Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Consistency

Old
Consistency - Mon Feb 13, 2012, 06:49 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2012
Hi my first post here
I have just dicovered the PSO forum and will have a good read of the forums tomorrow.
I have played about 15 of the big tournies (above 2000 entrants) and so far I have finished in the money about 4 times,my question is how do I become more consistent.I watch some players build there stack playing just about any hands.
What is the best way for me to learn my mistakes on Pokerstars is it best to get hand history for my tournamnets.
If so how do I go about analysing them

Old
Mon Feb 13, 2012, 07:01 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi WidViking!

Welcome to the forum.

Watching the other players build a stack playing anything is not the way to go. I would advise that you start with the course material available from the courses tab above. Especially the Basic, Core and MTT courses. The next thing to take advantage of would be the video archive (videos tab above) and the live training sessions (tab above).

The next thing after this would be to look at the hand histories. These can be obtained from the client by the requests tab, then hand history. These can also be saved directly to your computer from the options tab, then instant hand histories from the client.
There are also hand analysis sections for cash games, tourneys, limit games and other games in the forum in the corresponding sections of the Poker Education group. Each hand that is posted there can be commented on by the members and will be evaluated by one or more of the PSO Hand Analyzers. There are normally multiple ways to play a hand and seeing the different options can help members to learn from them. Take a look at some of the ones that are in there already.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JWK24; Mon Mar 05, 2012 at 05:33 PM..

Old
Wed Feb 15, 2012, 05:10 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2012
Thanks for that ,my next question was gonna be how do I use this site

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com