Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

...and then sometimes, you run good

Old
...and then sometimes, you run good - Tue Feb 14, 2012, 12:30 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2011
Been playing cash a lot lately and I think I'm getting much better. THIS hand however is not one of those times. This is a simple case of RUN GOOD.

The Large reraise here was to ISO the short stack. For some reason, I just assumed the other player would fold out here, and that the short stack was sitting on AK. It was a bad play all around in this situation, but it worked out.

Double good news on this one. 1) I lucked out and won a HUGE pot (for 5NL anyway.) and 2) i learned a lesson here. Won't be playing like this much in the future if I can help it!

L8r,

Old
Thu Feb 16, 2012, 10:01 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2011
Hy!
You get very lucky on this hand but your opponents was a short stack and i would do the same.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com