Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

How To Play The Short Stack in $0.10 - 360

Old
How To Play The Short Stack in $0.10 - 360 - Sat Feb 18, 2012, 07:48 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2009
Hey guys, last time I was here I was up around $250 from 10 centers, now it's getting towards $400!

I decided to make my own chart about what kinds of hands to shove with when your stack hits 5bb.

[ You really don't want your stack to ever dip below 5 bigs because you risk losing any Fold Equity that you had left ]

Also, you really want to be FIRST into the pot when shoving, to increase likelihood of the pot being as small as possible to increase your equity and chance of winning the pot.

So if I was ready to push QJ UTG+1, and UTG LIMPS, I FOLD every time because your stack probably won't shake him off.

Hands that you can STILL SHOVE after limpers can be AJ+ and 44+
- I go by this theory every time and I am winning a lot more often

Hands you can still shove after RAISERS can be AQ+ and 88+

I use a cool piece of Mathematical Software called PokerStove and I trust this information

The chart that I made myself will be below. I really hope this helps anyone who has trouble!
Thanks for reading !! GL
Attached Files
File Type: txt 5bb ShortStack Hands.txt (678 Bytes, 31 views)

Old
Sat Feb 18, 2012, 07:53 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
***moved to more appropriate forum JWK24***

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 18, 2012, 10:41 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
How many games is this over?

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 19, 2012, 06:07 AM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2009
Like 5k games haha coz I'm cheap like that

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com