Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Is this guy Trappy, or just a poor player?

Old
Is this guy Trappy, or just a poor player? - Tue Feb 21, 2012, 01:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2011
Here's a hand from a $5.50 tourney I'm in right now. This is early in the tourney and I'm not involved in the hand. My question concerns the Guy with AK here.

So is this a trap gone wrong or a weak player?

**EDIT**

This is the next hand that he played.....

Still confused on him.

Last edited by BandShooter; Tue Feb 21, 2012 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: additional info.

Old
Tue Feb 21, 2012, 05:19 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hi BandShooter,

I vote "poor player", "prone to tilt shoves", "prone to stupid/risky slow plays".

Obviously, 2 hands are not enough to say specifically, but it looks like in hand #1 he over valued AK by thinking it was "bullet proof" on a paired board...at least bullet proof enough to call a pretty big pot over bet bad.

The 2nd hand looks like was steaming because he got burnt in hand 1, and he was NOT going to let himself get sucked out on cheaply. As a result, he made a bet which SHOULD be pretty "value owning" to him (the other donk made a huge mistake in flatting 1100 on just 99 here; he shoulda shoved or mucked), and kind of got lucky that the other guy was just as bad. a player.

It is marginally possible that the guy we are talking about here IS a good player, who "knew" the player he was betting into huge would call that huge bet weakly, but I kinda doubt it.

So as of now, I'd put him in the "poor player" category, and bet my good value hands accordingly.

Hope it helps.

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 21, 2012, 06:31 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
You read it right JD.

He played about 4 hands after this and was out of the Tournement before the first hour. I however managed to last much longer. Got almost all the way.... to the bubble....

Sigh. Thanks for the read though.

L8r,

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com