Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

youve got to be joking

Old
youve got to be joking - Mon Feb 13, 2012, 11:25 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
ok im not accusing anyone of anything but check this out

this is the big $8.80 not sure if it will show in the replayer or not but this player announces their hand "6 9" preflop,

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

i took this players name and later ran it through sharkscope and they have an ability rating 79/100 on there,like i said im not accusing anyone of anything but WTF.

*********** # 1 **************
PokerStars Hand #75528625084: Tournament #560011331, $8.00+$0.80 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (40/80) - 2012/02/13 11:30:22 ET
Table '560011331 170' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: tovervorst (5355 in chips)
Seat 2: Ceppbl (3776 in chips)
Seat 3: whell11 (6430 in chips)
Seat 4: Seki66 (8860 in chips)
Seat 5: sexi_stace (3475 in chips)
Seat 6: milehigh0874 (9736 in chips)
Seat 7: formel-77 (3000 in chips) out of hand (moved from another table into small blind)
Seat 8: Lux1986 (2780 in chips)
Seat 9: R. Cifaretto (4261 in chips)
tovervorst: posts the ante 10
Ceppbl: posts the ante 10
whell11: posts the ante 10
Seki66: posts the ante 10
sexi_stace: posts the ante 10
milehigh0874: posts the ante 10
Lux1986: posts the ante 10
R. Cifaretto: posts the ante 10
Lux1986: posts small blind 40
R. Cifaretto: posts big blind 80
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to milehigh0874 [4h Qh]
tovervorst: folds
Ceppbl: raises 80 to 160
whell11: folds
Seki66: folds
sexi_stace said, "69"
sexi_stace: raises 3305 to 3465 and is all-in
milehigh0874: folds
Lux1986: folds
R. Cifaretto: folds
Ceppbl: calls 3305
*** FLOP *** [Jh 6c 9d]
*** TURN *** [Jh 6c 9d] [9c]
*** RIVER *** [Jh 6c 9d 9c] [Kh]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Ceppbl: shows [Ah 8c] (a pair of Nines)
sexi_stace: shows [6s 9s] (a full house, Nines full of Sixes)
sexi_stace collected 7130 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 7130 | Rake 0
Board [Jh 6c 9d 9c Kh]
Seat 1: tovervorst folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: Ceppbl showed [Ah 8c] and lost with a pair of Nines
Seat 3: whell11 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Seki66 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: sexi_stace showed [6s 9s] and won (7130) with a full house, Nines full of Sixes
Seat 6: milehigh0874 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Lux1986 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: R. Cifaretto (big blind) folded before Flop

im sending you this as i found this concerning ,i dont mind a
>player announcing their hand,the outcome is what i found
>concerning,i do not use sharkscope huds or anything in game
>play, but i did a internet search of this player and their
>ability is rated 79/100,this isnt the sort of play you expect
>to see from a quality player. tournament is the big $8.80 i
>dont have the tournament id,but here is the hand number
>*75528625084 i also have the hand history if its requred.
>

THE RESPONSE

Thank you for sharing your concern about the security of hole
card information.

The program installed on your computer cannot be hacked to show
the hole cards of other players, or the cards yet to come. This
information is not transmitted from our servers until the instant
the information needs to be shown on screen, and is not
accessible by the client software before this time. No player is
able to manipulate the deal. We have never been given any
indication or evidence that such an attempt has been made or that
it is possible that any program to do so exists.

We are aware that there are some programs advertised on the
internet that claim to make it possible to see other players'
cards. We have investigated many of these programs, and have not
found any that do what they claim to do. Some of them are malware
programs which compromise the security of whoever installs the
software. But mostly they are simply scams; attempts to steal
money from people who believe incorrectly that they will get a
competitive edge. In truth, they do not compromise PokerStars
security.

Furthermore, PokerStars has dealt tens of billions of hands and
have never had cause to suspect that our shuffle software has
been hacked. Each card is randomly selected and has no
connection to the next card. PokerStars operates state-of-the-art
defence systems to detect and protect our games from hackers.

For details, please see our site integrity web page:

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/features/security/

However, it is possible for *your* PC to have malicious software
installed on it - either a virus or some other sort of malware.
If you believe that this has happened, we can give you some
advice on how to secure your PC, however we encourage you to
consult a local computer security expert to inspect your PC and
to take appropriate steps.

Of course, if you have further information that you would like us
to respond to in greater detail, or if you have any other
questions, please feel free to write back any time.

Regards,

Mick
PokerStars Support Team
---
We are poker!

QUITE FRANKLY MY CONCERN HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY HOLE CARDS

Last edited by milehigh0874; Tue Feb 14, 2012 at 09:14 AM.. Reason: add more information

Old
Mon Feb 13, 2012, 11:38 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi milehigh0874!

If that happened to me, I'd take the hand history (make sure the chat's in it) and send to support@pokerstars.com with an explanation of what happened in the hand. They will be able to look into the player and take any apporpriate actions.

Hope this helps.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 14, 2012, 12:38 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
These idiots can be glad I'm not in in charge of PS security /..I'd shove them out of the room ..

Nic

Old
re- youve got to be joking - Tue Feb 14, 2012, 12:57 AM
(#4)
i wasnt in the hand, but honestly it something you hate to see

Old
re post -youve got to be kidding - Tue Feb 14, 2012, 01:19 AM
(#5)
if i was to send this to support,and they do look into the player and take action will anyone ever know the outcome or will it be hidden behind some privacy protection policy,id want to know the outcome because things like this make me ask who the privacy policies are protecting, and should i bother risking my money here,or just get the player details and send them a monthly cheque and save us all the hassle of even bothering to play the game.

