Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

#3 0.10 360 turbo

Old
#3 0.10 360 turbo - Fri Feb 17, 2012, 05:10 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
How much would you have raise here?

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
1st 2 limpers are very loose playing ATC. SB is loose enough to complete with ATC too. What the best move?

Thank you.

Old
Fri Feb 17, 2012, 06:26 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
first one id raise to ~300 (3x BB + 1bb per limper), second hand id raise to ~200-250 but be prepared to let it go if the flop missed me badly..

Old
Fri Feb 17, 2012, 07:33 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
I would make a standard raise exactly as Austerror suggests in the first hand.

Second hand I would just check and reevaluate on the flop. It is too early to get carried away with AJ. I would expect the limpers' calling ranges are pretty wide. So raising isn't going to get them to fold or give us any idea of what they are holding if they call. (I'd play AQ the same way. AK and pp 10+ I'd normally raise for value preflop)

Roland GTX

Old
Fri Feb 17, 2012, 08:25 AM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2010
First hand I would Shove or just call. (being prepared to fold on flop if missed)
2nd hand i would check fold if missed.

Old
Fri Feb 17, 2012, 11:51 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckkky View Post
First hand I would Shove or just call. (being prepared to fold on flop if missed)
2nd hand i would check fold if missed.
May I ask why Shove or call here Chuckky?

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 17, 2012, 12:03 PM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2011
Hi, my thoughts on the first hand is just to call, my thought on the second hand is to check.
I would play both of these hands passively because of my position. Also this way if you hit huge on the flop the disguise of the hands is good.
One of the limper's may be holding a massive hand and playing it trappy.
If you raise from that position you need to be stronger than Ak and AJ, my reasoning is then if the next to act calls, pot odds allows the other opps to call making it multiway anyway and the idea to narrow down the pot fails.

Old
Fri Feb 17, 2012, 03:42 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Keldraco,

Very interesting spots as usual

Given the turbo structure and the much looser play we will see at the 10c level I would be inclined to be agressive here rather than cautious.

In the 1st hand, AK is normally a hand I'm willing to 3bet or commit with at the early stages of a trubo. With this many limpers an being OOP a "standard" raise would be to something like 350. If we get any callers we are pretty much commited anyway. For this reason I would probably just shove here. I think the only argument against shoving I think is losing value but I think with this many limpers we are still likely to get action from worse players who just can't turn down a big pot. When we don't get callers we are still picking up 200 chips for a 1400 stack which is a nice little pot. Versus a smaller number of opponents we could try and build a pot, but multiway we could just get ourselves in a bad spot.

2nd hand. Again I think a shove here would be +EV. Here we do only have 2 limpers and the SB and we should have a little more of a read on our opponents. We could look for some more value, raise to something like 350 or 400, we will still get alot of folds, but also hopefully get a headsup pot vs one of the weak players.

Both hands are earlier in a turbo where I'm generally happy to gamble a bit with hands I think are ahead since we have so little time invested.

Good Luck
Andy

Thanks
Andrew

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 17, 2012, 09:15 PM
(#8)
Since: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
May I ask why Shove or call here Chuckky?

Grade b
Hey Grade b
If I was going to make a (pot size) rasie of $220 say and get 1 call, I would likely make a half pot size continuation bet of $330.00 (with my raise and 1 caller the pot would be $660.00)

With this being likely a third of my stack is already in the middle.
So If I am going to be pot commited pre flop, I want any callers to be pot committed as well.

With this many in the pot, I would prob just check it most of the time if it was early on.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com