Home / Community / Forum / PSO Lounge / Off-Topic Discussions /

I am trying to add a graphic to my post - any ideas?

Old
Sat Oct 24, 2015, 05:58 PM
(#21)
Since: Jul 2010
@JWK24 they are just google images, already online

Old
Sat Oct 24, 2015, 06:00 PM
(#22)
its like its not linking once it gets published or in preview but it is seen when I am writing the blog after pasting the url into the url box. I already tried rebooting my pc to see if was something on my side but it is still happening.

Last edited by rez71; Sat Oct 24, 2015 at 06:01 PM.. Reason: added info

Old
Sat Oct 24, 2015, 06:16 PM
(#23)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rez71 View Post
@JWK24 they are just google images, already online
then you need to take the direct link to the image and put into the image box that pops up. It has to be the direct link, not just copy/paste the actual pic.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

5 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 24, 2015, 06:42 PM
(#24)
@JWK24 Thats what I was doing, just taking the image url link . Tried it again using same images but now doing the same thing in preview mode shows a whack-load of coding with a smiley face in it. Makes no sense. I have been able to upload multiple images doing the same thing before but I'm not going to befuddle my mind doing rinse/wash/repeat. Could just be something to do with my choice of images although I did try several different url's to same types of pictures on google images. All were having the same result. Thx tho!

Last edited by rez71; Sat Oct 24, 2015 at 06:42 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old
Sat Dec 19, 2015, 03:54 AM
(#25)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
You can't just copy and paste a photo url into the post, you need to click on the insert picture widget above then paste the photo url into that window when it opens, hope this helps

"A weak player may be a nit but a nit is not necessarily a weak player"

Old
Tue Dec 22, 2015, 10:01 PM
(#26)
Did you get it figured out yet? The way I learned to post images:

1. Goto to Trust Sam's challenge thread.
2. Click "QUOTE" on one of her posts that has an image in it.
3. Observe the text; how she did it.
4. Open this thread in another browser window, and give it a shot.

Good luck!

*EDIT: Looks it you got it down....

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Tonk Shuffle; Tue Dec 22, 2015 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: didn't check up on the first page...

Old
Sat Dec 26, 2015, 09:01 PM
(#27)
An alternate method is to copy the off-site IMAGE URL, and paste it into your comment, between (IMG)&(/IMG), like this:

(IMG)http://i.imgur.com/VxKllsh.gif(/IMG)

BUT - Replace the (Round brackets) with [Square brackets], the off-site image will be displayed within your post, like this:

As you can see, this will display animated '.GIF's, as well as standard static image formats.

Old
Sun Dec 27, 2015, 05:05 AM
(#28)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by NE2win View Post
An alternate method is to copy the off-site IMAGE URL, and paste it into your comment, between (IMG)&(/IMG), like this:

(IMG)http://i.imgur.com/VxKllsh.gif(/IMG)

BUT - Replace the (Round brackets) with [Square brackets], the off-site image will be displayed within your post, like this:

As you can see, this will display animated '.GIF's, as well as standard static image formats.
Nice Train Wreck GIF NE2win.

SL

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com