Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

A Fond Farewell to Friends.

Old
A Fond Farewell to Friends. - Sun Feb 12, 2012, 12:16 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
A sad day indeed. Tonight I've been informed that my services are no longer desired here.

With that, I don't believe I'll be around much, as this place and all of you have meant a lot to me. To be around would be very hard.

I still remember the small thrill of receiving a PM from our old PSO Admin who simply said "I've really been impressed by your interaction in our forum, particularly with the new members." Then she offered me a position to be the new members coordinator. I even had to caution her that I didn't have much computer skills except that I can type pretty fast,...and there was that one little time I got warned for going off on a member. But he had it coming.

She was more than cool and still offered me the position. It wasn't a lot of money, but enough for this stay at home dad to be able to do things with the little man, get the wife a present now and then, and support the nasty habit of smoking without having to ask anyone for help. I still won't, but I'll probably give up the smokes now.

I encourage all of you to do what makes you better at the game you love. Be patient, learn all you can, and develop your play to it's maximum potential.

To everyone who has made a positive difference in my life by being a part of here, I wish you nothing but the best. Though I never "met" any of you, I considered so many friends.
Moxie, stay the voice of reason. If I would have followed your advice, my vested interest wouldn't be so strong, which tells me that I must leave, at least for a while. You are the man.
Effsea, keep up the things you do that actually make the community closer. There are very few who do so.
Roomik, people just don't get you, and they need to try. (You guys need to laugh now and then.)
Cowboy, you're one of the first people here who made me feel wanted by staying on me to come into Vent and be part of the corral. I can't thank you enough for that.
And the countless others who I just can't bring myself to talk about because it is hard, please, please know that the sincere talks we've had have meant everything to me. I do hope to see you soon.

I would rather not go into anything about what I feel is right or wrong with this decision, but merely leave you with a song. Funny how the least recognized member of this band is....well...you'll see..or hear.
The song is a tribute to soldiers who do what must be done (suffer cold, and give and find no mercy) to build a dream for me and you. That interpretation is for each individual to ponder.

Part 1,
Part 2,
Part 3.

I wish you all the best o' luck in realizing your dreams.

Your friend always,
Dano

Old
Sun Feb 12, 2012, 12:39 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Man I stop in for a few minutes and you're going to go ?

sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Old
Sun Feb 12, 2012, 12:44 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
Dan ..

I have always found you pleasant bud. It's a sad day indeed and I for one will miss your incouraging interactions..
You are a smart individual and a great friend indeed ..

your friend
Nic

Old
Sun Feb 12, 2012, 01:13 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Well if you'll listen to my advice this time,or at least my plea,all I can say is please,please,please do not do this. Or at the least if you feel you need to step back for a spell get back in here as soon as you can wrap your head and heart around it.

The position was just a title Dan,though I know you valued it greatly. It's WHO you are,not what some title says you are,that made and makes you probably the single most beloved person in this gaggle of misfits.

I mean I seriously don't know of anyone who has ever had a bad word to say about you. NO ONE. And it's not because you were a kiss up or anything even approaching that,but because you're a genuinely nice person and could deal out wit and discipline with the touch of a feather. Me,I'd just be looking to truck mofo's upside their domes.

You made peeps feel welcome here far beyond your official duties and I hope,sincerely hope,that you can find a way to continue to do so. This place is getting dark enough as it is.

I'm not going to insult you and turn this into a diatribe against the pinheads who made this call (OK maybe a little diatribe...you'd prolly be let down if I didn't anyways...) but it truly speaks volumes that those who respond to us with silence and arrogance would run off the best friend many peeps,new and old,could ever ask for on this site.

I came here over a year and a half ago looking to make a buck. That was all. It was people like you,eff,brkn,JWK,RO,Jarhead,Pymp McHostick,Helena,SASKitty,ssugs and felipe and so many others that made me care about this place. Honu,roomik and cookies may not want to collide in the same sentence right now but them to. Lang,Cairn and JDean of course. Hell even the (former) shouter...

I see the gift that you brought to this Forum that was yourself be cast aside and then I think on how much I've wanted for you,me and every other US player to be back,truly back,on here every day since 4/15 and now I'm beginning to ask myself why I even give a damn anymore.

