Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

It never ends, does it

Old
It never ends, does it - Sun Feb 19, 2012, 10:30 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
When does one stop running into people making crazy moves and sucking out with it??

Old
Sun Feb 19, 2012, 11:54 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Ov3rsight!

Unfortunately, the answer to that is NEVER.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 19, 2012, 12:33 PM
(#3)
Ahhh, when we stop playing online poker??

Old
Sun Feb 19, 2012, 12:35 PM
(#4)
Or perhaps, if we victims forge an alliance, and then ask for pokerstars support, and police the tables, then render punishment e.g. stake the victim's games for 10-days...

Hmmm this is better... Hope it's plausible...

Old
Sun Feb 19, 2012, 12:39 PM
(#5)
We can also abduct them late at night or early in the morning while they sleep, insert some prove into them, do some bio-engineering, tinker with their dna, and take out those bad cells that make them call with suckout cards. this way we save ourselves and the future poker life of our kids...

Old
Sun Feb 19, 2012, 02:11 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi! Ov3rsight,

Its part & parcel of poker which attracts recreational/bad players. The only thing we can control is how we react to these situations. To state the obvious, making the right decisions will be favourable in the long run. Good luck.

Cheers.

Old
Sun Feb 19, 2012, 02:35 PM
(#7)
Since: Nov 2011
Hi ov3, are you on a slight tilt at the moment?. Maybe need some time out. Theres always going to be the good and the bad players, you have to let it not bother you ,or else that will take your concentration away from your game.
You will end up in the rutt I was in,afraid to call just incase you get donked. I know how thrustrating it can be ,at times you feel like strangling the monitor lol,regroup your thinking,
I may be off base with what I'm saying,but them are the sort of posts I use to post lol.

Old
Sun Feb 19, 2012, 08:07 PM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ov3rsight View Post
When does one stop running into people making crazy moves and sucking out with it??
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hi Ov3rsight!

Unfortunately, the answer to that is NEVER.

John (JWK24)

Very rare occasion when I disagree with you JW but my take is the complete opposite...

Fortunately the answer to that is NEVER.

Reason being is I WANT the droolers to hit their luckbox suckouts here and there so they REMAIN droolers. Also for every drooler you face there are 2-4 more players on that table trying to let their inner drooler out and when they see some dope call off 70% of their stack over 3 streets to hit their 2 outer on the river,then THEY start having those disjointed and spastic synapses in THEIR pointed little heads line up and think that is the way to play.

And this is a good thing...

Old
Sun Feb 19, 2012, 08:54 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Good point Moxie. Unfortunate for the bad beats.... fortunate for the overall long run bankroll.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 19, 2012, 09:00 PM
(#10)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ov3rsight View Post
When you are in a big wooden box or a really hot furnace - then this stuff will stop.

Until then you have to live with it.

Ed

Old
Sun Feb 19, 2012, 11:14 PM
(#11)
Since: Mar 2011
I just sat ina big wooden box with my laptop and stil got bad beats boo to your theory

not tryin hot furnace tonight

Old
Mon Feb 20, 2012, 12:40 AM
(#12)
Since: Jul 2010
LMAO, Rollo, that's priceless!!

Old
Mon Feb 20, 2012, 03:50 AM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2012
Ov3rsight, i posted a similar thread last week cause i was in the same boat. If it helps at all, what i did was clear up my mind for a day, took a break and just thought of my game plan. Tehn when i hit the tables i stuck to the basics of play. Category 1 and 2 in EP and up until category 4 in cutoff and button. Then i would always ask myself a question before i bet, and that was "do i really want to invest any money with the hand that im holding from this position?" And it worked. I am back to winning and taking down SNG's again. 18, 27, and 90 seaters. In an aggressive game i find myself even folding medium pocket pairs from EP-Middle postition, and sometimes in late postion even just limp to avoid those donks that will call with anything and then possibly hit their K OR Q on the flop even though they have a rag kicker. I guess when you're on a table with junk boxes you just have to tighten up your play a bit. Hope that this will help

ps here are the categories broken down

category 1: AA,KK
category 2: QQ, AKs, AKo, JJ
category 3: AQs, AQo, TT, 99
category 4: AJs, KQs, 88, 77

Last edited by aga32_x; Mon Feb 20, 2012 at 03:53 AM..

Old
Mon Feb 20, 2012, 08:31 AM
(#14)
This is outstanding!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo834 View Post
I just sat ina big wooden box with my laptop and stil got bad beats boo to your theory

not tryin hot furnace tonight

Old
Mon Feb 20, 2012, 08:37 AM
(#15)
Seriously, it's got a good side to it though... when you see there's an 'outlaw' on your table, you tend to be more careful and attentive to your game... pre- and post-

What you don't want in your table is someone, who's running terribly and outrageously good, that whatever hand they have, and no matter how many callers there are, they win...

Old
Tue Feb 21, 2012, 01:47 PM
(#16)
It's ridiculous isn't it? These guys will win every hand with any 2 cards, giving credence to the "winning seat" theory by the way, and then when you look them up on Top Shark or other sites you see they are down several thousand dollars overall. So why is it the one time you play against them they luckbox? Why can't we play against them the other times when they lose?

Old
Tue Feb 21, 2012, 04:48 PM
(#17)
Since: Jan 2012
hey guys, i just watched this video today and i think that you should all take the time to watch part one and two http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...session-part-1

its from the langolier, a poker coach on this site that goes through a tourny. Be observant of the hands he plays and then go check out my previous post in this thread about hand categories of basic game play.

Old
Sun Mar 04, 2012, 02:22 PM
(#18)
Since: Mar 2011
I dont even own a laptop!!!

Seriously though the Langoliers videos are very good and spacegravys

Both good teachers

Old
Thu Mar 15, 2012, 10:20 PM
(#19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadeyz View Post
Hi! Ov3rsight,

Its part & parcel of poker which attracts recreational/bad players. The only thing we can control is how we react to these situations. To state the obvious, making the right decisions will be favourable in the long run. Good luck.

Cheers.
Ah another mention of the mythical long run . When does it start , when does it finish ?

No one knows because it does not exist .

Old
Fri Mar 16, 2012, 01:28 AM
(#20)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by frasierbeams View Post
Ah another mention of the mythical long run . When does it start , when does it finish ?

No one knows because it does not exist .

You gotta love the chutzpah of the word mythical being thrown into the debate by a person who actually expects ANYONE in this Forum with an ounce of sense to believe his claims of losing 91% of the time when he's all-in heads up with AA.

While simultaneously being dealt AA 7 times more than the norm to boot.

Amazeballs...

(Can we please,please,please get a face palm smiley? It's sorely needed.)

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com