Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

990 man 2 cent

Old
990 man 2 cent - Mon Feb 20, 2012, 12:53 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2011
ok its so low i play these for fun,no real learning here but there fun so played ,and yes its a shove fest almost made the money ,but here is an ace low stack i shove fair enough i loose but here is my question why is the bb with one of the largest stacks folding ,he only needs a couple of hundred chips wich is so small here

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Mon Feb 20, 2012, 01:56 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi PLaws!

The only reason that I can think of is that the BB was worried about the small blind shoving the flop and wanted to save some chips. If I was the BB and the SB didn't call.... I'm calling there with ATC.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 20, 2012, 05:25 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLaws62 View Post
ok its so low i play these for fun,no real learning here but there fun so played ,and yes its a shove fest almost made the money ,but here is an ace low stack i shove fair enough i loose but here is my question why is the bb with one of the largest stacks folding ,he only needs a couple of hundred chips wich is so small here

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

I'm never going to try and explain why anyone in these tourney's does anything that they do,simply because these tournaments are what they are.

But this is horrendous. He folded when a call is only 280 more chips into a pot of nearly 19,000. And being the BB there is no one left behind him to act. I wouldn't care if I was holding the Rules card and a laundry ticket in my hand I am NEVER folding in this spot. No matter what 2 cards he has you have to make this call and if you have a raggy hand but flop huge then you may be taking down a huge pot. If you don't think you're holding the nuts post flop and the SB makes a play for it you can always find your fold button then.

That's about as bad a fold as I've ever seen Plaws.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com