Whoever made this call...you have it wrong. It's YOUR services that are no longer desired.

Don't believe me? Own up to what you've done and then ask around.

You know how to reach me if you feel that you need to do this Dano.

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Sun Feb 12, 2012 at 01:15 AM..

Old
Sun Feb 12, 2012, 01:20 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Well if you'll listen to my advice this time,or at least my plea,all I can say is please,please,please do not do this. Or at the least if you feel you need to step back for a spell get back in here as soon as you can wrap your head and heart around it.

The position was just a title Dan,though I know you valued it greatly. It's WHO you are,not what some title says you are,that made and makes you probably the single most beloved person in this gaggle of misfits.

I mean I seriously don't know of anyone who has ever had a bad word to say about you. NO ONE. And it's not because you were a kiss up or anything even approaching that,but because you're a genuinely nice person and could deal out wit and discipline with the touch of a feather. Me,I'd just be looking to truck mofo's upside their domes.

You made peeps feel welcome here far beyond your official duties and I hope,sincerely hope,that you can find a way to continue to do so. This place is getting dark enough as it is.

I'm not going to insult you and turn this into a diatribe against the pinheads who made this call (OK maybe a little diatribe...you'd prolly be let down if I didn't anyways...) but it truly speaks volumes that those who respond to us with silence and arrogance would run off the best friend many peeps,new and old,could ever ask for on this site.

I came here over a year and a half ago looking to make a buck. That was all. It was people like you,eff,brkn,JWK,RO,Jarhead,Pymp McHostick,Helena,SASKitty,ssugs and felipe and so many others that made me care about this place. Honu,roomik and cookies may not want to collide in the same sentence right now but them to. Lang,Cairn and JDean of course. Hell even the (former) shouter...

I see the gift that you brought to this Forum that was yourself be cast aside and then I think on how much I've wanted for you,me and every other US player to be back,truly back,on here every day since 4/15 and now I'm beginning to ask myself why I even give a damn anymore.

Whoever made this call...you have it wrong. It's YOUR services that are no longer desired.

Don't believe me? Own up to what you've done and then ask around.

You know how to reach me if you feel that you need to do this Dano.

Took the words out of my mouth.

Do stop by every now and then.

sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Old
Sun Feb 12, 2012, 02:11 AM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2010
Their loss Dan.
You are one of the good guys

Old
Sun Feb 12, 2012, 02:39 AM
(#7)
Since: Nov 2010
Hope you don't drop off the radar, Dan This place badly needs someone with your reasoned approach to its day-to-day issues. I can't imagine why PSO would want to show you the door. Good luck and come back soon.

Old
Sun Feb 12, 2012, 03:20 AM
(#8)
Since: Sep 2010
PSO's definitely losing one of its better representatives of the forum. I still remember my first post at PSO; It was in the HA forum, and you were the first to respond. Thanks for all the help you've been to all the new members here, Dan.

And yeah, don't leave please. If you do, I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever it is you move on to more than being a mod here, though.

Old
Sun Feb 12, 2012, 03:42 AM
(#9)
Since: Apr 2011
++ what all others have said above
All The Best Dan

All Thee Best
♠♦HighTimes♥♣
[(thank you for Music LED ZEP, is band i grew up Listening Too, i was just about 4{ I was Born in Leap Year} (same time i started playing 5-draw), going too see Song Remains The Same, at local Pict theater with my parents and i asked what was those people smoking in back of theater (1974) But i not heard these Ver of LED ZEP Thank You Again]
There's always a reason for things, May be this is time for u and ur family to be as one better than before!, and teach Dan 2nd to play poker etc! together as one(proven fact we learn most in 3 to 7 time age)

Last edited by 0HighTimes0; Sun Feb 12, 2012 at 04:19 PM.. Reason: [ addded ]

Old
Tis a sad day - Sun Feb 12, 2012, 04:02 AM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
ChromeStar
There are some people that make a forum worth visiting and I always liked seein you here and on the felts in better times. PS is just wrong this time. The forum has become stale , boring etc etc, used to be the first place to get to in the morning and now its maybe once every two weeks or so and not much to comment on anymore.

There is an old saying make new friends but keep the old one is silver the other is gold, the gold seems to be sifting away bit by bit.

