Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Software & Videos & Literature /

'scope

Old
'scope - Sat Feb 11, 2012, 02:43 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
I have a bit of trouble understanding Sharkscope's "reasoning".

If my average ROI is 50%, why are my avg. profit and stake zero?
Maybe because my total profit of $18 (I play really small stuff, I'm learning) and my stake levels (.25 SNGs) are below their level of contempt?

Old
Sat Feb 11, 2012, 04:15 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Don!

First bit of advice.... don't have this running while the PS client is running (as it's against the TOS).

They also don't track every type of tourney and miss some tournies, so this could be playing into it.
If all of your tourneys are at the same level, with a 50% ROI, then you should have an even or positive profit. Also, another thing that can make the profit numbers negative would be that a player did not cash in the larger buy-in amount tournies that they've played.... but cashed in more of the lower buy-in tournies.

Most of the tracking sites are the same way... while they're mostly accurate, they miss or don't track some types of tournies.

Hope this helps.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 11, 2012, 04:59 PM
(#3)
Yes, I was aware that it's against TOS, read it somewhere, but thanks for the advice anyway.
Last I checked though, Sharkscope was not allowed, put Pokerprolabs, which essentially gives the same info, was explicitly allowed... figure that.
I mainly use it to track myself, and people in the forum when I'm not playing - you know, horses and stuff, out of curiosity, so it's not a problem anyway.

I do prolab some particularly obnoxious players in tourneys sometimes... doesn't really give me an advantage I think, so far I've got 100% total-donk confirmation...

Anyway, all my tourneys are tracked correctly.
My average profit is not negative, it's zero. I guess that could go with 50% ROI, 0x1.5=0, but the total profit being $18... I'm sticking with my below-contempt-level theory for the moment :)

Old
Sat Feb 11, 2012, 05:05 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don B. Cilly View Post
Yes, I was aware that it's against TOS, read it somewhere, but thanks for the advice anyway.
Last I checked though, Sharkscope was not allowed, put Pokerprolabs, which essentially gives the same info, was explicitly allowed... figure that.
I mainly use it to track myself, and people in the forum when I'm not playing - you know, horses and stuff, out of curiosity, so it's not a problem anyway.

I do prolab some particularly obnoxious players in tourneys sometimes... doesn't really give me an advantage I think, so far I've got 100% total-donk confirmation...

Anyway, all my tourneys are tracked correctly.
My average profit is not negative, it's zero. I guess that could go with 50% ROI, 0x1.5=0, but the total profit being $18... I'm sticking with my below-contempt-level theory for the moment
Me ?

Old
Sat Feb 11, 2012, 05:05 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
The minimum values for average profit and stake are $1. So whilst your ROI will be recorded, the $ values will not.

Old
Sat Feb 11, 2012, 05:11 PM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Oh. And something else as I'm a few too many drinks down the line and feeling a little obnoxious. If Stars aren't capable of identifying dozens of multi accounters in each PSO game without our assistance, do you really think they're monitoring what web page is currently open in your browser ?

Goodnight.

Old
Sat Feb 11, 2012, 05:25 PM
(#7)
Thanks D., that confirms my below-contempt-level theory.
Which is all good anyway, the graph resumes my results just fine, I was just curious.

m.b., no, not you :)

There was this player from Luxemburg, last 45-man I played, yesterday...
(BTW, I just played your knockout home game, got 2nd :( of 4), no payout except one .02 knockout, run into KK with 99 when 40 chips ahead on the HU, you weren't even there :).

Anyway this character, he built up such a hate club, everyone stayed railing just to see him go, he was as annoying as it gets, big-raising with things like 48o, and getting the hands... pff... he finished 5th, I finished 4th, he got insulted all the way to St. Petersburg, and was swearing back big time... we all pokerprolabbed him, according to the graphs (solid red) it was his first ITM finish ever.. it was good fun actually.

My only insult was " he must be a banker" (I was having a laugh), and the rest of the crowd were quite civilised considering, he was the only gross one, but boy, was he annoying.

Old
Sat Feb 11, 2012, 06:37 PM
(#8)
Since: Sep 2010
Happy almost birthday Cilly!

Sharkscope reads my average profit as being $0 as well, I assume because it's between $0 and $1. I find that PPL is incredibly inaccurate for my own results, but Sharkscope is incredibly accurate. It just doesn't like to round up, I guess.

Old
Sat Feb 11, 2012, 06:59 PM
(#9)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
Can u find out whats your best game type on there?

Old
Sat Feb 11, 2012, 07:50 PM
(#10)
Since: Sep 2010
I ran out of searches before I found out. Search for yourself and fiddle with 'More Options'. You don't get many searches unless you're registered, though.

Old
Sat Feb 11, 2012, 07:51 PM
(#11)
Thanks PP.
As Darkman says, they only care for $1 and above, so my stakes (and I guess yours) are below them.

I find PPL very accurate for mine, but I only play 45-man .25 SNG... well almost exclusively, but pretty much.

@m.b., I don't know, but as I only play the above, NLHE...

Old
Sat Feb 11, 2012, 09:01 PM
(#12)
Deleted user
I hate to jump in and bash Stars but even one of the most popular poker forums shows you how
to use programs that you can copy and paste full stats in to the box and the members discussing this are higher limit players.

What I think would make a great post is how we all read these stats to exploit play.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com