Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

I cant steal with crap cards yet

Old
I cant steal with crap cards yet - Wed Feb 15, 2012, 04:17 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
Recently i started some steal attempts from reasonable positions with great success but i always starting with at least a high card or 78+ connectors preferably suited .
Can someone tell me if and when i can go to steal with 'almost nothing' ?

PS:'almost nothing' has a range too,please define it as well .

Thank you in Advance
Elias.C.

Old
Wed Feb 15, 2012, 05:18 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Elias!

For me, this is going to be totally dependant on the table and how the opps are playing. If they're not all playing very tight, then those types of steals will not work very often, as they're more likely to get called. I also want to have a very tight table image when I make this type of move, as the looser that I am perceived, the more likely I am to get called.
Table image and table dynamics will be what determines whether or not a steal with nothing will or will not be likely to work.

Hope this helps.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 15, 2012, 05:59 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
an ATC question like this cant be answered in a few sentences. or even a chapter for that matter. this play is so situational, and dependent on op. reads, table dynamics, your perceived image, position, stack sizes, etc. that no one can give you any kind of black and white answer. sorry.
one example of an ATC steal might be, say your on the button with a medium stack. you have a pretty tight image. it's folded around to you. the small and big blinds are also on medium-small stacks and are playing tight as well, say 15-20 bb deep. that,s a pretty sweet spot to make a play like this
, or maybe your on the button and the BB is sitting out. that's an all day long type of situation too. many, many more. but i hope you get my drift about being so situational it cant just be simply answered.
hope that helps you out a bit.
MT

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com