Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

ChewMe1 Training: Feedback, FAQ, and Discussion Thread

Old
ChewMe1 Training: Feedback, FAQ, and Discussion Thread - Fri Feb 10, 2012, 07:31 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi guys and girls. This thread is dedicated for YOU to share your thoughts and express your opinions of my sessions.

Your feedback is very important to me so dont be shy, say hi!

Old
Tue Feb 14, 2012, 09:11 AM
(#2)
Hey ChewMe1

There was plenty of good stuff in your 1st 4/180 session - thanks!

I would love to see more from the 4/180s, especially how you approach the second hour of the tourneys with an M in the 6-10 range.

Thanks!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Feb 14, 2012, 05:44 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
Any idea when these will be up to view. Been told good things about them cant wait to watch them.

Old
Wed Feb 15, 2012, 11:48 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
The backlog of videos is pretty big from the change over, but the publishing continues now. They are for the most part being published in chronological order so it will be a bit yet before Chris's get into the archive, but you can follow along the timeline as newly published videos all have the original air date in the title now, and I believe we are going to able to do 2 a day for a while which should help get things caught up. Slowly but surely we are getting there.

Thanks for your patience.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 15, 2012, 12:21 PM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
Cheers dave.

Old
Wed Feb 15, 2012, 04:13 PM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2011
Hi chris

i would also like to see later stages of the tournies. unfortunatly im only able to attend the thursday sessions..i trie to stay awake for the later ones but it just doesnt happen

so to accomodate everyone (give us a finger and we take ur hand lol)
could u do two sessions about the later stages??

i really like ur sessions though

Old
Thu Feb 16, 2012, 02:37 PM
(#7)
AAARG!! is there any way to boost the size of participants??? it sais its full

lucky me!! someone dropped out!! but still isnt 20 participants a little low?

Last edited by ravenqueen76; Thu Feb 16, 2012 at 02:39 PM..

Old
Thu Feb 16, 2012, 05:42 PM
(#8)
Hi folks! Thankyou for the feedback !

Firstly I would like to apologise for my absence in today's live training session. I had severe technical difficulties which prevented from logging into the software needed to make the live training available.

Im very aware that a lot of you guys are keen to see some mid / late stages of 180 man play. I am very eager to give you guys what you want so I will be focusing a lot more of my training sessions based on the 180 mans.

It is difficult for me to have a training session focused on the mid / late stages as I have to register for the games a few hours prior to when the live session goes live as well as building a stack to make it to the later stages. With this in mind I think it's a good idea for me to dig out some hand historys of some 180 mans I either won or made the final table in and go through the hands one by one with you guys in a live training session. All the best, Chris,

Old
Fri Feb 17, 2012, 03:45 AM
(#9)
Using HHs sounds good ChewMe1. It just means more time spent on interesting and relevant situations!

Roland GTX

PS: No worries about the glitch in yesterday's session. Although I would like a refund

Old
Fri Feb 17, 2012, 10:49 AM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenqueen76 View Post
AAARG!! is there any way to boost the size of participants??? it sais its full

lucky me!! someone dropped out!! but still isnt 20 participants a little low?
Hi ravenqueen,

This is the standard setting for new trainers. It's actually 30 total participant slots... 20 open up at the start of registration, then 10 more are added when the room opens at 15 minutes before session start. We limit this because it takes some time as a new trainer to get comfortable with playing, commentating, running the training tool, and managing the chat box/answering questions all at the same time. By limiting the number of "participants" (those who can type in the chat box) we hope to make the classroom more manageable during this learning process. I'll expand the number of participant slots after Chris has a few more sessions under his belt and is ready to manage a larger volume of chat box activity.

Please be aware that there are always ample "viewer" slots available so everyone who wishes to attend a live session can sit in. "Viewers" can see and hear everything, just not type in the chat box.

Regards,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 18, 2012, 12:24 PM
(#11)
TX Dave

hadnt thought of that lol.. its probably a very good idea to limit the participants in the beginning, especcialy when its the regulars

Old
Thu Feb 23, 2012, 04:56 AM
(#12)
hey guys,

is there anywhere we can see the videos of chris' training sessions? So far he is one of the best that i have followed and would love to see what i missed. I do also have some questions about MTT strategy and would love to know who i can ask and where i can post my question to get some good advise from the pros. Thanks guys

Old
Thu Feb 23, 2012, 05:24 AM
(#13)
Since: Sep 2010
Hiya aga. Videos from Chris will be stored at the 'Video' link on the top of the page. They have been filmed but will take some time to archive. As soon as they're done, a new section will be created for Chris and the videos will be added.

The MTT Strategy forum is here:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/articles/Poker-Videos

You can post there, or alternatively you can ask Chris questions in his live sessions.

If you have any more questions, feel free to post them or shoot me a PM.

Old
Wed Mar 07, 2012, 02:47 PM
(#14)
Since: Mar 2011
I was just looking at the calendar and for me to watch or participate for tomorrows do I have to have 20VPP ?

As I do not have that many

Thanks Rolo

Old
Wed Mar 07, 2012, 02:59 PM
(#15)
Since: Nov 2007
If you have 20 VPP from last month you still qualify.

Just to add that I am very impressed with Chris, great manner, and keep it very straight forward and easy to understand.

Cheers,

Tony

Old
Thu Mar 08, 2012, 10:53 AM
(#16)
Since: Mar 2011
I dont think ive ever had 20VPP (although I will have to check)...but I wanted to attend his training

hmm not sure how I find out if I had them last month my total for the year is 20 so i doubt I go tthem all in one month

I dont really understand VPP(along with a lot of things pokerrelated lol)...so if I have 20 in total will I be allowed in?

If noone answers I will obv just try unless they very late my time as Im not sure of the timings

Old
Thu Mar 08, 2012, 05:52 PM
(#17)
Since: May 2011
My computer died so I only got to see a few minutes of the session, but congratulations to the 2nd place! Would be great to see more middle stages/late game play since that's where the crucial decicions have to be made. Enjoying all your sessions so far!

Old
Fri Mar 09, 2012, 04:36 PM
(#18)
Thankyou for the comments and suggestions thus far. I have read them and taken them all into account and will certainly be implementing them into my live sessions.

Im not very familiar with how the fpp system works so im unable to give out any advice on that matter, I suggest asking other members or a moderator for assistance with that

I hope you are all killing it at the tables! GL !

Last edited by ChewMe1; Fri Mar 09, 2012 at 04:37 PM.. Reason: Typo's :(

Old
Thu Apr 05, 2012, 04:48 PM
(#19)
Hey all, just a quick reminder that I will be reviewing a PSO members $4.50 180 man sng later on this month. I have had a few emailed to me already and they fit the criteria needed ( which is at least to make it to the last 3 tables or better )

I plan on reviewing a $4.50 180 man every month as long as I get good feedback from you guys and that you find it beneficial.

So with that being said if you would like your $4.50 180 man hand history reviewed please email it to
chewme1@mypokerschoolonline.com

Thanks, Chris.

Last edited by ChewMe1; Sat Apr 07, 2012 at 11:36 AM..

Old
Wed May 02, 2012, 12:36 AM
(#20)
Just a quick to post to tell everybody that attended my class today ( Micro/Low stake MTT's - lets get ready for scoop ) that I took 2nd place in the $1.10 1000 player cap MTT.

If enough of you guys would like to see a hand review of the tournament then I will be more than happy to do so. I'm look forward to our next few sessions.... SCOOOOOOOOOOOOP xD

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com