Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Off-Topic Discussions /

coping ( or not coping) with bad callers

Old
Lightbulb
coping ( or not coping) with bad callers - Mon Feb 13, 2012, 03:36 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
I rec

Last edited by Ycey; Tue Feb 28, 2012 at 12:00 AM..

Old
Mon Feb 13, 2012, 05:11 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hi Ycey!

Welcome to the forums (in case no one has said that to you yet!)

I remember way back in 03/04, I used some FPP to get a special Poker Stars logo'ed "stress star".

I used to squeeze that hard foam rubber thing, and it tended to get rid of some of my stress whenever donks would just NOT give up on hopeless draws. I kept that thing for YEARS, until one day I finally snapped a tip off of it! lolol.

Now, I sometimes keep a rubber band on my wrist, and snap that a bit to keep myself focused and to help prevent me making rash moves against people with no real clue.

I also sometimes use a bit of "aroma therapy". I have a small jar of 'Tiger Balm", a metholated sore muscle rub on jel, that I sometimes put on my upper lip. The smell of the menthol tends to be very soothing to me. The only problem is that if I use it too much, it starts burning

So I too know about the benefits of having some kind of stress relief you can resort to when they just keep sucking out on you!

Nice post mate! Anyone else have methods they use to get rid of "donk stress" while they are playing?

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 13, 2012, 12:56 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2011
Hi ycey, yes I feel your pain m8t just too frustrating at times,you will get them in the end though hopefully m8t.

Old
Tue Feb 14, 2012, 02:10 PM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2010
ChromeStar
i got myself a tree and a half woodpile to turn into kindling. mind you ,i find it best not to chop wood in the house might miss and hit the puter

gl y all

Last edited by wetmoose 613; Tue Feb 14, 2012 at 02:13 PM..

Old
Tue Feb 14, 2012, 07:20 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
We want people to make these ridiculously bad plays, we just don't want them to hit their trash hand against us but invariably some will. Remember, if they never won they wouldn't come back so "feeding the fish" is a part of poker.

Time and a few thousand beats dulls the pain a bit.

Old
Tue Feb 14, 2012, 11:09 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
+ lots, Joe. As much as those bad beats hurt, just think how much harder it would be to win if no one made foolish calls.

Old
Thu Feb 16, 2012, 04:37 PM
(#7)
Since: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy7108 View Post
just think how much harder it would be to win if no one made foolish calls.

But.........

there is so much difference between a foolish caller and a total donk

i.e. betting out your A rag on river when there have been prior big bets to an AKTJ board. If they can't see there's probably a Q out there, happy days,

It's the tools that call the whole way to big bets with air, my latest, AK pocket, flop AK7, I make a pot bet cause donks still in, he calls, turn and river 4 5, donks still there and has 3 6.

Lol, I tried getting through the monitor to get at him.

Old
Tue Feb 21, 2012, 10:35 PM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2011
WhiteStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullO2s View Post

Lol, I tried getting through the monitor to get at him.
Tried "donkey puching 'em" through the monitor, wound up with custom monitor. Hangs head, shakes head, kicks can can't believe it I lost and got a brand new customized monitor in process as well LOL

_____

I'm slowly learning that when I make notes on these [insert Phil Helmuth line] if I write down how I feel about 'em including the play, I can let it go and focus on game from there on out. Some of my notes aren't PG friendly suffice to say the least

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com