Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / New Members /

Poker help

Old
Poker help - Wed Feb 15, 2012, 02:07 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hey all been playing poker on and off for 2 years, probably about evans on the money front. i was playing much to high for my bankroll now im playing 0.50-1 NL i always seem to make money then waste it away on silly decisions and hands that i realy dont need to play. I was wondering if anyone has any advice, maybe i should play for a less amount of session time , play more tables, should i buy any of the poker software etc.

any advice would be very helpful

Old
Wed Feb 15, 2012, 03:23 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
*** Moved ***

Hi there Mjbflush,

First of all I'd like to say that your very welcome here in the Forum, it's great to see you here.

Check out the Courses here at PSO

not to mention the Live training.....

This is just for starters, there are plenty of very helpful people here in the Forum so be sure to post plenty of questions.

Again, great to see you here!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by royalraise85; Mon Mar 05, 2012 at 04:25 PM..

Old
Wed Feb 15, 2012, 05:09 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hi Mjbflush!

Welcome to PSO!

I just wanted to point out, in addition to the Great stuff here at PSO in the post by Cannon Lee, we also have a hand analysis forum section.

You can use the PSO "replayer" to load hand histories (found under the "tools" tab at the top of the home page), and by posting them in the HA forum we can all discuss your plays in the hand. This can be a great tool to use in improving your game, as it allows the entire community to adds thoughts you might find useful in future situations!

Again, welcome to the PSO forum and I hope to see you soon!

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 15, 2012, 10:42 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2011
Hi mj as the mods say, here is the place to be to become a winning player, and to the sftware question the answer is no, you do not need it to win on here. I will quickly explain why, software users have players stats etc at the table,however stats can not be that accurate when the player software says as a poor ranking and is showing up as a begginner could be having a good day and playing like a pro,or just his ?her mate is playing on their account for example. Where as observation allows you to see exactly what is happening on that table, hope this helps welcome here and please stay,ask questions that is the way to find the winning formula.

Old
Wed Feb 15, 2012, 10:47 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
or just his ?her mate is playing on their account for example.
Please note that this is against the TOS and can get the user banned due to this. Only one person is allowd to play on an account.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 15, 2012, 11:02 PM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2011
Well mentioned jw and yes I know this, but you know there is no possible way to monitor who is behind the mouse, and its an example of what can happen if you are a software user,so software is not the key this does not give you any advantage,now I have researched my own answers about software and made up that assumption,that it can give you false reads and false security for them reasons. Only observation can tell you how a player is playing on any given day.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com