Old
Thu Feb 16, 2012, 02:38 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Capatainbob19!

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking for here, but if it's for a password, posting passwords in the forum is against the TOS.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JWK24; Mon Mar 05, 2012 at 05:52 PM..

Old
Fri Feb 17, 2012, 12:30 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
lol

Old
Fri Feb 17, 2012, 12:52 AM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2011
Hello captainbob, I think I see that as a sarcastic question so I will try to answer you on what I think you are saying.
The answer is yes most of the free rolls are in fact not free, meaning depositors free roll you have to deposit ,most of the others you need fpps and so on.
However I have seen completely free rolls from time to time so just keep an eye out for the promotions.

Old
Fri Feb 17, 2012, 01:36 AM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Gotta be impressed by the quality of new members we're attracting. I knew this place was on the up

Old
Fri Feb 17, 2012, 03:15 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
Gotta be impressed by the quality of new members we're attracting. I knew this place was on the up
on linepoker Dman.

Thanks for helping, holdemace. It's always nice when you swing by and make stuff up based on what you think people are saying. Especially if you're telling them that it's OK to disregard math because you have a feeling that your theory is what you feel is correct. Based on your opinion, of course...

Argh.

If anyone is checking this thread and wondering about freerolls on PokerStars, there are MANY freerolls running every day. Most have nothing to do with PSO or any promos. They can be found in the PokerStars client lobby under TOURNEY/FREEROLL. Those are the daily "Astronomer" freerolls.

Through them you can win a Weekly Round 2 ticket that will send you to your choice of a $2K tourney on Saturday or Sunday each week.

Also, ANOTHER TOTALLY free freeroll is the PSO Open Skill League. OK, this one isn't really for the $10 prize pool. It's all about the end of the month prizes.

Check out the link JWK posted up there, and good luck on the tables.

Old
Fri Feb 17, 2012, 03:40 AM
(#7)
Strangely enough you explained about free rolls so must have read the question as I did?
and why do you keep on at me,its not my fault the americans can not play get a grip people are allowed opinions and to think how they want to think not how you tell me to think or any one else for that fact ,so if i want to say I think the maths is not correct I will, do you ever hear me say its fact?. NO the answer is to that I say in my opinion.

Old
Fri Feb 17, 2012, 01:34 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
Hello captainbob, I think I see that as a sarcastic question so I will try to answer you on what I think you are saying.
The answer is yes most of the free rolls are in fact not free, meaning depositors free roll you have to deposit ,most of the others you need fpps and so on.
However I have seen completely free rolls from time to time so just keep an eye out for the promotions.
The point is that you're giving out MISinformation here. You're telling people that MOST of the freerolls on PokerStars are not actually free. And you're just flat-out wrong.

Old
Fri Feb 17, 2012, 03:55 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2010
@OP - the Online Pokershow Freeroll runs every Thursday at 2:30pm CT, and it is free, the password is announced on the Sunday Million show each week on PS TV. It is usually announced about 3/4 through the show.

Hope that helps.

Old
Fri Feb 17, 2012, 04:04 PM
(#10)
Also if you sign up at ' forumotion freerolls ' you can get this password and a few others.

Old
Sat Feb 18, 2012, 01:31 AM
(#11)
well mc sorry if i sounded miffed at you but i go on the free roll tab and cannot find free, free rolls just fpps ones or hubbles whatever that is.

Old
Sat Feb 18, 2012, 10:39 AM
(#12)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
well mc sorry if i sounded miffed at you but i go on the free roll tab and cannot find free, free rolls just fpps ones or hubbles whatever that is.
It might be better if you acquainted yourself with the basics of what this site has to offer before giving any more advice

Old
Sat Feb 18, 2012, 11:29 AM
(#13)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrissinger View Post
it's OK to disregard math because you have a feeling that your theory is what you feel is correct. Based on your opinion, of course...

This is off-topic, but word of cation: holdemace wasn't mathematically precise, but neither is Wikipedia. That gambler's fallacy has been WAY overinterpreted to mean much more than it does through internet telephone tag - people read that page and quote it like it's the nuts. At it's essence, the gambler's fallacy is limited to saying that generally people ought to just keep to pot odds. I mean like there's other mathematical theories that somebody so inclined could factor in addtion to pot odds, like ICM math, or sequential pattersn like I was also considering ... but generally pot odds are going to tend to always be the main factor ...

Sam

Last edited by TrustySam; Sat Feb 18, 2012 at 11:31 AM..

Old
Sat Feb 18, 2012, 02:02 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
It might be better if you acquainted yourself with the basics of what this site has to offer before giving any more advice
Had I known you were going to post something that was going to make me shoot coffee out of my face, I would have written your name on the paper towel dispenser in the bathroom at the bar again instead of changing it to effsea...

Old
Thumbs up
Wow - Sat Feb 18, 2012, 06:55 PM
(#15)
This thread is something else, I spewed tea out my nose twice already,,,and its still early yet,,,,, wow ,just when u think you had seen it all, yes I am entertained,,

Old
Sun Feb 19, 2012, 05:33 PM
(#16)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Then you are about half as bright as a bag of rocks.

For anyone who ISN'T gifted with a near MENSA IQ like the "ace" click on the Freeroll option under the Tourney tab and look for the BROWN colored options,the ones named for...gasp,the sheer genius of Stars hiding of these events becomes so readily apparent here...famous ASTRONOMERS. Hence the ASTRONOMER freerolls.

Win a ticket in any one of these and it gets you an entry into ANY Weekly Round 2 tourney of your choice. There is one every Saturday (always NLHE) and every Sunday (mix the games up here...NLHE,Triple Stud,FLHE,Omaha...etc.). The prize pool in each WR2 is $2000. One ticket = one entry.You can win as many tickets as you want. Beginning bankroll players you should be grinding the Hell out of these. BTW for the Tab-options impaired---the Weekly Round 2's are listed in bold black letters.

As to the semantics you're offering here that there are many freerolls that are NOT free...Bull Hockey.

You EARN FPP's as an added bonus as you earn VPP's. So Stars offers options to put those FPP's to use. Satellites are the best option in MY opinion. But you can also cash them in at a paltry exchange rate (but better than nothing). Or save them for a hat or something in the PSO store. Or use them to enter the FPP tournaments. Easiest way to see all the options and by Bronze,Silver and the rest of the reward levels is to look them up in the VIP tab under Tourney.

As for the depositer freerolls...are you PAYING an entry fee to play them? No? Then they ARE A FRIGGING FREEROLL. Nowhere does it say you HAVE to deposit on here. Nowhere does it say that if you DO deposit on here do you have to play in these. If you CHOOSE to deposit this is a special bonus that Stars is running right now. So why not take advantage of it? You are not required to take the add-on or do any re-buys in these and could choose to do something completely different with any deposit made. So they ARE free.

If there is NO entry fee the tournament is a freeroll. Period. End of story.

Try knowing something,ANYTHING,before you authoritatively give people bad advice/information.

Old
Sun Feb 19, 2012, 06:32 PM
(#17)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
lol^2

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com