Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

sugestion for skill league

Old
sugestion for skill league - Fri Feb 10, 2012, 04:04 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Hello a good sugestion if no one as mentioned it before would be to remove the small prize pool, this way only serious players would play and not those looking for the small prize for 1st etc.

Old
Fri Feb 10, 2012, 04:18 AM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2010
No one has mentioned this a million times HAPPY

Old
Fri Feb 10, 2012, 04:23 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYSAP View Post
No one has mentioned this a million times HAPPY
well thats why i put if no one as mentioned it before, how am i suppose to know, nether seen it myself so thought i would make sure,so you could of just said it as been mentioned instead of you know,try being civil it helps.

Old
Fri Feb 10, 2012, 05:05 AM
(#4)
That was civil

Old
Fri Feb 10, 2012, 05:13 AM
(#5)
[QUOTE=HAPPYSAP;335731]That was civil [/QUOTE

ok off cause,thats why i commented back to you,your saying im boring or something. ,from a premier league player up in the ranks,nearly proffessional i would expect that sort of arrogance.Why not try posting some skill full tips instead of mocking people.
ridiculous.

Old
Fri Feb 10, 2012, 05:26 AM
(#6)
[QUOTE=holdemace486;335734]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYSAP View Post
That was civil [/QUOTE

ok off cause,thats why i commented back to you,your saying im boring or something. ,from a premier league player up in the ranks,nearly proffessional i would expect that sort of arrogance.Why not try posting some skill full tips instead of mocking people.
ridiculous.
Im no where near wot u think m8 .i play for fun alone. open league advise is clock every hand and only play premium hands AA KK and so on. Try only to get it all in v one player. gl this month HAPPY

Old
Fri Feb 10, 2012, 05:58 AM
(#7)
[QUOTE=HAPPYSAP;335737]
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
Im no where near wot u think m8 .i play for fun alone. open league advise is clock every hand and only play premium hands AA KK and so on. Try only to get it all in v one player. gl this month HAPPY
my apologies happy i took that the wrong way gl.

Old
Fri Feb 10, 2012, 06:29 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
Hello a good sugestion if no one as mentioned it before would be to remove the small prize pool, this way only serious players would play and not those looking for the small prize for 1st etc.
what about the serious players with a small bankroll that can't earn the required vpps for the high prizes?

Old
Fri Feb 10, 2012, 07:22 PM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
OK before this needs to go further there HAS TO BE a $ prize pool for Stars to calibrate the points under the scoring system they use.

If you are a "serious" player that can't exploit the pennychaser's in a month long process then you are more a player in need of "serious" help with your game. Or at least your situational adaptability prowess---which,FYI,IS a huge part of being a winning player.

Don't fret,once Americans are allowed back there will be plenty of us who will show you how to be successful in the league.

Old
Thu Feb 16, 2012, 06:32 PM
(#10)
Since: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Don't fret,once Americans are allowed back there will be plenty of us who will show you how to be successful in the league.
For my first post, I was going to ask that. Wonder if this league has Mixed Game tournaments

Old
Thu Feb 16, 2012, 06:46 PM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi evansaki!

Welcome to the forum.

The only tourneys currently are NLHE (No Limit Hold Em) and are not offered to US players, as the US players cannot play in any tourney with cash prizes or tickets awarded.
There is course material, videos and a limited number of live training sessions on other games currently too.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JWK24; Mon Mar 05, 2012 at 05:45 PM..

Old
Fri Feb 17, 2012, 01:11 AM
(#12)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by evansaki View Post
For my first post, I was going to ask that. Wonder if this league has Mixed Game tournaments
No, the league is NLHE only. Hope this helps.

ps Welcome to the forum!!

Old
Wed Feb 22, 2012, 07:30 AM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerzaine View Post
what about the serious players with a small bankroll that can't earn the required vpps for the high prizes?

Depends on what level of VPP's you wish to obtain , above 20 for OL or 150+ for Prem
I am at present in the Premier League but will be relegated , , to the Open League for next month
As of Sunday the 12th I had 0 br and 0 VPP's
After bubbling a Prem game on that Sunday for 11c I have gone on to achieve over an $8 br and nearly 24 VPP's
So it's all possible from zilch
Just find a format , mtt stt s'n'g hu or ring tables , that suits your style to be profitable and the VPP's wil come hand in hand
To make 150+ for the Prem all you have to do is make 5 a day
Hope this helps

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com