Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / New Members /

new here

Old
new here - Tue Feb 14, 2012, 11:37 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2012
hey,

A couple of days ago I decided to join here because I just started playing poker for real money and because I want to get better at poker. I'm mainly doing the 50 cent 90 and 45 man sit & go's, which is actually going quite well. I have only played 3 of them so far but I ended up in the money twice. I also play freerolls sometimes.
That's about it for my introduction :p

Old
Tue Feb 14, 2012, 02:41 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
Hi m8t welcome, to get started I would look at the forum tabs at the top of page , videos etc, then maybe ask a few questions , just jump right in m8t feel at home, anything you need to know just ask,do not worry about if you dont spell or word it correctly everyone will work it out eventually lol.
Some good players on here that can and will help you if you have any problems .good luck m8t enjoy it while you are here.

Old
Tue Feb 14, 2012, 03:09 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi XDcchrisXD!

Be sure to look into the live training sessions along with the video and course sections. They will help for those games.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by royalraise85; Mon Mar 05, 2012 at 04:23 PM..

Old
Tue Feb 14, 2012, 03:11 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2010
Welcome to PSO -

There used to be a dedicated job here for a well liked and respected member of PSO to welcome new members - but unfortunately they recently dispensed with that.

My main advice would be to take advantage of all the great educational stuff here, Live Training & the ever growing video archive of training sessions. Hand Analysis Forum, Hand of the Day, maybe you could try the Cowboy's Challenge as that fits well with the type of sitngo games you are currently playing.

There is a lot of negativity in the forum just now, (not without reason), but at the moment i think it is a case of cherry picking the best stuff and finding your feet. For new people turning up I think it is important to emphasise the good stuff.

In The Langolier we have one of the most experienced players/trainers you will find anywhere online and a very good communicator of practical poker theory at all levels, unfortunately with the US situation we can't watch him play live, but there are occasional play money home games in Sunday live training where we can play against the US contingent. The other trainers here are all very good too. The education/training section is the core here and well worth checking out.

Any general questions on PSO/PS promotions will get answered quickly by the regulars here too.

It's a good place going through some painful changes - just make the best of it. It has certainly been good for my game since I found it.

Good luck

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Tue Feb 14, 2012, 03:25 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Welcome to PSO Chris!

It's great to see you here!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 14, 2012, 04:36 PM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2012
Welcome!

Gl at the tables

Old
Tue Feb 14, 2012, 04:55 PM
(#7)
Since: Apr 2011
Welcome ..gl at the felts... lots of good info and feed back for your poker questions...you just have to have an open mind(some of what you see you will disagree with but on the whole bet it's you who is wrong lol) and take the time to use these resources provided Lango,ahar ,chewme1 ,honu et al are all great coaches so make use of the live training,during the show if you can. Learn to use the replayer in tools offered here asap as it is unbeatable for self analysis and posting queries in the forum.
anyhow cheers and welcome r0ck

Old
Thu Feb 16, 2012, 06:51 AM
(#8)
Since: Feb 2012
Thank you all for your tips and welcome messages. I have already looked into some of the resources you recommended and they have been very useful already.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com