You take care and no matter how big a site, company, corporation etc gets its only as good as its people.

Old
Sun Feb 12, 2012, 04:04 AM
(#11)
Since: Apr 2010
Sad to see you go Dan
Was a pleasure "meeting" , playing , pm'ing and chatting to you on Vent & Teamspeak

Old
Sun Feb 12, 2012, 04:30 AM
(#12)
Since: Nov 2011
Hey I don't know man, doesn't no longer being "official" just give you the chance to actually enjoy the forum?

You can say what you want, be reasonably obnoxious, and even say boo to a goose if you feel like it.
So instead of saying, ah, that's a relief, I can talk with my friends in peace, you leave?

Hey, I don't know man... :)

Old
Sun Feb 12, 2012, 05:52 AM
(#13)
Since: Jul 2011
I am sorry to hear that Dan,i do not post comments or use the forum as much as i maybe should but it does not mean that i do not read alot on here which i do nearly everyday and like panicky poker you was one of the first to reply to my posts and ive seen nothing but you being welcoming and helpful to people on here and i think it is a shame that this is happening. Well goodluck dan in your future and hope to still see you on here where your comments and help are highly respected by myself and the community.

Old
Sun Feb 12, 2012, 06:01 AM
(#14)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Flipping a coin... Oh, OK, gonna go with sincere...

Dan, your contributions to the forum, in your official capacity, were always great. Who else would be better to greet the newbies and make them feel welcome?

Aside from that, I hope to see you in the Tank much more often and hope the DC area is treating you well.

Ummmm. The other side of the coin...

Oh hey, I managed to keep my internal filter on tonight.

In a nutshell... Not very happy.

Good job, PSO. Keep up the quality work.

Old
Sun Feb 12, 2012, 06:27 AM
(#15)
Since: Feb 2010
Hey Dan -

Sorry to see you go - no idea why PSO would be advertising for new mods and at the same time release one of the most respected and universally liked members of their staff. It beggars belief. Thanks for the welcome you gave me and all the general help and good advice you have given to all members. Hope to see you around in the future.

Take care

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Sun Feb 12, 2012, 06:29 AM
(#16)
Since: Nov 2011
Hello Dan, I personally have not seen you much on this forum, but going off what the others are saying you will be missed. I wish you well for the future and hope you will stay on the forum, because as an ex mod you have more valuable input to give than most.

Old
Sun Feb 12, 2012, 06:56 AM
(#17)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Dan, I hate seeing guys like you leaving, as I truly believe you're 1 of a kind, helpful, and thought prevoking at the same time. I can guarantee that you will not be replaced, as it's just not possible to replace someone that has as much of a repetoire with the members as you do.

A TRULY SAD DAY WHEN THEY START OFFING THE BEST THIS FORUM HAS TO OFFER!!

take good care Dan, I think I can speak for a lot of members when I say, you will be sadly missed on every level by a majority of this forum.

all I can say is god help the newbie that steps in to fill your gigantic shoes. I'll make their life living hell Mwahahahaha.

I'm taking my complaint to the PSO, you don't rid the people that do help, how about getting rid of that thing that keeps sidestepping all the questions "PSOGeffallener", seems he has more time to take trips to poker events than run this forum.

Old
Sun Feb 12, 2012, 07:56 AM
(#18)
Since: Dec 2010
ChromeStar

Old
Sun Feb 12, 2012, 07:58 AM
(#19)
Since: Sep 2011
Hey Dan,

thanks for all your effort, your engagement and your motivation beside all the countless hours you've invested in PSO, it's really appreciated! Working with you was a pleasure for me, hope to see you around!

Christopher

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Christopher

Old
Sun Feb 12, 2012, 07:59 AM
(#20)
Since: Jul 2010
Holy Shiz...no way

Don't know what to say but what your friends have said already, dano your one of the main reasons why l'm here, l never was a forum guy before, but peeps like you turned me into one.

like a few have said already, and more will after reading that your going, please don't leave.

The place will not be the same without you, dano you are one of the few peeps here that my door is always open, l am for sure a better man knowing you sir, a very sad morning.

l'ts early in the morning here. and l'm trying to think who the eff would think you should no longer work here? l guess another bad move on their part, just wrong,

Very Proud to call you my friend

effsea

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com