Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Women's Sunday

Old
Women's Sunday - Tue Feb 21, 2012, 01:36 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
Here's another hand from the Women's Sunday, I couldn`t fold this hand, if I didn`t chip up I was done.

Last edited by joy7108; Tue Feb 21, 2012 at 01:44 AM.. Reason: wrong hand

Old
Tue Feb 21, 2012, 03:21 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2011
Good move far as I can tell. I'm not folding kings here. For one, there's only 1 hand that has me beat, and the odds of KK and AA being dealt in the same had are even smaller than the 1/221 for pocket aces. Second: There's a good chance both the other peeps have an ace in their hand, which minimizes the chance of them hitting, which would mean they'd need to hit at least two cards then to beat the kings.

You could fold not wanting to play a 4-way pot here, but with a 12 BB stack, what are you waiting for if not kings. This is a shove anyday...

-----------------------------------------------
keeping track of my poker semi-career: ov3rsight.blog.com

Old
Tue Feb 21, 2012, 07:08 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2011
nh ,played how it should of been,no problems there joy, in they go every time, its either bust or big stack,perfect +ev spot.

Old
Tue Feb 21, 2012, 11:41 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Joy!

While I'd rather be up against less opponents, so that I've got a better chance to win the hand, having a premium pocket pair against multiple opponents is not necessarily a bad thing.
In this situation, I've got a made hand already and there is also a good chance that more than one opp could have a big ace.... which compromises their outs against me.

UTG as a short stack should be shoving wide (so let's put their range into stove as any pair, A, K, broadway or suited). The next player, let's give a 20% range, since they know the first is shoving light. The third player should have a better hand, so let's give them a top 10% range.
Against these types of ranges, KK is a 51% favorite in the hand... not only for a double up, but for a quadruple up.

Especially in a situation where I know that I need chips, being the favorite for a double-up is a great situation to be in. For a quadruple-up, it's an even higher +EV situation.

I like the preflop shove here and would make the exact same play.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com