Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

august cheating

Old
august cheating - Sun Feb 05, 2012, 07:40 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2010
SilverStar
it appears that n august i was accused of cheating i was not aware of this till now it has only just been brought to my attention by another player no questions were put to me by pstars at time and simply what had happened was i bet the river not able to beat board with a bluff when my opponent shoved all in not realising that this was a raise of only 6 chips to a 1000 bet i auto folded i hope this satisfys all concerned i am concerned that this has gone on without anybody contacting me on the issue bringing my integrity into question without chance of defending myself until now happy trails and yeeeeha

Old
Sun Feb 05, 2012, 07:56 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
6 chips is extreme but i've seen you make similar plays (against me as well), so, i never thought you were cheating.

maybe you should consider adjusting ???????

Old
Sun Feb 05, 2012, 11:06 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Your not a cheat GC m8.
I play against you everyday.
Your a MANIAC !!!!
But never a cheat m8.

See you later on GC. Yeeeeeeeee Haaaaahhhhhh

Old
Sun Feb 05, 2012, 11:08 AM
(#4)
You are such a Donk Cowboy and you would call with the RULES card and a JOKER but no way did you cheat, I think you had a SENIOR moment, lol

Old
Sun Feb 05, 2012, 11:15 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
Did someone call?

Old
Sun Feb 05, 2012, 11:24 AM
(#6)
on 2nd thought .........

i think i would have admitted the cheating rather than the play even if it wasn't true.

Old
Sun Feb 05, 2012, 12:58 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Hi GreyCowboy.

At the time that post was up, I too thought something was VERY WRONG with your fold. Obviously though, the best we can do is leave it up to Poker Stars to investigate.

Per your explanation, it is perfectly understandable...a lot of people over-use auto action buttons.

I would urge you to NOT use them as much in the future. I mean in the hand in question, putting in 1200 then FOLDING to an all in of 6 more chips, is pure spew. I mean even if you are playing board, on just that 1 street you are getting like 400 to 1 to call 6 more. You HAVE to think that at least 1/4 of 1% of the time the Villain might be playing board too...

Just remember, the biggest mistake in poker often is NOT calling with a 2nd best hand and losing, but rather putting a significant portion of your chips into the pot then FOLDING. At least getting in "bad" you often have a chance to suck out, but when you fold after putting a ton of chips in, you give up ANY chance of getting those chips back.

Hope it helps.

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 05, 2012, 01:11 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post
Hi GreyCowboy.

At the time that post was up, I too thought something was VERY WRONG with your fold. Obviously though, the best we can do is leave it up to Poker Stars to investigate.

Per your explanation, it is perfectly understandable...
^^This. Obviously if you are pure bluffing and actually playing the board you aren't calling.

You have to understand though that when you make this action, to everyone who can't see your hole cards it looks like a blatant chip dump. You WILL get reported for it (I hope players would report what appears to be blatant chip dumping). The reason PokerStars wouldn't contact you is that when they investigate they have the ability to see the cards, and they see presumably no history or link between you and whoever won the pot, and they understand what happened was very likely not an intentional chip dump. So they have no reason to contact you imo

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 05, 2012, 01:25 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
^^This. Obviously if you are pure bluffing and actually playing the board you aren't calling.

You have to understand though that when you make this action, to everyone who can't see your hole cards it looks like a blatant chip dump. You WILL get reported for it (I hope players would report what appears to be blatant chip dumping). The reason PokerStars wouldn't contact you is that when they investigate they have the ability to see the cards, and they see presumably no history or link between you and whoever won the pot, and they understand what happened was very likely not an intentional chip dump. So they have no reason to contact you imo
He bet 1200, and then folded to 6 more in a raise. I'm sorry Dave, even if I am bluffing and playing board, I gotta call that...

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 05, 2012, 02:38 PM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
*** moved to better fitting forum JWK24***

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 05, 2012, 03:08 PM
(#11)
Since: May 2011
Sorry, but I find it unlikely that anyone would use the auto action buttons in that spot. Cowboy was the initial raiser on the river. With that said, I don't think there was any chip dumping involved anyways, just a stupid fold. ....

Old
Sun Feb 05, 2012, 05:58 PM
(#12)
Since: Feb 2010
I don't know Grey Cowboy well at all, but we do play in similar games, UK & PSO Leagues. I don't think we've ever chatted extensively apart from maybe the occassional 'gg' 'nh' 'wp' type comments. My notes and my experience of playing against him show him to be a regular with a good skill set at the type of games I come across him in. I remember the original thread and thinking no way was it a cheat move, and once the PS support report was posted I was satisfied.

It is good that PSO members are vigilant, but a single instance like this that looks a bit iffy is no reason to bad name someone. Report it and await the results of PS investigations. I have reported a lot of stuff myself, particularly in the UK league games, where over friendly players openly chip dump to each other, often writing in chat they are giving them away - and that includes reporting instances involving people I know quite well.

The type of error/bad play/misclick here is something I could easily imagine myself doing, especially as I am not always paying 100% attention to the games that are free to enter when my other tables are cash ring games or cash buy in sitngos.

My advice is be vigilant, but don't overdo it. The first thing to do is to get it reported. Bill did that and the report was clean and to my mind this didn't need to be also discussed in the forums. As it has been, it serves as a reminder to all of us, we are being watched, we will be picked up on stuff that looks odd, but also we have to be careful of decrying those who make simple innocent mistakes. I had assumed GC was aware of the original thread, which he obviously wasn't so well done to him for stepping up to explain, even though strictly it should not have been necessary.

Good luck all

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Wed Feb 08, 2012, 12:03 AM
(#13)
SilverStar
thanks ed for support appreciate your comments g l and yeeeeeha

Old
Wed Feb 08, 2012, 12:17 AM
(#14)
SilverStar
thanks 4 comments just to carify when i say auto fold i not talkin about buttons im talkin mindset id decided to fold to any raise as couldnt beat board and figured no on would raise all in if couldnt beat board themselves once i c betted i play several games at once did not realise the small amount involved to call the all in these things happen altho i was never approached at the time by pso on the subject obviously seeing i was behind in hand at least the board the easily deduce nochip dumpnow6 chips is a bit extreme i grant you but sometimes this can still be a good fold if say the raise was say an extra 1 or 2 big blinds and you shorter stack could be read as avalue bet thanks 4 your imput happy trailks yeeeeha

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com