Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Would you have played differently?

Old
Would you have played differently? - Sun Feb 12, 2012, 10:24 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
Hand 53, 27man SnG. I was the big chipldr (1700+ over #2, and after losing this hand I was still #2 in chjips...

The question is, would you have played this differently? When the short stack shoved, I intened on flatting him, hoping to induce LadyDi to shove over the top of me. When the guy before me flattedm, I decided otherwise, I didn't wanna play my Kings in a 4-way pot and the shove was intended to get either LadyDi, ptrck or both out of the hand. I would be happy to grab the 1k in dead money from them. Turns out we did go 4 handed, and I had everyone drawing to a 2-outer....

Life sucks sometimes...

Old
Sun Feb 12, 2012, 10:59 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
I think you played that hand and your thoughts on it were really accurate, again some bad luck,
hated when the guy flipped over ak it lessened your outs. I think most players would do the shove in that spot especially with a dominant stack compared to the others who were betting into you.

Old
Sun Feb 12, 2012, 12:40 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Ov3rsight,

I would shove here every time. There is already a huge pot, 2K out there to win, if we can thin the field and iso on the wide all in range that's a great result, if the other players call off with worse hands that's also a great result. No reason to get cute here imo.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 12, 2012, 12:54 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Ov3rsight!

I like the shove here too. KK's the 2nd best preflop hand in hold'em and I'll make a stand in this situation everytime. Unless someone has AA (unlikely, but can happen), then I'll be ahead with a shot to get to an 11.5k stack (which is plenty of chips to not only cash, but to have a very legit shot at winning. With two players having an ace, it even puts the odds more in my favor.

I'm taking this chance and shoving every opportunity that I can in this situation, as the reward is well worth the risk.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com