Old
Tue Feb 14, 2012, 01:30 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Milehigh!

I've had to contact them a few times over the years but they always responded to me... one way or the other.
I started out as a regular PSO member, just like you, and found some suspected multi's in games and reported them, and always got some sort of reply.
It's always good when players catch any type of problems, whether it be collusion, multi accounts, soft play, etc. If we all do our jobs with it, the tables will be better off for all involved.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 14, 2012, 01:56 AM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicdabull View Post
These idiots can be glad I'm not in in charge of PS security /..I'd shove them out of the room ..

Nic
I'm glad to see you have a new found love for keeping to the rules. What's your current opinion on using foreign languages at the table ?

Old
Tue Feb 14, 2012, 02:44 AM
(#8)
Since: Nov 2011
HI mile can you remember if the player was tag until this stage?

Old
re- youve got to be joking - Tue Feb 14, 2012, 03:33 AM
(#9)
no holdemace it was late here and id been playin for a while but i think he was relatively new to the table,either way it doesnt look good ,ive sent a message to support so ill post any feedback i get on the matter

Old
Tue Feb 14, 2012, 03:47 AM
(#10)
Ok mate no problem just very similar to a topic I was on about of late, IM thinking maybe drunken people lol getting really lucky lol maybe.

Old
Tue Feb 14, 2012, 05:09 AM
(#11)
Since: Apr 2011
You will get a reply from support /and or security both on receipt of your complaint/report and in a week or so from the security team with results. I have both times I've reported suspicions/complaints of the same event as you.
.....thought I still had the emails but I don't .

Here's a quick run down from my past experience....might be informative ...might not lol

Had this happen one time in league b4 black Friday right after I started at stars:

...guy "calling" his hole cards pre-flop then calling hand results (flop,turn,and river) before the hand was done in the chat box....weird thing thing was he was right 7-8 times in a row with the hand results prior to the cards coming. Not the exact cards but the hand rank and the results of each addition to the board.... as well as final outcome and the opponents hand rankings.....(small pair etc..)

I got curious......meow oops stupid monkey.... lol....

Just for sh8ts and giggles(I was >3bbstack by then last 600 runners or so) I started to chat the guy up a bit and have to admit I egged him on a touch and as I sat right behind him it was easy to do without disturbing the play much more than he already had. (by this time most of the table were sitting out) I open shoved at his suggestion(it was HU by then in the hand all other players mucking ) and hit 222 after the flop(pp2s which he called correctly pre flop as well as stating his hole cards) then he nuts me running running (just as he predicted) with a bigger boat (my boat card gave him a set on the turn, and he filled up on the river).....got reported and almost banned for it.
That's when I learned about chat rules concerning play as I had included myself in his misdeed LOL.....never did see the guys avatar again so I've always wondered if he got punted ... I sincerely hope so..........as his conduct had annoyed me as well.
... In my own mind I wasn't cheating (first and last time I ever saw him but I'm sure the other players might have had a different opinion) or looking for advantage in the hand (he told me I would lose) but sure got suspicious whether the guy knew what the deck was b4 the hand....so I wanted to give him some rope lol ...and got my wee wee smacked as I deserved.
I had always wondered (Holdemace you made a point in your query of security) given the sophistication of the hackers these days if it was possible to breech security in this way.... 2 weeks later the poker site scam hit the proverbial "front page" of the poker world about the visible hole cards,collusion etc....(NOT stars)....but it gave me concern enough to do some research online and with the RCMP.....and as far as I can tell Stars passes the test...
...no official concerns of merit I believe the reply from the cops said (got some sour grapes out there stars?) . LOL
good on ya stars
I never forgot the incident both because of the well deserved smack (the only one I ever had from security at any poker site) and because this guy was accurate to the point of statistical near- impossibility that he was guessing....
...anyways hope you took a hand history and sent it in and I hope he gets punted as this kind of play is outright CHEATING IMO and gives a huge edge to which ever "friends " it was meant for....and if not collusion it just destroys the play for that hand. which in some ways is worse.
Take the time to help protect the integrity of the game we love , it serves ALL players as well as yourself... oh and don't chat with him during play just record and report lol

cheers r0ck....

Old
Tue Feb 14, 2012, 05:43 AM
(#12)
Great story and post rock very amusing I thought lol, and I would of chatted to the opp as well and had the same problems probably lol..
any one no where we can buy this software lmao, lol joking before security has me.

Old
re- youve got to be joking - Wed Feb 15, 2012, 06:16 AM
(#13)
not sure if you saw the edited post or not,im not worried that he can see my hole cards,stats suggest hes good player,announces 69 shoves and hits fullhouse,its not like he was short stacked or anything,blinds and antes werent worth stealin, so why shove them cards????

Old
Wed Feb 15, 2012, 07:12 AM
(#14)
Hi mate just looked at your edit and pokerstars responce, so they are saying this is impossible for any one or any program to predict the out come or see your hole cards. What are they saying about malware on a persons computer?.Are they saying we can be hacked as such and they can see our cards?. Any one want to explain this to me because thats what I just read it as. If so how are they getting our i.p adress to do this?. weird lol.
Or have I just completely miss read that?.

Old
re- youve got to be joking - Wed Feb 15, 2012, 11:54 AM
(#15)
either way holdemace i dont see the relevance of my hole cards in this instance,or anyone elses the play just doesnt look right to me ,maybe im wrong and these are the plays i need to be making to raise my stats lol,as for the malware,computers get hacked all the time,i think the *your* computer part is tryin to tell me my computers easier to hack than their extremely expensive and regularly updated one.if your curious about the hole card thing type "ULTIMATEBET SCANDAL" into your web search engine and have a read

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com