Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Knock out festivals

Old
Knock out festivals - Sat Feb 04, 2012, 10:36 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2010
SilverStar
I CANT SEEM TO GET ANY RESPONSE FROM ANYONE ABOUT MY CONFUSION LAST MNTH PSO ADVERTISED A PROMOTION THE PSO KNOCKOUT FESTIVALS NOW TO ME THE WORD FESTIVAL SUGGESTS MANY TOURNEYS IN ITSELF AND FESTIVALS IS ALSO PLURAL SINCE THEN WE HAVE SEEN ONE GAME WITH NO INDICATION AS TO WHEN OR EVEN IF THERE ARE TO BE OTHERS CAN ANYONE CLEAR THIS UP IVE TRIED EMAILING P STARS WHO FORWARDED TO PSO BUT STILL AWAITING RESPONSE

Old
Sat Feb 04, 2012, 10:39 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi greycowboy!

I'm working on gettting an answer to your question. As soon as I get a reply on what the schedule will be, I will get the information to you.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 04, 2012, 10:44 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
Well JWK is working on your answer,can you explain this Greycowboy?

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...ght=greycowboy

This always bothered me and wonder if you have a explanation.

Old
reply - Sun Feb 05, 2012, 07:16 AM
(#4)
SilverStar
hi there cant remember exactly but vaguely remember hand sorry to see it opened such a can of worms i believe had a small flush draw i bet the river to rep f h knowing that only a full house or higher pair could call bet or raise when princxe daale raised all in i didnt even notice his low stack but auto folded not being able to beat board simple as that sorry you saw that as cheating i disaprove of cheating also i didnt even know of these doubts so thanks for bringing to my attention as i had not read these threads

Old
knockout festivals - Tue Feb 07, 2012, 11:45 PM
(#5)
SilverStar
hi there been a few days already doesnt anyone at your end know about this promotion the beginningwas advertised lol but it appears to have ended same day certainly doesnt appear to be what i would expect from a festval perhaps top cat may know as he presented original game

Old
Wed Feb 08, 2012, 05:46 AM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2011
Hey greycowboy,

We will announce informations about this soon. Please stay tuned and thanks for being part here at PSO.

Regards,
Christopher

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Christopher

Old
Wed Feb 08, 2012, 01:33 PM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2010
Chris , Any truth in the rumour that the Knockout Festival is to be re-named the " Titanic tournament " I believe that sank without trace also.

Old
Wed Feb 08, 2012, 03:11 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Well JWK is working on your answer,can you explain this Greycowboy?

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...ght=greycowboy

This always bothered me and wonder if you have a explanation.
Cookies, in the future, please don't derail a thread, especially one with a question for support, in this manner. If you wish to address the issue you bring up, simply do it in the thread you quoted and linked. That is where it is appropriate. This forum is not for anything but questions/feedback on PSO matters. Please be careful that posts are relevant and constructive per the TOS.
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greycowboy View Post
hi there cant remember exactly but vaguely remember hand sorry to see it opened such a can of worms i believe had a small flush draw i bet the river to rep f h knowing that only a full house or higher pair could call bet or raise when princxe daale raised all in i didnt even notice his low stack but auto folded not being able to beat board simple as that sorry you saw that as cheating i disaprove of cheating also i didnt even know of these doubts so thanks for bringing to my attention as i had not read these threads
Realize that you don't have to explain every action that you perform at a table. You can as you have, but that is giving away information. I understand the need to keep yourself looking "clean" as no one likes cheating, but in an honest play like this, it is information. Members have the ability to email security@pokerstars.com with their concerns including details like players involved and the rest. Security will be able to look at things like past relationships, occurrence of frequent play together, etc. Members will then get a reply once an investigation is complete. Members shouldn't rely on defender's statements here anyways. If they are dishonest at the table, wouldn't they be here also? It goes both ways.
The impotence is on the accusing and Security to enlighten on what happened, not the defending member if it's honest and just giving info away. Just a suggestion..like I said, there is value in being friendly and upright, but no one should feel forced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatehouse999 View Post
Chris , Any truth in the rumour that the Knockout Festival is to be re-named the " Titanic tournament " I believe that sank without trace also.
Again, please keep these support threads on topic, relevant, and constructive.
2 out of 3 is bad here.

Thanks everyone for being part of PSO.

