and the river... coz if I encounter this kind of flop, the OPP will definitely go to the river... and I have never won 1 freak hand under this situation, unless the river pairs the board, and I hit the set...

PS.... you're becoming weird again...

Last edited by femson2000; Sat Feb 04, 2012 at 06:16 PM.. Reason: Inserted the word JUST

Old
Sat Feb 04, 2012, 05:30 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
I've played over 60,000 hands in January and I've never seen it
So what's your point?

I would suggest you observe another 60,000 hands to see if this happens again
I would also suggest you keep track of all the hands to prove your opinion

LOL

Old
Sat Feb 04, 2012, 05:40 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2011
Never seen what?

Old
Sat Feb 04, 2012, 05:43 PM
(#4)
I haven't played any sunday majors... though I've seen quad over quads... And that vid happens...

It happens live as well, mom... LOL!!

Old
Sat Feb 04, 2012, 05:51 PM
(#5)
60K playing where? I thought US players aren't allowed to play? You mean you haven't seen quads over quads with 1 trailing player who's holding a fullhouse?

You haven't played enough hands then!

Not stating any opinion here... I just find it weird... that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
I've played over 60,000 hands in January and I've never seen it
So what's your point?

I would suggest you observe another 60,000 hands to see if this happens again
I would also suggest you keep track of all the hands to prove your opinion

LOL
And I won't give you any to play the majors... And what's your point here boy?

I am near the router... so you better shut it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyVictim View Post
I haven't played any sunday majors... though I've seen quad over quads... And that vid happens...

It happens live as well, mom... LOL!!

Old
Sat Feb 04, 2012, 05:54 PM
(#6)
Mum's the word... but still...

Old
Sat Feb 04, 2012, 06:13 PM
(#7)
Since: Nov 2011
Hi fensom,normally i am thinking the same as you and the software some way behaves different,as recently have won over 160k in free play chips but cannot win in a reel money game,so you can imagine how confused i am.
This might sound a bit strange but i feel that sometimes when i am tilting things look different.
I start to notice the bigger hands a lot more,because to be honest those are the ones we remember.
As for a dominant stack leader on each table,that is the normal in most games of poker,as on that day they are hitting their good fortune of good hands,or sometimes the table has a more dominant player.
I really no what you are saying though ,and to be honest, i think you are just starting to see variance more and becoming a better player.
All said and done if people want to shove all in most of the time with aces or kk etc,thats not poker and the outcome regardless of maths can not be pedicted when you also have the probibilities of the flop.
I hope this helps you in some way,the more you play the more you will see.e.g try multitable and watch how many times you seem to get aces , kk etc.

Old
Sat Feb 04, 2012, 06:14 PM
(#8)
Well, randomness is supposed to be weird, isn't it now.
Ever took a walk through Seahorse Valley?
(Google just that if you don't know what I'm talking about :)

Old
Sat Feb 04, 2012, 06:19 PM
(#9)
The above video shows the poor players who got nailed...

I mean, nobody is supposed to escape that hand!! Only the KK will...

Old
Sat Feb 04, 2012, 06:54 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by femson2000 View Post
The above video shows the poor players who got nailed...

I mean, nobody is supposed to escape that hand!! Only the KK will...
Hi there again,the truth of this hand is all the opps played it awfully to be honest except the guy with 66 and the guy who folded

preflop-utg+3 min raising 22 out of posistion what was he hoping for
kk flat calls what on earth was he thinking
66 calls
the last opp calls for value

flop first person to act bets
second to act with his set only calls?
kk shoves never even considered a set to the guy behind him
pocket 6s feel sorry for that guy

a bit of a messy analysis but thats the facts

Old
Sat Feb 04, 2012, 07:18 PM
(#11)
Nice pull on a guy from Quebec being American....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old
Sat Feb 04, 2012, 08:00 PM
(#12)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Nice pull on a guy from Quebec being American....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It says I'm from CA.......... California..........................

Old
Sat Feb 04, 2012, 11:08 PM
(#13)
Lol!!!

No disrespect mimmi... I thought that meant Cali too... before... that's why I thought it's funny...

Quote:

Old
Sun Feb 05, 2012, 12:24 AM
(#14)
You know... I hate to admit, I thought it meant california.

Anyways, I checked it again, and I was wondering before, why does this guy comes in a pleasant manner. Your profile says it. You're a learned person. Wisdom and diplomacy really do come with 'life experience.' And that's a compliment mind you.

Cheers!

Quote:

Old
Sun Feb 05, 2012, 12:27 AM
(#15)
So you're one of them now.

You ungrateful piece of POCKET DEUCE!!! I gave you $350 yesterday and returned to me how much? And when you play for the other 'camp,' you deliver! And don't go on blabbering about him not being right beside your ears!

What does this button behind the router? What does it do again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyVictim View Post
Lol!!!

No disrespect mimmi... I thought that meant Cali too... before... that's why I thought it's funny...

Old
Sun Feb 05, 2012, 05:50 AM
(#16)
Since: Jan 2012
Setups are so great! lol

As this one...

( have the hand posted in the Brags & Achievements )

Old
after reading about 'setups' - Sun Feb 05, 2012, 06:27 AM
(#17)
Since: Aug 2011

If this is one of 1000 hands of a day its not that bad really !

Old
Sun Feb 05, 2012, 10:21 AM
(#18)
Bwahahaha.....

Well these kinds of setups are nothing... The best is what she's been saying here... The tilt-inducing quads over quads... Not just quads... KK and AA!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaBBiiTGiiRL View Post
Setups are so great! lol

As this one...

( have the hand posted in the Brags & Achievements )

Old
Sun Feb 05, 2012, 12:06 PM
(#19)
lol guys i always thought they were called coolers, not setups,we see quads v quads regular even live.....you tube is full of quads against quads,it is how many hands are been played all over the world ,so its always is going to happen at any given time,thats why it is random generated to mimic this.
If you think about kk,it is quite foldable if you can put the guy on aces preflop,seen it folded a few times live,and thats why the pros are the pros, using chips to ask the question on how strong their opps whole cards are e.t.c

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com