Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Thoughts on Premier League

Old
Thoughts on Premier League - Sat Feb 11, 2012, 08:29 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
So after listening to the advice and playing super tight in the open League I get to play the Premier League.

I have only played one Premier League game and that was at 2am in the month I got a ticket in error. So I was looking forward to this.

Due to work i can only play the 8pm game but that's ok. SO i was a bit concerned when i read in the forums that the Premier is full of the shove monkeys playing any two, but wanted to see for my self.

I have to say the only bad shove i have seen so far was first hand of one game and as it was from me with JJ i cant really complain that much.

I was a little down after the first 3 games all negative points for me, back to the Open sign but i took heart from posts from Ed how it is possible to come back.

Well i have played 9 games now and stand in 133rd place.
frasierbeams sits in 456th place after playing 15 games.

Why mention him? Well after Last nights game he offered me a $100 wager that he would finish higher than me. I declined, but thought it may be fun to see how we both end up.

So what do i think so far. So good play seems to me to be tighter than a normal MTT and i'm playing the same after all points is the name of the game.

well thats all for now

good luck at the tables

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 11, 2012, 08:43 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2010
Good to see you taking a shot at the Prem, and don't worry too much about a few bad results - as you know already a couple of good finishes more than makes up for it.

You will need to run good to have a shot at the high prizes - but if you check out the winners over the last few months you will see it can be done within a game a day (or maybe slightly more).

Plus it is a much better game to practice your poker than the OSL

Good luck Gb et al

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Sat Feb 11, 2012, 08:53 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
Good luck,hope you settle higher than the villian.

As for accepting wagers,I tend to not accept unless I know the player.
Way to often I would challenge a guy and they would not pay,besides the fact that if they win you then send them funds. What happens if that player is a multi account,you then are under scrutiny from Pokerstars. Just not worth it.

Old
Sat Feb 11, 2012, 08:58 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Good luck,hope you settle higher than the villian.

As for accepting wagers,I tend to not accept unless I know the player.
Way to often I would challenge a guy and they would not pay,besides the fact that if they win you then send them funds. What happens if that player is a multi account,you then are under scrutiny from Pokerstars. Just not worth it.
Absolutely agree with this - just no need to get involved - always looks fishy unless you really do know the other player well - and either this was a joke or they are playing some angle because the sum they quote is way off any friendly little side bet.

Just crush the league Grade b and enjoy yourself along the way.

Old
Sat Feb 11, 2012, 09:21 PM
(#5)
TY guys,

Yes $100 is little strange

Having fun so far.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 11, 2012, 10:34 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2011
ChromeStar
I think I have played 3 or 4, and honestly, this is some of those most boring MTT games I have ever been involved in.

Its nit nit nit, low betting, lots of preflop raises followed by check check check to the river.

Sure the competetion is tougher, but man alive, I have more excitement watching paint dry than playing these games.

Two times I have been in top 20 and just gave up and went back to homework due to the lack of anyone actually playing any hands !!! lol

Thank god I am on a massive heater playing my Omaha games and got the BR in triple digits !!!

I think for me personally, I am done with the leagues for now, just not fun anymore, and not worth the time investment if I am not able to play at least 2 a day to keep up with the leaders.

Cheers

Skiny

Old
Sat Feb 11, 2012, 10:40 PM
(#7)
well skinny playing less than one i day i look forward to 20 bucks this month.

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 11, 2012, 10:56 PM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2011
ChromeStar
Lets say I started to play and did about 25 games this month and still finished about where you are right now.

Since I only had just over 100 VPP and dont qualify for squat, I would earn 2.00 total for the month, whereas you get 20.00 with 150 VPP.

Soooo.....

25 tourn X 2 hours per(min) = 50 hours
50 hours/2.00 = about .04 cents an hour invested.

But ya know I love ya G and always rail and support !!! You know I wish you best of luck and hope you take the Premier by storm and get a huge prize !!!!!

For me though, the effort is not worth it.

Old
Sat Feb 11, 2012, 11:51 PM
(#9)
Since: Dec 2010
ChromeStar
this isn t fair all the good guys get into the pl and my game goes in the tank.
give em what for but be kind to the furry animals.
gl y all

its official!
after whatever months in the pl i m now one of the 100 worst players

Last edited by wetmoose 613; Sun Feb 12, 2012 at 07:43 AM.. Reason: add on

Old
Sat Feb 18, 2012, 02:30 PM
(#10)
Update time.

just over half way though, I have managed 15 games and sit in 190th place.

Our friendly Villain Frasierbeams sits in 172nd having played 30 games.

On the plus side he has stopped railing random tables. hopefully i can give it a push this weekend and jump up a few spots.

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 18, 2012, 03:59 PM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2011
Ok B,

In the name of Friendly wagers, I'll put up $5 bucks That I finish higher than you. And you have me crushed right now. I've only played a handfull of games and am sitting in 385.

And please don't take this as a sign of disrespect. I completely respect your game, I just like a challenge!

What do you say?

(Wager to be paid by the 3rd of March. That way it can come out of any winnings we might get! )

L8r,

Old
Thu Mar 01, 2012, 10:28 AM
(#12)
Hi all,

So the month is over and after a heartwrenching game last night (made 3rdand 97 points) i finished ...

Drum roll...196th played 24 games

Frasierbeams came in 207th.

More thoughts later

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 01, 2012, 10:43 AM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
Hi all,

So the month is over and after a heartwrenching game last night (made 3rdand 97 points) i finished ...

Drum roll...196th played 24 games

Frasierbeams came in 207th.

More thoughts later

Grade b
Nice final game Grade b - I didn't play the last day having busted early on my final game the day before and knowing I would need the kind of finish you got there twice over to improve to the top 80 I just had an early night.

I finished 282nd from 24 games for my $20.00 and I am more than happy with that.

It sure beats the mega-grind I did last month in the Open for 22nd place and $10. Plus I get another shot at the $5k top prize in the Premier in March.

Good luck for this month.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com