Last edited by !!!111Dan; Wed Feb 08, 2012 at 03:14 PM..

Old
Wed Feb 08, 2012, 08:26 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
Dan how do you suggest I go about things,it has become clear I post in your new members forum and its seen as trolling and now you see my posts in other forum as derailing! When are you going to put the cards on the table and just say what you feel,as its becoming clear you have a issue with me.

If some one had accused me of something I would want to know and I was trying to be helpful here and point it out,I was also curious. I had attempted other routes in the past to no avail and when I saw this post I felt it was the best place to ask this question.
You seem to neglect the fact that he doesnt post here often and never replied to the orignal post which should tell you he is only in this forum for this one question! So telling me to bump the old thread would be pointless.

I did not know there where rules for this forum,as I never saw any posted! So forgive me for stepping on your shoes! Maybe if you guys had rules posted or even a little blurb on what the forums are for we wouldn't have these issues and need scolding.

Ps. Your reasoning for the guilty party responding is missing the reason it is important. I could go off on a tangent but I was not looking to derail and thought I was helping the OP out.

Sorry for the derail

Old
Wed Feb 08, 2012, 11:20 PM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Dan how do you suggest I go about things,it has become clear I post in your new members forum and its seen as trolling and now you see my posts in other forum as derailing! When are you going to put the cards on the table and just say what you feel,as its becoming clear you have a issue with me.

If some one had accused me of something I would want to know and I was trying to be helpful here and point it out,I was also curious. I had attempted other routes in the past to no avail and when I saw this post I felt it was the best place to ask this question.
You seem to neglect the fact that he doesnt post here often and never replied to the orignal post which should tell you he is only in this forum for this one question! So telling me to bump the old thread would be pointless.

I did not know there where rules for this forum,as I never saw any posted! So forgive me for stepping on your shoes! Maybe if you guys had rules posted or even a little blurb on what the forums are for we wouldn't have these issues and need scolding.

Ps. Your reasoning for the guilty party responding is missing the reason it is important. I could go off on a tangent but I was not looking to derail and thought I was helping the OP out.

Sorry for the derail

I'm not sure what you're referring to about you "trolling" in the new members forum. I don't recall you doing that there. We used to have a lot of people welcome newbies, but not lately. I wish more people did respond to introductions just to say hi or offer help. It's not "my" forum, it's all of ours.

The forum rules are posted in a sticky thread at the top of the PSO Support Center Forum. They used to be in the General Forum. They've been there since June of 2010, when PSO began with PokerStars.
You can read what each forum is for by hitting the Forum tab up top. The index that appears has a description below each heading.

We just want members to stay on topic.
This could have easily been dealt with in the thread you linked and copied into this thread. If the member didn't respond there, send them a PM. If that doesn't work, you could post "sent you a pm" here. Then allow them to discuss it in the appropriate thread. Don't forget, there may be parties that wish to hear this discussion in THAT thread, so it doesn't make sense to do it here.
Whether he responds in the original thread or not is his decision. It doesn't mean it's okay to bring it up elsewhere. Again, if members feel something is wrong, then they should report it and security should be handling these matters, not members.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Last edited by !!!111Dan; Thu Feb 09, 2012 at 11:03 AM..

Old
Thu Feb 09, 2012, 08:08 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
Whatever.. It feels like I say "white" you will say "black"!
I can tell you just want to be right,so congratulations you win!
Not that it changes the way I operate one bit.

Old
Fri Feb 10, 2012, 05:17 AM
(#12)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Aha. Split personality. I thought so

Old
Fri Feb 10, 2012, 06:24 AM
(#13)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greycowboy View Post
hi there been a few days already......
Morning Greycowboy,

Just to respond to your query a new date was announced today by PSO.

You can find more details HERE

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
i see cookies - Sun Feb 12, 2012, 09:07 PM
(#14)
SilverStar
i feel i have to intercede on behalf of isee cookies at the time of the incident when i was under suspision of cheating at no time did pso inform me or ask for explanation the fact they found no cause for suspicion and exonerated me in some part was to there credit but apparently they made a note of it in records i wonder what they would have done if they found some way to link me to the other player i could have faced some form of punishment for what was a mistake due to a lapse in concentration had pso informed me there would have been no need for me to explain myself or give away information this was a lacking on psos part and im thankful to iseecookies for bringing it up where and when he did

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com