Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

45 V 90s

Old
45 V 90s - Sat Feb 11, 2012, 03:02 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2010
ChromeStar
i m sitting here on the weekend doing the challenge and i m looking at my finishes.90 s top 1/3 ,45s middle 1/3. Curious!!
then i burn a few brain cells and come up with a theory. Could it be that 45s attract more of your casual week end atc players in for "a quick game or two" while the 90 s attract a more serious crowd??
what y all think?

gl y all

Old
Sat Feb 11, 2012, 04:48 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetmoose 613 View Post
i m sitting here on the weekend doing the challenge and i m looking at my finishes.90 s top 1/3 ,45s middle 1/3. Curious!!
then i burn a few brain cells and come up with a theory. Could it be that 45s attract more of your casual week end atc players in for "a quick game or two" while the 90 s attract a more serious crowd??
what y all think?

gl y all

I think it COULD be that there are more players interested in playing a somewhat better game of poker moose,but I think that the structure is likely to be the bigger factor in your discrepancy of finishes in the top in the 90's versus the 45's.

Here's my reasoning...

You have 1500 starting chips in both games but the 90 mans have 15 minute blind levels versus 10 minute blinds in the 45 mans. That's going to put you in more push/fold spots at the late middle-level stage of the 45 mans.Whereas in the 90 mans you'll generally still have enough chips to still be playing a standard game or maybe at most aggressive with a re-steal stack.

More pushing in the middle stages is going to lead to more bust outs.

Old
Sat Feb 11, 2012, 10:43 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
ChromeStar
sorry i m doing turbos both have 5 min blinds so i cant see that as a reason.
i might also add that when you get to the last two tables in the 90 s it seems everyone has a better understanding of what is going on as opposed to a final table in a 45 where not everyone does and can be exploited easier.
gl y all

Old
Sun Feb 12, 2012, 10:17 AM
(#4)
Since: May 2011
Good observation, wetmoose. It definitely seems like the players in the 90 mans make less mistakes in the bubble and forth, even in the micros like the 50c ones. Makes a lot of sense though since the payout is larger and they're more time effective when you win compared to the 45 man which obviously attracts the grinders. Most of them are really difficult to exploit and having one or two on your immediate left sucks big time. ....

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com